Rams vs Chiefs @ Mexico City/MNF (Super Bowll LIII Preview?)

RamPackFan

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Their schedule is a tough as our. They played the Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars when the defense was still solid, Patriots and the Bengals when the dynamic was good. 

1) The Cardinals just changed their HC and OC and they made a point to utilize DJ as the focal point of the Offense. When we played against them, it was against Bradford and that was ugly. So that's not really a point to discuss whether Chiefs can stop the running back or not. Maybe we did a nice job against the pass catching back but can we stop the running game ? No

2) You keep saying Bortles throw +400 yads offense and their defense is trash. Ok, but how many points did the Chiefs concede ? 0 PTS in the 1 Half Time !! It was 20-0 for the Chiefs at this point. So yeah, Bortles commit turnover but the game was almost over at the 1st half, so welcome garbage time and stats padding in 2nd half. 

You want to talk about the games against the Niners ? They scored 27 pts at the end of the game but how many point did they score in the 1st half ? 10 PTS and guess what, the Chiefs were leading by 35 PTS !! So yeah again, the game was pretty much over at this point. Welcome Garbage time and stats padding in the 2nd Half. 

Against the Steelers, they lead 21-0 at the end of the 1st QT. Then the defense let go 21 pts at the 2nd QT. But again, they did their job in the 2nd Half when it mattered, they conceded 17 pts with a TD late in the game when they were already winning the game by 12 pts in the 4th QT. 

I mean in every game except maybe 1 or 2 games (Patriots, Broncos), they concede yards and points when they are leading by several points and the game was already over.  

So yes when you only saw the stats, you can say their defense looked bad, but you have to analyse the context of the game. That's why i asked if you were watching the game because when you watch the game, their defense is not as bad as the stats said. 

Can the Rams generate consistent pressure ? Well what can you tell about our pass rush against Brees ? Was it good or bad ? 

In my opinion, our pass rush is not great, above average at best. Mahomes is one of the toughest guy to sack in this league, i saw a lot of Chiefs games this season and it's incredible how he escaped the pass rush and always find someone open when he scrambled. He's better than every QB right now. 

The only time, i saw him in difficult situation was last week against the Cardinals. I mean in this game he was pressure a lot and Chandler Jones was a Beast ! The whole defensive line put pressure on him and it was a very good defensive performance on the Cards defense. I mean no defense gave a much challenge than the Cards this season. 

I really don't think we can do what the Cardinals defense did to them. We have Donald but that's about it. Our secondary is not as good as them  and their receveur will be open very quick. And except Donald who is disruptive, no one is there on the edge. We will see if Fowler can be that guy..

But overall, i will bet you whatever than the Chiefs defense will have more stop than our defense. 

If you say the Jaguars and Bengals are tough. The Jaguars are a joke. The defense lost all confidence because they are being held back by Bortles and they know they basically have to hold their opponent to 10pts or less to have a shot. The same team that gave up 40pts to a Cowboys offense BEFORE they got Cooper. The Bengals defense arent good and they are too inconsistent so we dont know what Bengals team will show up weekly. Ill give you the Chargers, Patriots, and even Steelers. Although in the Steelers case, they were still heavily dealing with the Bell situation because he didnt show up Week 1 and everyone was upset and distracted. Big Ben and AB was on the same page at the time and remember after that game AB didnt show up to practice. So the Chiefs caught the Steelers with all that mess going on.

I only mentioned the stats with the Jaguars because again when a team has over 400yds of total offense that team usually scores 36pts in that game. You think the Rams only going to score 14pts if they rack up 400yds of offense? No. Bortles self destructed. He just isnt a good QB. 

The Rams do have the best consistent pass rush in the NFL. Thats not my opinion thats a fact. The Rams are 1st in the NFL in pressure rate. Now if you are looking at sacks, then thats a different story. The Rams arent finishing like they should but in terms of generating a consistent pass rush, they are pressuring the QB at a very high rate. The Chiefs oline isnt good. Suh and Donald is going to take care of the interior and we brought in Fowler to take care of the edge. So far Fowler impact is being felt. He started to pressure Brees in the 2nd half of the Saints game and that allowed the Rams to make stops to storm back and tie that ball game up. He also had that strip sack fumble against Wilson last week which allowed the Rams to get back on offense and score to go up by 12pts.

