Rams vs Chiefs @ Mexico City/MNF (Super Bowll LIII Preview?)

RamPackFan

The Jags at 3-1 was just as real as the Rams being 3-1 in 2016 under Fisher. The only noticeable win the Jags had was against the Pats at home. Outside of that nobody should be giving them credit for beating the Giants and Jets during that 3-1 start. Then if you are going to give the Jags credit for beating the Pats at home, we look at the Pats and say how in the world they lose to a bad Lions team around that time too on the road? So the Pats wasnt playing all that great at the time.

Point is, I agree the Chiefs schedule is weaker than the Rams. Take out those two close losses from the Seahawks at the hands of the Rams, the Seahawks would have a good record right now. Even if you took those two losses from the Broncos at the hands of the Chiefs AND you took away the loss at the hands of the Rams, the Broncos still wouldnt have more wins than losses. The same Broncos team that made Crowell and Powell look like HOF backs in the same game. 

I think Jrry did an unjustice to compare the Jags to the Packers. The Packers have a top tier QB who was coming off a BYE so not only was he getting healthy but the team as well and they was well prepared. It showed in the 1st half. So in essence the Packers played the Rams at the right time and thats right off a BYE that they desperately needed due to how banged up they was. The only thing I can think of is Cleveland being a better opponent to the Chiefs than the Raiders was to the Rams.

Also lets not forget too the adversity the Rams had to over come with the schedule. They played Week 1 at Oakland basically using the 1st half as their preseason. They came into Week 2 against the Cards with their All-Pro KR/PR Cooper OUT and their All-Pro K Zeurlein OUT right before kickoff. They literally had no special teams and thus had to go for it on 4th downs and go for 2pc for most of the game. If it was a closer game it couldve really been interesting but the Rams shut everything down. In other words, if the Cards played the Rams Week 2 like they did the Chiefs Week 10 the Rams couldve been in trouble being very limited in the special teams unit that day. Week 3 the Rams lost both Talib and Peters against the high--powered Chargers offense. Then turn around on a short week against the high-powered Vikings offense with Talib OUT and uncertainty of Peters but he still played way less than 100%. Then the Rams started a 3 game road trip where they played in Seattle (rainy) without Kupp and Cooks in the 2nd half of a tight game THEN the next week they went to Denver (snowy) and loss Kupp to the MCL for most of that game. They went to SF without Kupp still. They managed to go 3-0 on that road trip which is hard to do. Last to team to go unbeaten on a 3 game road trip was the 2014 Bengals. Not even the AFC Superbowl representative in 2014 (Broncos) went 3-0 on their 3 game road trip. They beat the Pats, they beat the Raiders, but lost the the 6-10 St. Louis Rams on the road. So thats a hard feat that nobody is giving the Rams credit for because it was Seattle, Denver, and San Fran. Then the Rams had to face a rested and well-prepared Packers team off their BYE before going to New Orleans to play the Saints then playing the Seahawks again. So yes the Rams schedule is harder and they had so much to deal with along the way just to get to 9-1.

49 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Well, you're wrong. I understand just fine. I don't care. The Jaguars are 3-6. They don't get bonus points for starting 3-1. The Rams started 3-1 in Fisher's last year. That doesn't mean we were a good team.

Using your argument then if i sum up the current record right now, less the thursday game between Hawks and Packers :

Rams Record       Chiefs Record    
REGULAR SEASON W L T   REGULAR SEASON W L T
@ Raiders W 33-13 1 8 0   @ Chargers W 38-28 7 2 0
vs Cardinals W 34-0 2 7 0   @ Steelers W 42-37 6 2 1
vs Chargers W 35-23 7 2 0   vs 49ers W 38-27 2 8 0
vs Vikings W 38-31 5 3 1   @ Broncos W 27-23 3 6 1
@ Seahawks W 33-31 4 5 0   vs Jaguars W 30-14 3 6 0
@ Broncos W 23-20 3 6 1   @ Patriots L 43-40 7 3 0
@ 49ers W 39-10 2 8 0   vs Bengals W 45-10 5 4 0
vs Packers W 29-27 4 4 1   vs Broncos W 30-23 3 6 0
@ Saints L 45-35 8 1 0   @ Browns W 37-21 3 6 1
vs Seahawks W 36-31 4 5 0   vs Cardinals W 26-14 2 7 0
Total 40 49 3   Total 41 50 3

1 hour ago, Flounch said:

Using your argument then if i sum up the current record right now, less the thursday game between Hawks and Packers :

Rams Record       Chiefs Record    
REGULAR SEASON W L T   REGULAR SEASON W L T
@ Raiders W 33-13 1 8 0   @ Chargers W 38-28 7 2 0
vs Cardinals W 34-0 2 7 0   @ Steelers W 42-37 6 2 1
vs Chargers W 35-23 7 2 0   vs 49ers W 38-27 2 8 0
vs Vikings W 38-31 5 3 1   @ Broncos W 27-23 3 6 1
@ Seahawks W 33-31 4 5 0   vs Jaguars W 30-14 3 6 0
@ Broncos W 23-20 3 6 1   @ Patriots L 43-40 7 3 0
@ 49ers W 39-10 2 8 0   vs Bengals W 45-10 5 4 0
vs Packers W 29-27 4 4 1   vs Broncos W 30-23 3 6 0
@ Saints L 45-35 8 1 0   @ Browns W 37-21 3 6 1
vs Seahawks W 36-31 4 5 0   vs Cardinals W 26-14 2 7 0
Total 40 49 3   Total 41 50 3

LOL. You don't get to remove the Thursday night game. That puts us at 42-50 and KC at 41-50. Don't cherry pick.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. You don't get to remove the Thursday night game. That puts us at 42-50 and KC at 41-50. Don't cherry pick.

