BaldyBronco

2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

I don't think there is any way Haskins drops to us with the Giants up there. Jones is intriguing but he's a dink and dunk guy that we just got rid of. Drew Lock is Cutler reincarnate.

Just gimme Murray.

12 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't think there is any way Haskins drops to us with the Giants up there. Jones is intriguing but he's a dink and dunk guy that we just got rid of. Drew Lock is Cutler reincarnate.

Just gimme Murray.

The question for Lock is: Can he progress ? Cutler was the same form start to finish.

Murray cannot survive in NFL. The better prospect is D.White. But give me a QB and i take Lock with a good coaching he can be better than Cutler.

I am convinced that Elway will not take a QB at 10 or before. There is an outside chance he trades back into the first if a guy like Lock takes a precipitous fall like Aaron Rodgers did. 

Saying all that I personally like a couple Day 2 and Day 3 prospects. 

Jarrett Stidham is one of those guys. He should have stayed in school one more year, but who wants to be in that 2020 class. It’s starting to make the 2018 class  look like a heap of garbage. Stidham can sling it. Nice quick compact delivery and good ball placement. Not the strongest arm, but I’ve seen him make just about every throw. His 2017 game against Alabama shows what he is capable of. I also have heard from multiple outlets that Scangarello is a fan of Stidham. 

The other guy I have studied and liked is Ryan Finley. Really smart accurate passer. Can really get in a rhythm and punish a defense with timing and precision. His weakness is consistent pressure. He really gets rattled sometimes and makes really bad throws.  The 2018 game against Clemson is a great example albeit against a stellar defense.  May not have the skill set to be anything other than a quality backup, but I do like his game. 

On 3/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, Winder23 said:

I am convinced that Elway will not take a QB at 10 or before. There is an outside chance he trades back into the first if a guy like Lock takes a precipitous fall like Aaron Rodgers did. 

Saying all that I personally like a couple Day 2 and Day 3 prospects. 

Jarrett Stidham is one of those guys. He should have stayed in school one more year, but who wants to be in that 2020 class. It’s starting to make the 2018 class  look like a heap of garbage. Stidham can sling it. Nice quick compact delivery and good ball placement. Not the strongest arm, but I’ve seen him make just about every throw. His 2017 game against Alabama shows what he is capable of. I also have heard from multiple outlets that Scangarello is a fan of Stidham. 

The other guy I have studied and liked is Ryan Finley. Really smart accurate passer. Can really get in a rhythm and punish a defense with timing and precision. His weakness is consistent pressure. He really gets rattled sometimes and makes really bad throws.  The 2018 game against Clemson is a great example albeit against a stellar defense.  May not have the skill set to be anything other than a quality backup, but I do like his game. 

I like Stidham as well.  Biggest concern for me with him is this past year on a poor Auburn team he started seeing ghosts and looked really poor when facing pressure and in the NFL, even good OLs require a QB to be tough in the pocket.

Kyle Shanahan raves about Stidham at the Senior Bowl as well (Shanahan was his coach) and Scangerello basically modeled his entire offense and career by following Shanahan, so I am sure he was also impressed.

I also think Stidham is a great fit in the WCO he’s athletic and while not an elite arm, can make all the throws.

Edited by germ-x

FitzTragic (or FitzMagic) to Miami. 

Giants say "Haskins no fit New York philosophy" smoke ? Trade back with Miami ? 

Any idea ? 

On 3/18/2019 at 4:15 AM, French Fan said:

FitzTragic (or FitzMagic) to Miami. 

Giants say "Haskins no fit New York philosophy" smoke ? Trade back with Miami ? 

Any idea ? 

I think it’s Smoke. But I could also see the Giants take Daniel Jones at 17. They can take a difference maker on D at 6 like a Sweat or White. Jones is very Manningish in his movements without the arm strength.