Again Im not saying the Rams are going to shutdown the Chiefs BUT if you are asking me which defense I think will be clutch I think its the Rams. The Chiefs could very well have more stops than the Rams defense. Its still going to come down to a tight game in the 4th quarter. When that happens Im willing to bet you anything that the Rams will have that clutch stop in the 4th quarter when they have to have it. Why? Because we have seen that movie over and over again and the star of that movie is Donald. You know it and I know it. When the Rams defense has to make a clutch stop in the 4th quarter they make it and the majority of the time Donald usually do it. Not to mention this a true revenge game for Peters. I know people are going to say Watkins too BUT he was on the Rams for a New York minute. Peters was drafted by the organization and was there for most of his rookie contract. They traded him away because they felt like they couldnt have him as one of their centerpieces on defense moving forward. I think he is going to come in that game with a HUGE chip on his shoulder to show the Chiefs they made the wrong decision to trade him and I think he gets an interception off Mahomes. As great as Mahomes has played, people forget his tendencies that he has to try things that leads to a turnover. Yes he started the first 4 games without an interception. He went the next 5 games with at least an interception in each game. Last week he didnt have an interception. So I think he throws at least one interception in this game and it wouldnt shock me if Peters is the one that picks him off and dare I say its a pick 6? I dont know but I believe Mahomes will throw at least one interception in this game trying to make a throw. On the flip side, Goff only has two interceptions thrown at home. Both came back in Week 2 and 3 against the Cards and Chargers. So take that for what its worth. 

16 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

If you say the Jaguars and Bengals are tough. The Jaguars are a joke. The defense lost all confidence because they are being held back by Bortles and they know they basically have to hold their opponent to 10pts or less to have a shot. The same team that gave up 40pts to a Cowboys offense BEFORE they got Cooper. The Bengals defense arent good and they are too inconsistent so we dont know what Bengals team will show up weekly. Ill give you the Chargers, Patriots, and even Steelers. Although in the Steelers case, they were still heavily dealing with the Bell situation because he didnt show up Week 1 and everyone was upset and distracted. Big Ben and AB was on the same page at the time and remember after that game AB didnt show up to practice. So the Chiefs caught the Steelers with all that mess going on.

I only mentioned the stats with the Jaguars because again when a team has over 400yds of total offense that team usually scores 36pts in that game. You think the Rams only going to score 14pts if they rack up 400yds of offense? No. Bortles self destructed. He just isnt a good QB. 

The Rams do have the best consistent pass rush in the NFL. Thats not my opinion thats a fact. The Rams are 1st in the NFL in pressure rate. Now if you are looking at sacks, then thats a different story. The Rams arent finishing like they should but in terms of generating a consistent pass rush, they are pressuring the QB at a very high rate. The Chiefs oline isnt good. Suh and Donald is going to take care of the interior and we brought in Fowler to take care of the edge. So far Fowler impact is being felt. He started to pressure Brees in the 2nd half of the Saints game and that allowed the Rams to make stops to storm back and tie that ball game up. He also had that strip sack fumble against Wilson last week which allowed the Rams to get back on offense and score to go up by 12pts.

Again Im not saying the Rams are going to shutdown the Chiefs BUT if you are asking me which defense I think will be clutch I think its the Rams. The Chiefs could very well have more stops than the Rams defense. Its still going to come down to a tight game in the 4th quarter. When that happens Im willing to bet you anything that the Rams will have that clutch stop in the 4th quarter when they have to have it. Why? Because we have seen that movie over and over again and the star of that movie is Donald. You know it and I know it. When the Rams defense has to make a clutch stop in the 4th quarter they make it and the majority of the time Donald usually do it. Not to mention this a true revenge game for Peters. I know people are going to say Watkins too BUT he was on the Rams for a New York minute. Peters was drafted by the organization and was there for most of his rookie contract. They traded him away because they felt like they couldnt have him as one of their centerpieces on defense moving forward. I think he is going to come in that game with a HUGE chip on his shoulder to show the Chiefs they made the wrong decision to trade him and I think he gets an interception off Mahomes. As great as Mahomes has played, people forget his tendencies that he has to try things that leads to a turnover. Yes he started the first 4 games without an interception. He went the next 5 games with at least an interception in each game. Last week he didnt have an interception. So I think he throws at least one interception in this game and it wouldnt shock me if Peters is the one that picks him off and dare I say its a pick 6? I dont know but I believe Mahomes will throw at least one interception in this game trying to make a throw. On the flip side, Goff only has two interceptions thrown at home. Both came back in Week 2 and 3 against the Cards and Chargers. So take that for what its worth. 

The Jaguars were no joke before playing the Chiefs in week 5. The offense wasn't great but they were 3-1 and they beat the Patriots holding them to 20 pts. They started to cramble after being destroyed by the Chiefs. 

Bengals were 4-2 and their offense gets shut down by the Chiefs defense, it was pretty impressive.

How many times i read " hey their Oline isn't very good, our dline will eat them" and when the game is over, it was an above performance by the dline ?  Having Pressure is fine but when you can't finish tackle or get sacks, you done half the job. We can put pressure on Mahomes all we want but if he's able to complete pass or escaped in the pocket, it's useless. 

And where was the defense in the 4th quarter against the SAints when it was clutch time ?

And i'm pretty sure, if Rodgers had the chance to get that last drive, he would have been able to get at least to the FG range. 

