The Giants 2016 $200M Free Agency Splurge. Worth it!

Gmen

37 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Only Talib and Ward were seen as big spashes though. Ware wasn't even a free agent, Dallas cut him and we picked him up rather than sign a FA pass rusher so he wouldn't affect the compensatory draft pick formula. Sanders was signed a couple of weeks into FA as a bargain player. His career took off once he joined Denver.

So we're not asking who had the best free agency, when we say "who had the best splurge"...

We're asking: which top spender saw this much improvement in year 1? 

EDIT: Plus, I'm not sure "big splashes" should count. They got paid a lot, but Jenkins just had his best year as a CB. Harrison is a pure NT that doesn't offer a pass rush. Vernon gets pressures but was never a top tier pass rusher. These guys all got huge deals and are thus "big splashes", but it's not like the Broncos group was a worse group of players.

19 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

they should have never let Linval Joseph walk after the 2013 season.

I liked Linval.  He was very good for the Giants and appears to have continued that for the Vikings.

I like Harrison more. 

I think the Vernon signing was smart.  Always good to add talented pass rushers.  I think Harrison is seriously overpaid as he's only a run stuffer in a league where teams are passing 60% of the time now.  Jenkins is both overrated and overpaid IMO.  

49 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

they should have never let Linval Joseph walk after the 2013 season.

Thats a slippery slope. If they never let Linval Joseph walk then they never sign Snacks, then they never go 11-5 in 2016 and get bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Clearly letting Joseph walk was the right move :ph34r:

Archived