Rams vs Chiefs @ Mexico City/MNF (Super Bowll LIII Preview?)

RamPackFan

On 13/11/2018 at 8:57 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Wow reading what they’re saying on a couple of Chefs fan sites they sure are a cocky bunch of idiots. I’ve seen some arrogant groups on fan site but these guys take the cake, probably even worse than Eagles fans. From what I’m reading we should just forfeit because we have no chance and don’t deserve to even be on the same field as them.

It's frustating but i think they aren't too far from the reality. 

Right now, i put the Chiefs on the top of league. And by comparison to the Rams: 

• Chiefs Offense > Rams Offense

Their Offense is better than our offense. Even if Kupp was there, their offense is like unstoppable. No one can defend Hill or Kelce and they have Watkins, conley and all. 

The only way the Chiefs offense will be stoppable is the pass rush on the edge and if Hill or Kelce are hurt. 

I don't think our defense can defend the running game and the passing game. We have too much weakness to defend against a team like that. 

And the only way we will win the game is by running the clock at the start of the game. We can't keep the rythm against their offense.

• Chiefs Defense > Rams Defense

Everyone said the Chiefs defense is one the worst in the league but their defense is very underrated. Their pass rush is very good and they can create turnover. They have a defense capable of putting pressure on Goff and stopping the running game. 

You can say whatever on our defense, but it's not really good. 

• Rams ST > Chiefs ST

But i don't think it really matter here unless we can block a kick or a punt. 

So yeah for me, we are gonna lose this game and i can't see why the book put us as favorite...i will put my money on the Chiefs for this one. 

5 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Right now, i put the Chiefs on the top of league. And by comparison to the Rams: 

Their Offense is better than our offense. Even if Kupp was there, their offense is like unstoppable. No one can defend Hill or Kelce and they have Watkins, conley and all. 

The only way the Chiefs offense will be stoppable is the pass rush on the edge and if Hill or Kelce are hurt. 

I don't think our defense can defend the running game and the passing game. We have too much weakness to defend against a team like that. 

And the only way we will win the game is by running the clock at the start of the game. We can't keep the rythm against their offense.

Everyone said the Chiefs defense is one the worst in the league but their defense is very underrated. Their pass rush is very good and they can create turnover. They have a defense capable of putting pressure on Goff and stopping the running game. 

• Rams ST > Chiefs ST

So yeah for me, we are gonna lose this game and i can't see why the book put us as favorite...i will put my money on the Chiefs for this one. 

I agree with all of this. I think the Chiefs are a better team than us sadly. But we have home field, the emotional support and back story with it coming back the Coliseum and the fires. It's going to be close. I don't think we should be 3.5pt favorites. Too much -1 max or pick em.

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I agree with all of this. I think the Chiefs are a better team than us sadly. But we have home field, the emotional support and back story with it coming back the Coliseum and the fires. It's going to be close. I don't think we should be 3.5pt favorites. Too much -1 max or pick em.

The chiefs D has benefited playing some bs QB's.. Just look at what Brady did to them. 

I agree though that i'm scared of this game, It doesn't feel like we're the best team of the NFL. Most likely due to 

our arse cheeks Defense. But we've played a gaunlet this last week, And our offense cannot be stopped no matter what. 
I fully expect Goff and Mcvay to dial it up. Could we sack and pick off mahomes? Could Marcus actually show up and earn a game check?

Idk.. But we're such a better team at home. Goff has 14 TD's to 2 INT at home. 

Got it you guys want to forfeit the game against a defense that gives up as many ypc as us and let Blake freaking Bortles throw for 430 yards. Hell the Cards scored 14 vs them. They’ve got a great offense, so do we. They’ve got issues on defense, so do we. I expect a good game Monday night.

14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Got it you guys want to forfeit the game against a defense that gives up as many ypc as us and let Blake freaking Bortles throw for 430 yards. Hell the Cards scored 14 vs them. They’ve got a great offense, so do we. They’ve got issues on defense, so do we. I expect a good game Monday night.

Because I think the spread is a little high you assume I think we should forfeit lol a little dramatic. It should be a great game, I'm just not confident is all. I hope it's close because theyre hyping the hell out of this game so if we get smoked on MNF the media will call us frauds and still another year away. Cowherd said this good be the best MNF game in a decade lol

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Unfortunately, the home field advantage is not as good as it is. We saw that against the Packers, the support on the stadium is not great. 

When we played at home it feels like we're playing in a neutral site. 

The only advantage is the weather. 

