Week 11 GDT: Titans @ Colts

Titans fan 617

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Which makes Kline's contract even more puzzling.  @ragevsuall17 Can we get out of his deal? We need to purge the inside of the O-line in my opinion. None of them need to stay. Move Kelly to an OG or if Conklin if need be. Anything to get the best 5 out there. 

The easy out is after next season... but while it's not exactly cheap, it is very doable.  (Unlike Butler, who's entire 2019 salary is guaranteed). 

The options are

• Keep him in 2018, pay him 5.75M, and take a 6.75 cap hit
  • Cut him and save 3.25M (3.5M dead hit comes from 1.5M in prorated SB and 2M in guaranteed salary for '19)

Man... what a crappy game that was.  We finally play a bad defense... and they hand our ***** to us. 

We knew getting back to back division road victories was going to be tough... and if I had to choose one to win, it would have been the Texans' game... but a loss like that... so freakin demoralizing.

How is it that with a new owner, a new GM, a new HC/OC... we continue to be the type of team that runs it on 1st every single freaking time.. even on 1st and freakin' 20?!?!  Mariota had a bad game... but got no assistance from anyone... especially LaFleur with that crappy game plan.  "2 starters in their already bad secondary are out?  We definitely need to run it down the middle on early downs!!"  One of my buds said its the ghost of Fisher haunting us still.  I'm one of the few Fish fans... but shoot, maybe he's right.  Somebody get AAS an egg to get a limpia going on the entire franchise. 

The defense was a joke too... no pressure on Luck whatsoever... guys running wideopen underneath... all 3 starting CBs with off games... I mean... WTF yo...

Murphy's Law like a mofo in this one...

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The easy out is after next season... but while it's not exactly cheap, it is very doable.  (Unlike Butler, who's entire 2019 salary is guaranteed). 

The options are

• Keep him in 2018, pay him 5.75M, and take a 6.75 cap hit
  • Cut him and save 3.25M (3.5M dead hit comes from 1.5M in prorated SB and 2M in guaranteed salary for '19)

I say he is worth the hit.  Cut it up as a lost. 

No QB will be as effective as they could be if the line isn't steady. 

3 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Man... what a crappy game that was.  We finally play a bad defense... and they hand our ***** to us. 

We knew getting back to back division road victories was going to be tough... and if I had to choose one to win, it would have been the Texans' game... but a loss like that... so freakin demoralizing.

How is it that with a new owner, a new GM, a new HC/OC... we continue to be the type of team that runs it on 1st every single freaking time.. even on 1st and freakin' 20?!?!  Mariota had a bad game... but got no assistance from anyone... especially LaFleur with that crappy game plan.  "2 starters in their already bad secondary are out?  We definitely need to run it down the middle on early downs!!"  One of my buds said its the ghost of Fisher haunting us still.  I'm one of the few Fish fans... but shoot, maybe he's right.  Somebody get AAS an egg to get a limpia going on the entire franchise. 

The defense was a joke too... no pressure on Luck whatsoever... guys running wideopen underneath... all 3 starting CBs with off games... I mean... WTF yo...

Murphy's Law like a mofo in this one...

You said it man. I could take losing one of these next two, but not getting beatdown. 
LaFluer might be gone period if he can't scheme up better than that, forget about another team taking him, he might be out the league.  
1st and 20 was bad a couple times. Marcus with a WUT? pass that was intercepted, trying to get it all back in one play and then the runs.  It would be one thing if we have been running the ball well all season, but we haven't consistently ran the ball well at all, yet we have this unreasonable desire to keep running it. 
Reid would start to do short passes to "run" the ball, but we take Lewis and run him into the weakest part of our team, the interior line. 

And you know, we talk about how we should have did better against one of the bottom rated defenses, but should we have? We have just as low ranking offense. I can see other teams saying how do you let the 30th ranked offense score 34 points on you. 

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also remember if we cut a player owing him & he’s picked up by another team we’re off the hook for whatever they sign him to. Kline & Butler has to go, yea it sucks they’re stealing money but it makes no sense to keep bad football players that cost you games. We’re well above the salary cap 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thing is the whole lotta them have been horrible at several points in the year... including Conklin.

We can't just blow the whole thing up in one offseason... maybe 2 need to be replaced... Kline and Jones... Kline and Spain... I dunno?

56 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And you know, we talk about how we should have did better against one of the bottom rated defenses, but should we have? We have just as low ranking offense. I can see other teams saying how do you let the 30th ranked offense score 34 points on you. 

That's correct... on the surface.  But we... well, me at least... I thought we had turned the corner after the bye.  Our offense looked like they had turned the corner... 10 TDs in 10 Q's against the Chargers (2nd half), Cowboys, and Pats.

55 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Also remember if we cut a player owing him & he’s picked up by another team we’re off the hook for whatever they sign him to. Kline & Butler has to go, yea it sucks they’re stealing money but it makes no sense to keep bad football players that cost you games. We’re well above the salary cap 

You're assuming there's offset language... and we don't know that. 

Regardless... it's not a big amount... if they want to move they can without much of anything.

Butler though... you're still not getting.  His entire salary for 2019 is guaranteed... not part of it (like the examples you had cited previously)... all of it.  Barring a trade, he's not going anywhere before the end of the 2019 season. 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Only good thing to come out of this game is Mariota's injury was just a stinger and Pees is gonna be ok.

Which leads me to believe one thing...

We blow out Houston in prime time only to lay another egg against the Jets the following week lol

Random thought:
We have been a team that has switched offensive focus several times in the last 3-4 years. We have a roster mixed and matched of skill sets.

We have a Smash Mouth RB in Henry. We have a couple of finesse and power linemen on offense. We have a QB that historically shown to the most effective in shotgun spread/fastbreak type offense. 

When you look at the two offenses tonight, you have a scheme that fits the talent, same for the Saints. We need to stick with something and fit towards that. 

Just more info....
About half the pressure on his dropbacks. I know we want a QB that can have nerves of steel in the pocket, but we saw what pressure did to Brady and they said the best way to Manning was always with pressure.
Mariota is no exception, especially with him not coming close to their level as a QB right now. 

Archived