Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

8 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I thought James Franklin was a great OC as a HC

Bad OC. Great head coach, CEO/program builder type. Not much of an X/O guy.

If someone wants to be snarky about it, they can show receipts of them predicting that Penn State would have back-to-back (possibly 3 straight) 10 win seasons and NY6 appearances, along with a B1G championship by this point when Franklin was hired, or when PSU was sanctioned.

1 minute ago, BigD88 said:

If someone wants to be snarky about it, they can show receipts of them predicting that Penn State would have back-to-back (possibly 3 straight) 10 win seasons and NY6 appearances, along with a B1G championship by this point when Franklin was hired, or when PSU was sanctioned.

Interesting, I have friend whos knowledgable about Football who says otherwise. Although I'm not sure how much CFB he really watches so got back on his opinion on this. Thanks for the insight

"Three sources — one last year at this time, two others in the past week — have told me that if Hocutt makes a change, one of his first choices and maybe top of the list will be former South Florida coach and current Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, who might be able to apply the hard edge that’s been lacking."

https://www.lubbockonline.com/news/20181123/williams-column-tech-reaches-decision-time-again-on-kingsbury

On 11/21/2018 at 9:58 AM, BigD88 said:

Franklin's also one of the best recruiters.  Ever since he left Maryland, they haven't recruited in their backyard nearly as well as they did with him on their staff.   But yeah, definitely not one of the best X/O guys, some of those Maryland offenses weren't great but he was the HC in waiting. 

Archived