14 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Last week game against the Cardinals was a must see if you want to see how Mahomes was in pressure against the Cardinals pass rush. It was like the only time in this season that i saw so much pressure against Mahomes. Hope Wade is putting this film on the session room ! 

But The Chiefs defense concede a lot of yards when the game doesn't matter anymore mostly on the 2 nd half. And they are very strong in the 3rd down stop. 

For me i see a game like the SAints game... 

32 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I don't think so. Did you watch their games this year ? 

They're giving up more yards(~55 yards more per game) and points per game (~1 more point per game). They haven't played a tougher schedule. They've played a worse slate of QBs. How is their defense not worse than ours?

57 minutes ago, Flounch said:

I don't think so. Did you watch their games this year ? 

I agree that the Chiefs defense is worst than the Rams. For starters, they are making every running back look like Gurley when the opponent run the zone and stretch running plays. Thats not me exaggerating, thats a fact. The Chiefs allow a 57% positive play rate on zone and stretch runs to their opponents. Thats by far the worst than every other team and its not even close. Secondly, the Chiefs are horrible against pass catching backs. Surprisingly, the Rams are great against pass catching backs. Outside of Kamara, the Rams have done a nice job against pass catching backs. The Chiefs just easily allowed DJ to have his best game of the season. When the Rams played DJ, he did NOTHING. 

I think the reason why people think the Chiefs defense is better because they have looked GREAT at home. Its tough to play in Arrowhead stadium no matter what season it is. Away from Arrowhead this season, the Chargers found success on offense. They couldve had even more success if the Chargers receivers werent dropping so many passes. The Steelers found success despite not having Bell and Conner being non-existent in the running game. The Broncos found success and actually led in the 4th quarter and couldve won had Keenum not missed a wide open DT streaking down the field late in the game. The Pats carved the Chiefs defense up and won the game on the final drive when the Chiefs couldnt get off the field. Even the Browns found success. Mayfield nearly had 300yds passing in that game and kept it close for awhile. Thats away from Arrowhead and they are once again going to be away from Arrowhead in this game.

Then we think about the games they played at Arrowhead where they looked good on defense. They still let Bortles throw for over 400yds and if he wasnt such a turnover machine the Jags wouldve scored more points. Stats say when a team have at least 400yds of offense they tend to score on average 36pts. The Chiefs was just fortunate they faced Bortles same can be said about the Redskins who played Fitzpatrick in a similar situation. Its safe to say that if the Chiefs allow the Rams to have over 400yds of offense the Rams wont come away with 14pts like the Jags did or 3pts like the Bucs did. The Niners scored 27pts at Arrowhead and just recently, DJ exploded and kept the Cards in the game for most of that game. So really the Chiefs defense isnt better than the Rams. They are worst statistically and the fact that they faced Bortles, Rosen, Mayfield, and Keenum twice and still didnt hasnt look great. At best they look OK. The Rams on the other hand had to face ARod, Wilson twice, Brees, Cousins, and Rivers. 

7 hours ago, Flounch said:

• Rams ST > Chiefs ST

Rams and Chiefs offense is a stalemate. Goff at home has been just as good as Mahomes has been on the road. Goff at home is completing 72% of his passes, averaging 357yds passing, 2.8 tds to .4 ints. Mahomes on the road is completing 66% of his passes, averaging 326yds passing, 3.8 total tds (I added his rushing tds as well) to .6 ints.

Rams defense is better than the Chiefs. The reason why is because not only can they generate consistent pressure which is key to slowing down Mahomes, but the Rams have the one guy on defense that I feel great about coming up with that one play that need to be made to be the difference in the game. That guy is Donald. The Chiefs dont have that guy. It wont shock me that when the game is over, we will be talking about Donald making that key play. It could a sack, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, or just simple a pressure that forces Mahomes to make a mistake. Both defenses wont be able to stop the offenses, but the Rams have the guy that is more clutch on that side of the ball. Donald cant be blocked and the weakness of the Chiefs is their oline. So thats why I give the Rams defense a big edge.

Special teams is the Rams. I truly believe this game could come down to special teams. If people want to say this game will be similar to the Saints game. Ill say that the special teams let the Rams down in that game. Im confidently going to say that wont be the case in this game. The Rams special teams is going to shine in this game. 

