Week 11 GDT: Titans @ Colts

Titans fan 617

Think it would do some of y'all a lot of good to take a step away from sports in general as seriously as you take it. Even if the Titans were consistently great it's not healthy being so in to it that it legitimately depresses or angers you. The Titans winning or losing literally does nothing for any of us in life lol

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

as long as i've been a fan of this team, there has not been a single time when they've ever, ever proved me right for having any kind of faith in them. i'm done, man. i can't possibly bring myself to care about what they do for the rest of the season. it's not worth it.

I can feel this. I admit following the team has gone from a passion to an aggressive hobby. Doesn't feel fair to pour into something that disappoints 50% of the time. 

But I will say for me personally. This team has me feeling the most optimistic than I've had in almost a decade.  
There was no hope during the Locker years. It was just being an optimistic fan. 
We have a GM that seems to have a plan and in my opinion hits at a better average than his peers in his short time. 
We have a HC that gets it and I feel is building something, culture wise and staff wise.
We have talented players that are young and shown more promise than young players in the past. We have players other teams would actually want now. 
We have a QB that we can win with. He isn't a franchise guy that will set the league on fire. But he is the QB for this franchise. 

That's me personally. And none of that may be relevant to you. You very well could disagree with each one. But it's what I see. 
I look around the league and so many teams feel the way we feel. Even teams that have no right to complain (like the Patriot fans last week, Eagles fans...etc.) feel the way we do right now because losing sucks when there are only 16 of these games. And if half of them suck, its devastating.

NFL is a hard sport to be passionate about, because every team can flirt with success only to fall in the end. It isn't the NBA where you can have a star and be good for generations. Or like Baseball where you know you suck and will continue to suck with little hope of improvement. 
Fly high....crash hard. nature of this thing for a lot of teams. 

Well, that's me. 

Love to have you here next Monday as we root the boys to beat the Texans. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We need a stud pass rusher. I know everyone needs one but we need to find a guy that can do it from the edge consistently.  Landry is a good piece but still needs some work to consistently be a threat. 
Something needs to be done with the interior o-line too. Spain apparently has been having a good year according to the Twitter people, but I can't see them keeping him. There needs some shake up. 

I think both Lines need help I keep saying we need guys that can pressure the QB with out help from our LB blitzing 

Kline needs to go for sure and I’m fine with moving on from Spain too but 1 for sure needs to be replaced 

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Mariota is simply an injury prone and average overall QB. If you guys want to hitch your wagon to that for $25+ million a year, then you are asking for more of the same every year. 

He is going to be here. The salary is going to be the only question.

So....not to be a jerk, it really is on you personally if you are willing to support them going forward. 

I'm hitching my wagon to this team, like always. Rooting for the guys that wear that two tone blue. I'm confident he will be here so I'm rooting him on. So I guess it's more of the same for me.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He is going to be here. The salary is going to be the only question.

So....not to be a jerk, it really is on you personally if you are willing to support them going forward. 

I'm hitching my wagon to this team, like always. Rooting for the guys that wear that two tone blue. I'm confident he will be here so I'm rooting him on. So I guess it's more of the same for me.

I mean I root for him to, but that doesn't mean I have to just turn a blind eye when he plays like crap and not hope the team makes a move to try and get an actual good QB.

it's not really that rooting for the team ruins my day or week or anything even close to that. it's just that i do spend a few hours a week on it, as we all do, and get absolutely nothing positive from it. it's just objectively not a good use of time. got plenty of other stuff going on that could use the time instead. at this point it just doesn't make sense to keep tuning in every week.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean I root for him to, but that doesn't mean I have to just turn a blind eye when he plays like crap and not hope the team makes a move to try and get an actual good QB.

Nobody has turned a blind eye to when he makes mistakes.  
I, along with others, are saying there is more to it than just him.

He is a good QB. He just doesn't appear to be the QB you want. 

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Right.

You don't have to hate him to acknowledge what you're seeing on the field.

I wish it wasn't what I was seeing, but when it is I'm not going to ignore it.

Sometimes he plays well, and then he will come out and be just awful.

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We need a stud pass rusher. I know everyone needs one but we need to find a guy that can do it from the edge consistently.  Landry is a good piece but still needs some work to consistently be a threat. 
Something needs to be done with the interior o-line too. Spain apparently has been having a good year according to the Twitter people, but I can't see them keeping him. There needs some shake up. 

Naw Spain has to be resigned him Lewan & Conklin are the only guys that can block people & get to the 2nd level. The only thing Spain in the past struggled with was hand placement & footwork, this year he’s cleaned it up. It’s kline & Jones that’s the problem. I see Kline & Jones always getting pushed back because they can’t anchor, nor can they drive people off the ball & climb to the 2nd level 

Mariota is what he is at this point, not really concerned one way or another about him. What does concern me is how the play calling can shift from being creative to just conservative Fisher/Mularkey ball week to week. It's like we come in to the games vs Buffalo and Indy and think we're so much better than them talent wise that we can just run the ball over and over and only pass on obvious passing downs and still beat them. Just not a good look.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He is a good QB. He just doesn't appear to be the QB you want. 

A good QB on what scale? Compared to all other QBs in the world? Sure, he's a good QB. Compared to other starting NFL QBs? No, he isn't. He's an average QB that needs a great situation to be successful.

11 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I think both Lines need help I keep saying we need guys that can pressure the QB with out help from our LB blitzing 

Kline needs to go for sure and I’m fine with moving on from Spain too but 1 for sure needs to be replaced 

Spain been balling I don’t see how y’all don’t see it, it’s jones & kline that are weakest link

Archived