Week 11 GDT: Titans @ Colts

Titans fan 617

44 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Our Oline gets zero push

The o-line had a great year once and then lived off the rep that they were a good unit.  It just isn't the case. The line has regressed and it starts with the inside guys.  
Robinson has to do something about it. It is so clear. The stats show it. 

The running game shows it. The QB play shows. The sack numbers show it. 
Mariota is on pace to get sacked more now than he did when he was with Whiz. 
If Amy and Robinson stay true to their word of protecting the QB then they must fix that.  
I also hope that Vrabel wasn't just doing lip service when he talked about shaking up the O-line. They are not playing well. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Random thought:
We have been a team that has switched offensive focus several times in the last 3-4 years. We have a roster mixed and matched of skill sets.

We have a Smash Mouth RB in Henry. We have a couple of finesse and power linemen on offense. We have a QB that historically shown to the most effective in shotgun spread/fastbreak type offense. 

When you look at the two offenses tonight, you have a scheme that fits the talent, same for the Saints. We need to stick with something and fit towards that. 

Henry is far from smash mouth he runs around people not through them 

While I still think Mariota played a very poor game, I think LaFleur should shoulder a lot of the blame as well. Marcus didn't do well with the opportunities he had, but LaFleurs insistence on running against teams who decide they want to stop the run is getting really old.

15 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Titans down to 4.8% drop percentage. Continuing the weekly approach to average after the two bad games against Buffalo and Phili.

Yes, the WR play has improved as far as catching the ball. 
Now we have an O-Line problem, that realistically has been there since week 1.

Blake Beddingfield was on local radio and painted the picture that made sense to me. 
He of course pointed to Kline and Jones. They are barely pushing 300 lbs. They don't have particularly good feet but they are effort players. They have to work REALLY hard to do their job. And he said Indy really attacked them. They have shown to struggle against the faster, athletic, longer players. 
Said Indy really put 4 DE's out there majority of the time and got after the Titans, more specifically Kline and Jones. Said those two will shine better against the more power players, but when it comes to the guys like we saw Sunday, we are going to lose more than we win. 
And it wasn't like Indy had some all-pro guys, but they were better than our guys.

This is what I saw too.

Marcus thinks he can escape the pocket too often and majority of the time he does, but when the defense has the players to stop it (Baltimore and Indy) it goes bad.  Marcus has another level of growth and that is to get rid of the ball faster.  maybe it will come with more comfort in the offense, but he is hesitating a second too long.

That second is the difference between Luck's success and ours.  Also you saw it last night with Goff/Mahommes, those quick seconds led to sacks/strip sacks. However, Marcus doesn't have the support and arm talent to lose those seconds. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Blake Beddingfield was on local radio and painted the picture that made sense to me. 
He of course pointed to Kline and Jones. They are barely pushing 300 lbs. They don't have particularly good feet but they are effort players. They have to work REALLY hard to do their job. And he said Indy really attacked them. They have shown to struggle against the faster, athletic, longer players. 
Said Indy really put 4 DE's out there majority of the time and got after the Titans, more specifically Kline and Jones. Said those two will shine better against the more power players, but when it comes to the guys like we saw Sunday, we are going to lose more than we win. 
And it wasn't like Indy had some all-pro guys, but they were better than our guys.

The exact same thing I’ve been saying 

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

The exact same thing I’ve been saying 

I hoped the scheme change would be the cure for Kline, but it isn't.  Beddingfield feels that Kline is really the 6th lineman on a good line. It showed. He played well for about an year and half early and has flamed out. Like a stereotypical backup would. 

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

We've had an OL problem for years, Mularkey just left 14 guys in to pass protect. Even after 2016 I wasn't against drafting an IOL. Figured it was best to stay ahead of the curve and didn't think Spain or Kline was someone you keep long term. After last year I thought the same about Jones and started to think Spain might be the better of the three of them, but he still has lapses in pass protection. I think Spain is a decent run-blocker though, but we cant ignore his pass pro.

Now Lewan and Conklin are both playing poorly on top of the interior guys. 

It hasn't been all ugly, but it hasn't been pretty either.

Archived