Overall I think the Rams should be favorite in this game because unlike last season, the Rams are not only winning at home, but the offense looks great at home. Last season at home the Rams offense struggled, just thinking about Week 2 against the Redskins, Week 5 against the Seahawks, the playoff game against the Falcons just to name games off the top of my head. Goff at home is scary good and we know Gurley is GREAT no matter where the game is played. The only things that have slowed Gurley down this season is less touches when he is on the field, being taken off the field in favor of Brown, or the stuff getting into his eyes from the turf in the dome in New Orleans. I think the Chiefs inability to stop the run even worst than the Rams and the fact that they are awful stopping pass catching backs, Gurley is going to get fed the ball on the ground and through the air. If the Chiefs sell out, Goff is going to torch them down the field. I think this game could be a statement game for the Rams to say, any doubts about them need to quickly go away. They know after this game they get a BYE then right after the BYE they will be getting back Talib which is just as important as the Chargers getting Bosa back.

27 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I think the Chiefs inability to stop the run even worst than the Rams and the fact that they are awful stopping pass catching backs, Gurley is going to get fed the ball on the ground and through the air.

This is an important point. The Chiefs are actually the worst team in the NFL at defending HBs. If you'd like to see how bad:

David Johnson - 28 touches, 183 YFS, and 2 TDs

Chubb/Duke Johnson - 33 touches, 176 YFS, and 3 TDs

Lindsay/Booker - 34 touches, 213 YFS, and 1 TD

Mixon/Walton - 20 touches, 61 YFS, and 0 TDs

Michel/White/Barner - 38 touches, 214 YFS, and 2 TDs

Yeldon - 18 touches, 122 YFS, and 1 TD

Lindsay/Freeman/Booker - 24 touches, 160 YFS, and 2 TDs

Breida/Morris - 27 touches, 184 YFS, and 1 TD

Conner - 13 touches, 65 YFS, and 1 TD

Gordon/Ekeler -  33 touches, 292 YFS, and 1 TD

Basically, they've gotten torched by everyone but Steelers and Bengals. 

With all the fires and the first responders there, I could really see the Coliseum being electric. Our boys are gonna be amped for this game. Not to mention they have been training in the hyperbolic time chamber all week. 

I'm feeling really confident.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

They're giving up more yards(~55 yards more per game) and points per game (~1 more point per game). They haven't played a tougher schedule. They've played a worse slate of QBs. How is their defense not worse than ours?

Their schedule is a tough as our. They played the Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars when the defense was still solid, Patriots and the Bengals when the dynamic was good. 

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree that the Chiefs defense is worst than the Rams. For starters, they are making every running back look like Gurley when the opponent run the zone and stretch running plays. Thats not me exaggerating, thats a fact. The Chiefs allow a 57% positive play rate on zone and stretch runs to their opponents. Thats by far the worst than every other team and its not even close. Secondly, the Chiefs are horrible against pass catching backs. Surprisingly, the Rams are great against pass catching backs. Outside of Kamara, the Rams have done a nice job against pass catching backs. The Chiefs just easily allowed DJ to have his best game of the season. When the Rams played DJ, he did NOTHING. 

I think the reason why people think the Chiefs defense is better because they have looked GREAT at home. Its tough to play in Arrowhead stadium no matter what season it is. Away from Arrowhead this season, the Chargers found success on offense. They couldve had even more success if the Chargers receivers werent dropping so many passes. The Steelers found success despite not having Bell and Conner being non-existent in the running game. The Broncos found success and actually led in the 4th quarter and couldve won had Keenum not missed a wide open DT streaking down the field late in the game. The Pats carved the Chiefs defense up and won the game on the final drive when the Chiefs couldnt get off the field. Even the Browns found success. Mayfield nearly had 300yds passing in that game and kept it close for awhile. Thats away from Arrowhead and they are once again going to be away from Arrowhead in this game.

Then we think about the games they played at Arrowhead where they looked good on defense. They still let Bortles throw for over 400yds and if he wasnt such a turnover machine the Jags wouldve scored more points. Stats say when a team have at least 400yds of offense they tend to score on average 36pts. The Chiefs was just fortunate they faced Bortles same can be said about the Redskins who played Fitzpatrick in a similar situation. Its safe to say that if the Chiefs allow the Rams to have over 400yds of offense the Rams wont come away with 14pts like the Jags did or 3pts like the Bucs did. The Niners scored 27pts at Arrowhead and just recently, DJ exploded and kept the Cards in the game for most of that game. So really the Chiefs defense isnt better than the Rams. They are worst statistically and the fact that they faced Bortles, Rosen, Mayfield, and Keenum twice and still didnt hasnt look great. At best they look OK. The Rams on the other hand had to face ARod, Wilson twice, Brees, Cousins, and Rivers. 