I remove the thurday game because the other team didn't play. But even if you put the thurday game, that's pretty even...so no, our schedule is not harder than their schedule...

8 hours ago, Flounch said:

I remove the thurday game because the other team didn't play. But even if you put the thurday game, that's pretty even...so no, our schedule is not harder than their schedule...

1. If you remove the TNF game, their opponents have played 2 more games. If you add it in, ours have played 1 more. There's no argument for removing it.

2. I never said our schedule was tougher. Did you bother to read my posts before starting this argument? Here's the original post (in response to your incorrect claims that our defense is worse):

"They're giving up more yards(~55 yards more per game) and points per game (~1 more point per game). They haven't played a tougher schedule. They've played a worse slate of QBs. How is their defense not worse than ours?"

Here's another post after comparing our opponents side by side:

"There's not a strong argument that they played a tougher schedule. And if forced to choose, I'd rather have played their schedule."

I stand by everything I said. They haven't played a tougher schedule. I'd have rather played theirs than ours if forced to choose. And their defense is objectively worse.

On 17/11/2018 at 1:51 PM, Flounch said:

Their schedule is a tough as our. They played the Chargers, Steelers, Jaguars when the defense was still solid, Patriots and the Bengals when the dynamic was good. 

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

1. If you remove the TNF game, their opponents have played 2 more games. If you add it in, ours have played 1 more. There's no argument for removing it.

2. I never said our schedule was tougher. Did you bother to read my posts before starting this argument? Here's the original post (in response to your incorrect claims that our defense is worse):

"They're giving up more yards(~55 yards more per game) and points per game (~1 more point per game). They haven't played a tougher schedule. They've played a worse slate of QBs. How is their defense not worse than ours?"

Here's another post after comparing our opponents side by side:

"There's not a strong argument that they played a tougher schedule. And if forced to choose, I'd rather have played their schedule."

I stand by everything I said. They haven't played a tougher schedule. I'd have rather played theirs than ours if forced to choose. And their defense is objectively worse.

Yes and did you bother to read mine ? 

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You started the argument to defend your opinion that the Chiefs have a better D. Am I supposed to assume you're arguing because you agree with me?

Yes they have a better Defense than our and i explained why the stats means nothing. 

You have to watch the game and the context to see why they give up so much yards and points. 

2 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Yes they have a better Defense than our and i explained why the stats means nothing. 

You have to watch the game and the context to see why they give up so much yards and points. 

I've watched their games and their defense is no better than ours. They have a couple good players in positions the Rams don't, read edge, but that doesn't mean they're better. They're just as beatable by the run or pass as we are. 

Its gameday yall. I have the Rams winning 34-30. Yes the Rams will cover. 

Goff - 360yds passing and 3tds 

Gurley - 105yds rushing and 1td; 5 catches for 80yds receiving

Cooks - 7 catches for 110yds receiving and 1td

Woods - 8 catches for 105yds receiving and 1td

Reynolds - 5 catches for 60yds receiving and 1td

Defense gets 4 sacks (Donald gets 2). The defense also gets 2 interceptions (Peters gets 1).

This is the "game of the year" by many people claims. I think its going to be a good one and the Rams show once again why they are great. The one thing people criticized them about last season was not winning at home. 5 of their 6 losses (including the playoffs) were at home. So far the Rams havent lost a game at home and their offense has been scary good at home. I think the atmosphere is going to be crazy good tonight in favor of the Rams and I think they feed off that energy and beat the Chiefs.

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

No, you didn't lol. I pointed out that our numbers are superior and that they didn't play a tougher schedule or a better slate of QBs. You then responded by apparently arguing that they didn't play a tougher schedule. You might want to try a new line of attack hahaha.

My first half thoughts are that both defenses arent stopping the offenses besides forcing those fumbles which led immediately to tds. Its a stalemate which I predicted. I feel like the penalties on KC could be their undoing. I love what Im seeing from Reynolds for those who were panicking about the loss of Kupp. Reynolds couldve easily had 2tds had his toes were an inch off the white line. I think the Rams will do what they normally do and thats make some adjustments at halftime to come out and take a little bit of control of the game to get the lead back that they had early in the game. From there they just need to ride Gurley because the game is tied and the Rams scored 23pts with Gurley being invisible. So thats what I want to see from the Rams is adjustments on defense and keep doing what they are doing on offense then get the lead and ride Gurley.

Archived