2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

8 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Can Jokic play QB? The ESPN anchor just slammed Denver QBs. After he threw a full court pass to Murray in stride, the anchor said, "that's the best pass they'be seen in Denver in a long time."

That pass was so sick lol. Von is at a ton of nugs games, which is awesome. I think this season Jokic has taken the mantle as the best athlete in Denver with no disrespect meant towards Von, Nolan, and Nathan

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Counselor said:

I hate this so much

I'm actually more curious about some of the later round picks you mentioned in past posts. I think we're well positioned to get a good developmental prospect, let him sit and learn for a year then hand over the reins when Keenum leaves.

I'd just hate to see a reach at 1. There are too many good ballplayers available at other spots, and we have too many needs to be rolling the dice on a over rated QB prospect. Right now if you go to the scouting sites that don't consider position in their rankings many don't have a QB listed in their top 20.

• Like 1

I'm actually more curious about some of the later round picks you mentioned in past posts. I think we're well positioned to get a good developmental prospect, let him sit and learn for a year then hand over the reins when Keenum leaves.

If you look at the 'hit' rate for middle round QB's, its about as high as the temp in Denver during July. The idea of a middle round developmental guy just almost never, ever works. And the idea of taking a guy mid round and handing him a starting job in a years time is just not realistic.

Good QB's are generally gone withing the first 40-50 picks. After that your chance of hitting on a guy in R3, a guy in R7 and a UDFA are pretty similar. Its total luck.

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Yeah he wants us to suck for Lawrence in 2021 how original lol.

Cecil Lammey is the definition of a hack. How he got a radio gig I have no idea. He was a fantasy football guy the start with but somewhere along the way he got it into his head he is a NFL scout who just happens to collect a paycheck from a media company rather than a NFL team. He and Mike Pritchard, who is equally-insufferable, have the worst show (after The Drivel Drive that is) on Denver radio. Two years ago Lammey was saying the Broncos were going to playoffs because we ditched old school Rick Dennison and moved into the modern offensive era with Mike McCoy and Jamaal Charles and Carlos Henderson and Isiah McKenzie. Then he turned on all of them. A year ago he was talking how great our offense was going to be with Billy Musgrave adapting his scheme to his talent and Case was a perfect game-manager for a team like ours. Then he turned on it all. Now he's saying we're going to be great with Vic because he's going to focus on fundamentals and that's what we need. He is the ultimate fan base follower and an absolute hack. 

29 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

If you look at the 'hit' rate for middle round QB's, its about as high as the temp in Denver during July. The idea of a middle round developmental guy just almost never, ever works. And the idea of taking a guy mid round and handing him a starting job in a years time is just not realistic.

Good QB's are generally gone withing the first 40-50 picks. After that your chance of hitting on a guy in R3, a guy in R7 and a UDFA are pretty similar. Its total luck.

I have no problem taking a QB in any round including the first if they warrant it. Thats the real key. The 2015 draft is a great example. Winston / Mariotta at 1 and 2. Neither has come close to justifying that draft position. Both teams have been stuck in mediocrity with their QBOTF's at the helm. So what do they do now? Take up their 5th year option, grant them an extension, let 'em go and try again? Talk about lousy choices.

You tell me, whats the solution? Just use your top pick on a QB until you hit? Grab the best one available at your spot ala Paxton Lynch? I don't know. What I do know is wasting top picks on over rated QB's can be a franchise killer for several years. 

32 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Cecil Lammey is the definition of a hack. How he got a radio gig I have no idea. He was a fantasy football guy the start with but somewhere along the way he got it into his head he is a NFL scout who just happens to collect a paycheck from a media company rather than a NFL team. He and Mike Pritchard, who is equally-insufferable, have the worst show (after The Drivel Drive that is) on Denver radio. Two years ago Lammey was saying the Broncos were going to playoffs because we ditched old school Rick Dennison and moved into the modern offensive era with Mike McCoy and Jamaal Charles and Carlos Henderson and Isiah McKenzie. Then he turned on all of them. A year ago he was talking how great our offense was going to be with Billy Musgrave adapting his scheme to his talent and Case was a perfect game-manager for a team like ours. Then he turned on it all. Now he's saying we're going to be great with Vic because he's going to focus on fundamentals and that's what we need. He is the ultimate fan base follower and an absolute hack. 