1) The Cardinals just changed their HC and OC and they made a point to utilize DJ as the focal point of the Offense. When we played against them, it was against Bradford and that was ugly. So that's not really a point to discuss whether Chiefs can stop the running back or not. Maybe we did a nice job against the pass catching back but can we stop the running game ? No

2) You keep saying Bortles throw +400 yads offense and their defense is trash. Ok, but how many points did the Chiefs concede ? 0 PTS in the 1 Half Time !! It was 20-0 for the Chiefs at this point. So yeah, Bortles commit turnover but the game was almost over at the 1st half, so welcome garbage time and stats padding in 2nd half. 

You want to talk about the games against the Niners ? They scored 27 pts at the end of the game but how many point did they score in the 1st half ? 10 PTS and guess what, the Chiefs were leading by 35 PTS !! So yeah again, the game was pretty much over at this point. Welcome Garbage time and stats padding in the 2nd Half. 

Against the Steelers, they lead 21-0 at the end of the 1st QT. Then the defense let go 21 pts at the 2nd QT. But again, they did their job in the 2nd Half when it mattered, they conceded 17 pts with a TD late in the game when they were already winning the game by 12 pts in the 4th QT. 

I mean in every game except maybe 1 or 2 games (Patriots, Broncos), they concede yards and points when they are leading by several points and the game was already over.  

So yes when you only saw the stats, you can say their defense looked bad, but you have to analyse the context of the game. That's why i asked if you were watching the game because when you watch the game, their defense is not as bad as the stats said. 

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Rams and Chiefs offense is a stalemate. Goff at home has been just as good as Mahomes has been on the road. Goff at home is completing 72% of his passes, averaging 357yds passing, 2.8 tds to .4 ints. Mahomes on the road is completing 66% of his passes, averaging 326yds passing, 3.8 total tds (I added his rushing tds as well) to .6 ints.

Rams defense is better than the Chiefs. The reason why is because not only can they generate consistent pressure which is key to slowing down Mahomes, but the Rams have the one guy on defense that I feel great about coming up with that one play that need to be made to be the difference in the game. That guy is Donald. The Chiefs dont have that guy. It wont shock me that when the game is over, we will be talking about Donald making that key play. It could a sack, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, or just simple a pressure that forces Mahomes to make a mistake. Both defenses wont be able to stop the offenses, but the Rams have the guy that is more clutch on that side of the ball. Donald cant be blocked and the weakness of the Chiefs is their oline. So thats why I give the Rams defense a big edge.

Special teams is the Rams. I truly believe this game could come down to special teams. If people want to say this game will be similar to the Saints game. Ill say that the special teams let the Rams down in that game. Im confidently going to say that wont be the case in this game. The Rams special teams is going to shine in this game. 

Overall I think the Rams should be favorite in this game because unlike last season, the Rams are not only winning at home, but the offense looks great at home. Last season at home the Rams offense struggled, just thinking about Week 2 against the Redskins, Week 5 against the Seahawks, the playoff game against the Falcons just to name games off the top of my head. Goff at home is scary good and we know Gurley is GREAT no matter where the game is played. The only things that have slowed Gurley down this season is less touches when he is on the field, being taken off the field in favor of Brown, or the stuff getting into his eyes from the turf in the dome in New Orleans. I think the Chiefs inability to stop the run even worst than the Rams and the fact that they are awful stopping pass catching backs, Gurley is going to get fed the ball on the ground and through the air. If the Chiefs sell out, Goff is going to torch them down the field. I think this game could be a statement game for the Rams to say, any doubts about them need to quickly go away. They know after this game they get a BYE then right after the BYE they will be getting back Talib which is just as important as the Chargers getting Bosa back.

Can the Rams generate consistent pressure ? Well what can you tell about our pass rush against Brees ? Was it good or bad ? 

In my opinion, our pass rush is not great, above average at best. Mahomes is one of the toughest guy to sack in this league, i saw a lot of Chiefs games this season and it's incredible how he escaped the pass rush and always find someone open when he scrambled. He's better than every QB right now. 

The only time, i saw him in difficult situation was last week against the Cardinals. I mean in this game he was pressure a lot and Chandler Jones was a Beast ! The whole defensive line put pressure on him and it was a very good defensive performance on the Cards defense. I mean no defense gave a much challenge than the Cards this season. 

I really don't think we can do what the Cardinals defense did to them. We have Donald but that's about it. Our secondary is not as good as them  and their receveur will be open very quick. And except Donald who is disruptive, no one is there on the edge. We will see if Fowler can be that guy..

But overall, i will bet you whatever than the Chiefs defense will have more stop than our defense. 

Archived