2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

I'd like a bit of input from you guys that watch a lot of college football.

I've had some time to finally watch some of the top QB prospects and the only one I find truly intriguing is Murray. He's fun to watch but also: Kid has a very good arm, very accurate and has amazing touch when required. He's really a very good "pocket" QB but also has quickness and speed unheard of at that position.

I don't care much about his height or lack of. It could actually be a positive. He's never had the luxury of looking over an OL and knows about passing lanes and how to create them. Thats a big deal in the NFL.

At 5'9" and 206 he's got a build to handle the contact and from what I've seen and read is very hard to get a solid hit on.

Anyway, judging QB's isn't my forte, but I'd like to get some input from you more knowledgable at that position than I. Thats probably most of you.

Edited by AKRNA

23 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'd like a bit of input from you guys that watch a lot of college football.

I've had some time to finally watch some of the top QB prospects and the only one I find truly intriguing is Murray. He's fun to watch but also: Kid has a very good arm, very accurate and has amazing touch when required. He's really a very good "pocket" QB but also has quickness and speed unheard of at that position.

I don't care much about his height or lack of. It could actually be a positive. He's never had the luxury of looking over an OL and knows about passing lanes and how to create them. Thats a big deal in the NFL.

At 5'9" and 206 he's got a build to handle the contact and from what I've seen and read is very hard to get a solid hit on.

Anyway, judging QB's isn't my forte, but I'd like to get some input from you more knowledgable at that position than I. Thats probably most of you.

Well the big issue with him long term will be durability, and lets face it the splits in college are different than college. He's not the same as Russell Wilson Wilson is generational his movement in the pocket and sense of pressure are uncanny. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

No one said it was easy. That doesn't mean he gets a pass. 

And where did I give him a pass ?

The biggest criticism I would have of Elway over the past four years is not acknowledging that Lynch was a bust after one year and trading up to get a QB in 2017.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:53 AM, Counselor said:

Haskins is my top guy right now. He could use some more experience and may need some time to develop in the league but man his arm and ball placement is beautiful. He has active feet in the pocket and he has led some clutch drives this season. He appears to have all of the tools and be the complete package except maybe the experience of some of the other passers. He stands in the pocket and takes a lick and he can elude pressure. I’m not sure about the offense either as there are a lot of one reads like screens and swings. Baker had a lot of one reads also but he had proven on tape he could look off defenders. I see Haskins doing some of that also but I’d like to see more.  Broncofan has stated several times he should go back to school and I could see why. However developing for a year in the NFL while possibly getting some game reps his rookie year and not competing with next years QB class might entice him to leave early. It’s too soon for me to make a call on if it is the right decision for him to come out or stay. There are benefits to both. Another season in college of actual game experience (but that experience is coming from a predominant one read offense) or on the bench learning how to be a pro and learning an nfl offense. I hope he comes out and right now in my evaluation process that we strongly consider him if he is available. 

On 11/27/2018 at 10:36 AM, Counselor said:

Haskins torched the defense which had given up the fewest yards of total offense all season. The kid can game and he should be the top QB drafted. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:18 PM, Counselor said:

There is a simple play that encapsulates every reason of why I believe Dwayne Haskins will be successful. 

10:15 in the second quarter against Purdue. Haskins side steps a rusher while stepping up in the face of another rusher keeping his feet active, making a read to his second progression while delivering an accurate and perfect velocity throw to his target on a 3rd and 9 for a first while getting pummeled. I watch this play over and over. I love it. Definitely wasn’t his best game but this play shows he has the whole package. 

Haskins footwork is beautiful for a one year starter. Constantly stepping up, keeps feet active up until the release (even as he ***** his arm back his feet are still active). He sets his feet simultaneously with the release as if it is one fluid full body motion. It’s beautiful. When he does make some seldom errant throws it’s when he does set his feet too early and it affects the symbiotic motion of his feet to his throwing arm. When he keeps those feet active he doesn’t telegraph his passes this way and this is why his 70 percent completion percentage is going to carry over into the NFL.