Week 11: Bye GDT

TheKillerNacho

BYE  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Bye Week
    • Tie
  2. 2. Will Ryan Tannehill get healthy before Week 12's matchup versus the Colts?

• Yes
    • No, more Brock!
    • PLEASE GOD PLEASE
  3. 3. Best thing about Thanksgiving?

• The Food
    • The Football
    • The Family
    • The Friends
    • Being Alone Drinking Heavily Wishing We Had a Better Football Team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/20/2018 at 06:24 AM

It's going to be interesting to see if the Dolphins make any changes this week, or if they just buckle down and try to survive the rest of the season. RT has begun short throwing, and will be working with the trainers until next Monday when practice starts back. Gase said that at that point, if he is able to run the offense it is his team. If RT still can't make all the throws by Monday, Brock will get another start. Grant has a calf injury and will miss the Colts game, DVP may play, but it doesn't matter because he gets hurt almost every game. It looks like Caroo will fill in for Grant, the team will probably call up a practice squad WR if DVP is out. Tunsil and James will be back. On another note, Harbaugh and the ownership in Baltimore are at a crossroads which may lead to him being fired. It seems that ownership wants to tank the rest of the season by benching Flacco and letting Jackson play. The front office wants to trade Flacco after the season. Harbaugh doesn't want to do this. It is interesting because a QB and a HC pair could be on the market at the same time, does Ross go after the other Harbaugh, who could then bring in the QB he knows best while the team looks for the future QB through the draft? This could be an interesting offseason.

53 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

RT has begun short throwing, and will be working with the trainers until next Monday when practice starts back. Gase said that at that point, if he is able to run the offense it is his team. If RT still can't make all the throws by Monday

I'll take this further - if Tannehill can't make all the throws by Monday, he's going on IR. Gut feeling.

1 hour ago, ericsvibe said:

It seems that ownership wants to tank the rest of the season by benching Flacco and letting Jackson play. The front office wants to trade Flacco after the season. Harbaugh doesn't want to do this. It is interesting because a QB and a HC pair could be on the market at the same time, does Ross go after the other Harbaugh, who could then bring in the QB he knows best while the team looks for the future QB through the draft? This could be an interesting offseason.

Sounds interesting. I'm not a Flacco fan, but I guess it means stability for 1-2 seasons. Would our WR group have to be rebuilt? It seems like this group is really predicated on Gase's offense.

I think Flacco makes too much $$$ at the end of the day. 20M in 2019, 24M in 2020. Too much for a stopgap.

9 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

It's going to be interesting to see if the Dolphins make any changes this week, or if they just buckle down and try to survive the rest of the season. RT has begun short throwing, and will be working with the trainers until next Monday when practice starts back. Gase said that at that point, if he is able to run the offense it is his team. If RT still can't make all the throws by Monday, Brock will get another start. Grant has a calf injury and will miss the Colts game, DVP may play, but it doesn't matter because he gets hurt almost every game. It looks like Caroo will fill in for Grant, the team will probably call up a practice squad WR if DVP is out. 

Fins signed WR Brice Butler today. Not that I recall who that is...

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'll take it one step further. If Tannehill goes on IR, we'll never see him in a Dolphins uniform again. Gut feeling.

If that happens, what a sad way to close it out. Injury followed by injury followed by injury, and...gone. He was playing so well this year too. 

14 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Say Miami chokes out the rest of the season and Gase were to get fired who would be on your short list for new head coach?

Jim Harbaugh

Bruce Arians

John Harbaugh if fired by Baltimore

I am ready for a proven head coach next time around no more first timers for me.

If that happened, maybe John Harbaugh. 

I think that's all an exercise in futility.

Gase will be the coach next year. He'll be given a post-Tannehill chance, perhaps with the caveat of changing DCs.

There is a rumor going around that Gase wanted Vic Fangio but Ross wasn't willing to pay the amount needed to pry him from Chicago, and he also thought he'd be a HC soon so wasn't happy about paying. Who knows how true that is, Ross doesn't seem to be scared of throwing around money.

Either way, I think it's time for a defensive scheme change. We have 2-3 great pieces in the secondary. Let's revamp the front 7 and maybe move to a 4-3 under or a 3-4 scheme.

Archived