Sign in to follow this  
Dome

PFF: Saints’ Sheldon Rankins is quietly having a career year in 2018

[link] 

1,500-plus defensive snaps into his NFL career with the New Orleans Saints, Rankins is blossoming into one of the league’s top pass-rushing defensive interiors. Rankins’ career-high 72.9 pass-rush grade ranks eighth among the 32 at his position with 225-plus pass-rush snaps through Week 10.

RANK-768x432.png

Rankins ranks just tied for 14th in total pressures (28) among defensive interiors this season, but his 11.6 pressure percentage ranks tied for ninth among qualifiers. He’s also made a knack for creating pressure early in the down, as 37.0% of his pressures have been recorded within 2.5 seconds of the snap, which ranks seventh among the 26 defensive interiors with at least 20 pressures in 2018.

Edited by Dome

I'm impressed with our whole d-line.  If we could cover better on the back end, we'd be a force.  And even still, we can have big games against good teams.

That sack on Cousins is my favorite. He straight put that dude on skates xDxD

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, Ryan Nielsen has been among the best hires we've had on the coaching side in a long time. The improvement we've seen out of almost every D-linemen and the unit as a whole has been really impressive.

Rankins deserves a ton of credit too. He's developing into a DT that is constantly forcing pressure and is a factor in the run game.