2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

Elway like Lock a lot but i don't think he will trade up to take him with others area to improve. ILB-OT-CB.

He will go BPA at 10 or jump 7/8 max to take Lock. In this case we take a young QB in 3rd ou 4th round if Lock is gone.

Go with Keenum in 2019 and take a risk in 2020 draft to take the next franchise QB in trading up.

Last year in this forum so many people dislike Josh Allen and is accuracy and now most of them think is a better prospect than Lock ?? Hmmmm....crazy !!

I like a lot Josh last year but h his defaults are again a concern for me. ANd after 1 year i cannot determine if he is a starter in this league.

3 minutes ago, French Fan said:

Elway like Lock a lot but i don't think he will trade up to take him with others area to improve. ILB-OT-CB.

He will go BPA at 10 or jump 7/8 max to take Lock. In this case we take a young QB in 3rd ou 4th round if Lock is gone.

Go with Keenum in 2019 and take a risk in 2020 draft to take the next franchise QB in trading up.

Last year in this forum so many people dislike Josh Allen and is accuracy and now most of them think is a better prospect than Lock ?? Hmmmm....crazy !!

I like a lot Josh last year but h his defaults are again a concern for me. ANd after 1 year i cannot determine if he is a starter in this league.

I remember alot of people liking Allen. But they realized that Elway wasn't gonna take a swing on him. 

4 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Me thinks Elway will move up all the way to the number 1 pick to get Lock. Me thinks Lock will be QBOTF. 

Can't see that Elway has been on record saying we have to surround the team with the right pieces so a qb can be successful.  I truly believe elway thinks a lot of Lynch's failures were self inflicted by elway.

The assets it would take to get up to one or 2 is gonna really deplete this team the next 2 years and I don't think elway would be willing to do that.

11 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What do you guys think about Lock as a prospect versus Allen and Rosen last year?

There’s more than a few in Broncos Country who say - with the caveat that they love Chubb and can’t fault the pick - that we should have taken a QB at 5 last year. You can’t say, “I would have taken Baker or Darnold,” because we can’t play that game as there’s no way to know what we would have had to give up and/or if the Browns/Jets would’ve made the trade. 

So therein lies the question - Allen/Rosen + your choice at #10 this year or Chubb + (for arguments sake) Lock at #10 this year? Time to go on the record. 

I am not sold on either Allen / Rosen (never liked either). Standing firm on the Chubb + #10 this year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm confident in Murray and Lock mostly. As long as Murray doesn't break in half, I have a hard time picking him apart for his height. Even if he's 5'9," I have a hard to believing that If Russell Wilson was 1" shorter and Brees was 2'' shorter, that they would magically suck.

There is a major question mark over drafting Murray - and it is not his talent.

Say the Broncos were to draft Murray at 1.10 - then his rookie contract would amount to approx, $18million (what Rosen got from the Cards last year) - at that point there is nothing to stop the Oakland A's coming back to Murray and offering him a major league contract worth, say $25million. Even if he went first overall and got Mayfield's contract of $33million - the A's could come back and offer $40million. 

Effectively the A's can outbid any NFL team in terms of the contract they offer Murray. If you look at the serious commentary coming out of Oakland then the A's will be patient - there is a contract worth $6.5million already on the table - roughly equal to a mid-second round pick in the draft. If Murray falls below that point then it is conceivable that Murray could walk away from the NFL and go back to Oakland on his original contract. He demanded a $15million contract from Oakland to stick with baseball a month ago (money for a mid-first round pick) - the A's sat tight because they know that can come back to him at anytime after the draft and offer him the $15million - and there is always the prospect that they could get him for less.

Now - it is possible that Murray actually wants to play football - but before a team drafts him they would have to be 100% sure that he is committed and not chasing money. If there is any doubts then Murray could fall in the draft until someone decides to take a flyer on him in the hope he will stick with football.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murray back in Oakland - while the A's have one of the lower salary expenditures in the MLB at about $80million - in 2017 they had income of $210million. Billy Beane is still running the show in Oakland and wants value for money across the board and the new billionaire owner apparently is a tight-wad - but taking Murray from the NFL after the draft would be a major publicity coup for Oakland and I could see them stumping up the money in an attempt to do it.

Edited by jolly red giant
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Counselor said:

My other concern with Murray is what if he has a bad year or gets injured and instead of keeping with football and persevering and showing he can bounce back he just leaves for baseball. I don’t want to spend my top ten pick on that. 

Draft picks aren't what they used to be and monetarily, it won't matter. Then we move on. I'd rather take that risk than pick Haskins or the kid from Duke.

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Know there’s a lot of QBOTF talk but I’ve been checking out LBs lately , any thoughts on Tre Lamar or Tre’von Coney as replacements for Marshall ? Bet we could get one in 4th or 5th, just my opinion. 

Thoughts ?

Lamar is stiff as a board. Not what Fangio wants in an ILB

14 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Know it's still a world away, but doesn't taking a 1st round qb in this year (or 2020) take us out of any though of drafting  Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence ?? From what I've seen of Lawrence he's the true Elway of his generation.

Yea but we have no shot at Lawrence unless wed get the first pick. Highly unlikely.  And elway is fighting for his job cant expect him to sit back.

I am thinking theres less and less of a chance the Broncos go QB at 10. I know the Elway / Lock love saga obviously has wheels, but the Flacco move was very intentionally giving us another year "safety net" at QB - giving up a valuable 4th round pick to do so. If Elway was that enamored with Lock, I don't see the Flacco move being made (he would probably have held onto the draft pick, and tried to move up with other picks).