Week 11 GDT: Titans @ Colts

Titans fan 617

13 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

Getting Morg back is big. Think we get after Luck much like we did Brady. 

I think they will do a lot of quick passes and a lot of what the Eagles did with Ertz down the middle. 

Our secondary and LBs will need to be disciplined and alert. 

From Berry's, Love/Hate this week... He hates Mack, saying "Titan Up! Tennessee has the best red zone defense since the 2008 Steelers, and only three players have a rushing touchdown against the Titans this season. The three: Alex Collins, James Develin and Josh Allen. In other words, only once all season has a team's primary rushing threat gotten into the end zone."

In other notes from his file for this week:

He loves Mariota..." Anyone who has watched, read or listened to me for any amount of time knows I am not the biggest Marcus Mariota fan. But give credit where it's due. He has played well recently, and facing a Colts team that creates pressure at a bottom-10 rate and allows opponents to complete passes at the second-highest rate in the NFL, I like his chances to beat his projection of 16.2."

Loves Deion

Loves CD84..."Only DeAndre Hopkins has a higher target share this season than Corey Davis, who gets 31 percent of the Titans' looks. Against a Colts team that is giving up the second-highest completion percentage on deep balls and the seventh-highest touchdown percentage, I like his chances at beating 12.9 points."

But he also loves Hilton. I understand what he's trying to say, but I believe the Titans continue with what they started last week, letting Adoree shadow the 1, so his comment is a bit out of context. FWIW, this is what they said..." This Titans defense is real and spectacular ... except on the perimeter. Did you know that the Titans are giving up the fourth-most points per completion to players lined up out wide? But against all other positions on the field, they are No. 1 in terms of fewest fantasy points allowed per completion. With this defense playing at a high level, look for a red-hot Andrew Luck to exploit their primary weakness and find Hilton (the team's leader in yards, targets and touchdowns when lined up out wide) for a few big gains."

I hate to say this, but as a long time Titans fan, I get the feeling that this is exactly the type of game that we come out flat and lose. We get a couple big wins and then when set up with a critical, season-changing win, we lay an egg. It just feels like this is what we do, like this is who we've been year after year. It's like this ingrained mindset that we can't be too good, so after a big win (biggest win in a long time) we will have to balance things out and self-correct back to mediocrity. We'll bounce back though, maybe not by beating Houston but we'll beat the Jets and Giants and the teams we're supposed to and maybe sneak into the playoffs.I hope I'm wrong about this though, Vrabel is a different kind of coach then what we've had. But no doubt this is a huge game and will tell us a lot about who we really are. 

2 hours ago, AteBoxx said:

I hate to say this, but as a long time Titans fan, I get the feeling that this is exactly the type of game that we come out flat and lose. We get a couple big wins and then when set up with a critical, season-changing win, we lay an egg. It just feels like this is what we do, like this is who we've been year after year. It's like this ingrained mindset that we can't be too good, so after a big win (biggest win in a long time) we will have to balance things out and self-correct back to mediocrity. We'll bounce back though, maybe not by beating Houston but we'll beat the Jets and Giants and the teams we're supposed to and maybe sneak into the playoffs.I hope I'm wrong about this though, Vrabel is a different kind of coach then what we've had. But no doubt this is a huge game and will tell us a lot about who we really are. 

And that was the mindset of many going into the Patriots game. That we were going to get flat out embarrassed.  

Now I'm not one to say we shouldn't lose, because we could very well lose. It is how divisional games go.

I mean truthfully on paper and what not, we shouldn't lose again, but we know we will. Even if we do, the world and season won't end.  
I think we come out and play well. We shall see. 

I don't think this is a game where we should really be considered favored that much outside of our 2 game hot streak. If we get the offense we saw the first 7 weeks we may end up looking bad and relying on our defense too much.

I think this is a game that could easily go either way just depending on how we perform.

Archived