I agree. And in my opinion 10 years down  the road this qb class is going to end up as underrated.  I think a lot of people are saying how bad it is are simply jumping on the coat tails of other people. It may not be 2018 or 2020. Never know what can happen in a year.

But, people are acting like it's the 1997 qb class or something are just off base.

You tell me, whats the solution? Just use your top pick on a QB until you hit? Grab the best one available at your spot ala Paxton Lynch? I don't know. What I do know is wasting top picks on over rated QB's can be a franchise killer for several years. 

I think its inevitable to reach for a QB. Your unlikely to ever come across a QB that is BPA because the position is so highly valued. This means at some point you are going to be forced into overdrafting one. Mahomes was touted as a R2 pick, and most laughed at KC for drafting him, but he was their guy on the board and they drafted him to ensure he became their guy. By any pure BPA measurement, a air-raid QB from a smaller school was far from the BPA. Same in many ways can be said about Goff, he was a top half R1 talent but if your talking BPA, you likely would draft Bosa or Zeke.

You need to reach for a QB that you like. Maybe not a few rounds reach, but likely a round or half a round. Its just the way the spot is valued.

The Lynch pick was terrible, but I also think alot of that falls on Elway. I will never understand how that man sat in a room alone with Lynch and didnt come to the conclusion that the guy was a total doofus.

Wasting top picks on over rated QB's can be a franchise killer, but sitting in medoicracy for half a decade with no QB and waning fan interest because your trotting out JAG's at the most important, exciting position in all of sports can be a franchise killer as well. Especially when ownership is in limbo.

This team is wasting everyone's time until we can put out a competent QB on Sundays. We are no closer to that than we were when Peyton retired. Its getting old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

That pass was so sick lol. Von is at a ton of nugs games, which is awesome. I think this season Jokic has taken the mantle as the best athlete in Denver with no disrespect meant towards Von, Nolan, and Nathan

I don't get how Jokic knew to chuck it like that? He rebounded it with one hand and immediately turned around and winged it...amazing; dude is fun to watch because he has everyone involved.  Keenum should not this. 

23 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't get how Jokic knew to chuck it like that? He rebounded it with one hand and immediately turned around and winged it...amazing; dude is fun to watch because he has everyone involved.  Keenum should not this. 

So he catches the rebound one handed and ***** it back as he turns all the time but doesn't chuck it...so I think he is always ready to unleash it. For whatever reason he saw Jamal go before and knew or made the decision in the split second he had after he turned...incredible 

22 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

You need to reach for a QB that you like. Maybe not a few rounds reach, but likely a round or half a round. Its just the way the spot is valued.

I get that, I really do. I can see giving up a half round in value but not much more. Just for the hell of it look at CBS ratings. Haskins at #16, Lock at #29, Jones at #36.

If I'm not drafting at #10 they start looking more appealing. Problem is there're great ballplayers at #10 outside of QB. Once you're out pf the top 10 the QB's become less of a reach. 

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

I get that, I really do. I can see giving up a half round in value but not much more. Just for the hell of it look at CBS ratings. Haskins at #16, Lock at #29, Jones at #36.

If I'm not drafting at #10 they start looking more appealing. Problem is there're great ballplayers at #10 outside of QB. Once you're out pf the top 10 the QB's become less of a reach. 

It's draft dynamic though, based on the need of the position I don't think we will see the 3rd QB get picked outside of the top 15 for quite some time - because there will always be someone willing to take the risk to move up and take a guy (that they most likely believe in). Between that dynamic, and the variance of how teams evaluate QBs, pick 10 is really where we can expect maybe the 2nd or 3rd QB to go - regardless of their overall talent level relative to the field.

^^^ this is probably my favorite part of the draft, it is fascinating.