Also, i don't think Peters will redeem himself. He will get smoked by Hill, Watkins or Conley. I don't buy the revenge game performance. Last week Donald and co said they will improve the run defense and guess what ? We allowed 273 rushhing yards against the Hawks. 

But maybe i'm wrong, i'm not a pyschic, maybe the Rams defense will step up like never before but i strongly doubt it. 

The Jaguars were no joke before playing the Chiefs in week 5. The offense wasn't great but they were 3-1 and they beat the Patriots holding them to 20 pts. They started to cramble after being destroyed by the Chiefs. 

Bengals were 4-2 and their offense gets shut down by the Chiefs defense, it was pretty impressive.

How many times i read " hey their Oline isn't very good, our dline will eat them" and when the game is over, it was an above performance by the dline ?  Having Pressure is fine but when you can't finish tackle or get sacks, you done half the job. We can put pressure on Mahomes all we want but if he's able to complete pass or escaped in the pocket, it's useless. 

And where was the defense in the 4th quarter against the SAints when it was clutch time ?

And i'm pretty sure, if Rodgers had the chance to get that last drive, he would have been able to get at least to the FG range. 

Also, i don't think Peters will redeem himself. He will get smoked by Hill, Watkins or Conley. I don't buy the revenge game performance. Last week Donald and co said they will improve the run defense and guess what ? We allowed 273 rushhing yards against the Hawks. 

But maybe i'm wrong, i'm not a pyschic, maybe the Rams defense will step up like never before but i strongly doubt it. 

As Jrry pointed out their defense is no better than ours! They're 25th in rush defense we're 26th. With 5.2 ypc vs 5.1 ypc. They just got torched by the Browns and gave up David Johnson's first good game of the year. I know it's cool to hate on the Rams but be honest about the competition at least.

5 hours ago, Flounch said:

Thats stretching it a bit to say the Jaguars were no joke. Two of their three wins came against the Giants and Jets. Both teams are terrible. So one could say they were frauds at 3-1. The media hype them up because of their defense BUT Stephen A. Smith said it best, the defense know they cant win with Bortles at QB and as soon as the opposing team go up by two scores its over. The defense know they cant win the game when they trail by even 9pts because they have no confidence in Bortles bringing them back. As for the Bengals, they are too inconsistent for me to believe they are that good. They arent as good as the Chargers, Saints, Vikings, and Packers. I even think the Seahawks are better than the Bengals. You can run on the Bengals as we saw the Saints do it and we saw the Steelers do it just to name a few. The Seahawks would just line up and run it down their throats.

The Chiefs oline isnt good so thats not what you keep hearing its a fact. The reason why the Rams didnt get to sack Brees is because he gets the ball out so quickly. Mahomes has more of a tendency to hold the ball a little bit too long trying to make a play. Now he gets away with it more times than not but I put my confidence in Donald to do to Mahomes what he does to another QB (Wilson) who likes to run around trying to make plays. 

With Peters I believe he will also make plays in this game. This is a big game for him personally whether his is playing it off that way or not. He knows Mahomes well because he practiced against him all last season when he was on defense and Mahomes was the practice squad QB. Mahomes also knows Peters too. So its going to be a good battle between the two. Its not going to just be one sided.

The fun thing is that we both will see all this play out on Monday. I cant wait. 

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

Their schedule is a tough as our. They played the Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars when the defense was still solid, Patriots and the Bengals when the dynamic was good. 

Nope. The Jaguars and Bengals both have losing records. 

EDIT: Whoops, I thought the Bengals were 4-5. My mistake, they're 5-4.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nope. The Jaguars and Bengals both have losing records. 

No the Jaguars were 3-1 and the Bengals were 4-2. 

And if you want to talk about team we played that had losing record when we played them Hawks *2, Cards, Niners, Broncos and losing record right now Raiders, Packers...

9 minutes ago, Flounch said:

No the Jaguars were 3-1 and the Bengals were 4-2. 

And if you want to talk about team we played that had losing record Hawks *2, Cards, Niners, Broncos; Raiders...

No, the Jaguars are 3-6. I actually made a mistake with the Bengals. They're 5-4, so they do have a winning record (I thought they were 4-5). The Hawks are 5-5, so they don't have a losing record. The Chiefs have also played the Cards, Niners, and Broncos (x2). They played the Browns as well. Feel free to compare our schedules side by side:

1. NO - NE

2. SD - SD

3. Min - Pit

4. SEA - Cin

5. SEA - Den

6. Den - Den

7. GB - Jax

8. SF - SF

9. Oak - Cle

10. ARI - ARI

There's not a strong argument that they played a tougher schedule. And if forced to choose, I'd rather have played their schedule.

I think you don't understand.

At the time they were playing the Jaguars in week 4, they were at 3-1 and the same against the Bengals. 

Well, you're wrong. I understand just fine. I don't care. The Jaguars are 3-6. They don't get bonus points for starting 3-1. The Rams started 3-1 in Fisher's last year. That doesn't mean we were a good team.

Archived