2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

4 minutes ago, Counselor said:

My dream said it was Grier. It’s going to be Grier. Hopefully in the second not the first. 

Well, Lock's tools are going to get the most accolades in the silly season, but Grier's profile probably puts him at 3-4 in the Combine/SB rating (Jones' intangibles are what separate him, not his measurable tools and arm skills they will be testing).   Would be another huuuuuge reach at 1.10.  

At least your dream didn't say we were going Kyler Murray 1.10.  That's totally anti-Elway style lol.

Edited by Broncofan

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well, Lock's tools are going to get the most accolades in the silly season, but Grier's profile probably puts him at 3-4 in the Combine/SB rating (Jones' intangibles are what separate him, not his measurable tools and arm skills they will be testing).   Would be another huuuuuge reach at 1.10.  

At least your dream didn't say we were going Kyler Murray 1.10.  That's totally anti-Elway style lol.

Well I didn’t dream what pick we used. 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I absolutely think we are taking QB - the issue is when.   Taking Kubiak as OC could also put us in the corner of getting a Rd 2-3 guy and "coaching him up".   Let's  face it, that's been Kubiak's MO.  You'd think they'd have learned, but it's certainly no lock we go QB 1.10 yet (yes, I just did that lol).    It's troubling that Lock is the one guy they went to see early on (with Herbert), and now the guy Klis & Paige are linking, but it's far from in the bag (although, yes, Lock at 1.10 is definitely kinda terrifying). 

I don't think I have seen Klis link us to Lock, other than mentioning him (along with Haskins / Jones in the same tweet) yesterday. Am I missing something?

21 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

I don't think I have seen Klis link us to Lock, other than mentioning him (along with Haskins / Jones in the same tweet) yesterday. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that's the one - like I said above, I wouldn't consider it set in stone that it's Lock yet, either - but Haskins is a pipe dream at 1.10, and the other words were more telling - he HAS to get a young QB.   

If it's coming from Klis, that's setting us up for QB 1.10 to only mention those 3 guys.   Not a good choice, but if I had to choose between those 2, I'd easily go Jones.  I still would worry about Jones a lot though at 1.10 (even Haskins 1-year history means it's not nearly as safe as other top guys taken), but TBH I feel better about Jones over anyone else that's not Haskins - just not at 1.10, no one that's available for QB is a good pick (esp when we see who's likely there, it's a great DL/top 2-3 CB class, and by 1.10 T is justifiable as overall BPA -  QB for who's there is a huge reach).   Lock at 1.10, though, it's terrifying.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

If it’s the case I hope Elway gets canned soon

This is the offseason dude. Organization hangs in the balance so we're gonna see how this goes. I could see myself being full "fire Elway" guy by the end of the offseason

• Like 1

Lock sure throws a pretty ball. However I like to watch full games and then after highlights. To see how people get duped into falling for prospects who have clear flaws. Lock’s highlights almost all include plays where he has a clear pocket... others when he doesn’t have a clear pocket show him taking off and running. And the few highlights where he is getting pressure and completes a pass he is back pedaling and his God given arm strength saves him. I can’t find one where he clearly steps up in a collapsing pocket and makes a play. That scares me. That is super Gabbertesque as I stated before. 

42 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Lock sure throws a pretty ball. However I like to watch full games and then after highlights. To see how people get duped into falling for prospects who have clear flaws. Lock’s highlights almost all include plays where he has a clear pocket... others when he doesn’t have a clear pocket show him taking off and running. And the few highlights where he is getting pressure and completes a pass he is back pedaling and his God given arm strength saves him. I can’t find one where he clearly steps up in a collapsing pocket and makes a play. That scares me. That is super Gabbertesque as I stated before. 

I just listened to Cecil Lammey's midnight podcast from last night, and he isn't high on any of these QB's. He thinks that the Broncos should take the best defensive player in the first round.

• Like 2