2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

12 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't think there is any way Haskins drops to us with the Giants up there. Jones is intriguing but he's a dink and dunk guy that we just got rid of. Drew Lock is Cutler reincarnate.

Just gimme Murray.

The question for Lock is: Can he progress ? Cutler was the same form start to finish.

Murray cannot survive in NFL. The better prospect is D.White. But give me a QB and i take Lock with a good coaching he can be better than Cutler.

I am convinced that Elway will not take a QB at 10 or before. There is an outside chance he trades back into the first if a guy like Lock takes a precipitous fall like Aaron Rodgers did. 

Saying all that I personally like a couple Day 2 and Day 3 prospects. 

Jarrett Stidham is one of those guys. He should have stayed in school one more year, but who wants to be in that 2020 class. It’s starting to make the 2018 class  look like a heap of garbage. Stidham can sling it. Nice quick compact delivery and good ball placement. Not the strongest arm, but I’ve seen him make just about every throw. His 2017 game against Alabama shows what he is capable of. I also have heard from multiple outlets that Scangarello is a fan of Stidham. 

The other guy I have studied and liked is Ryan Finley. Really smart accurate passer. Can really get in a rhythm and punish a defense with timing and precision. His weakness is consistent pressure. He really gets rattled sometimes and makes really bad throws.  The 2018 game against Clemson is a great example albeit against a stellar defense.  May not have the skill set to be anything other than a quality backup, but I do like his game. 

On 3/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, Winder23 said:

I am convinced that Elway will not take a QB at 10 or before. There is an outside chance he trades back into the first if a guy like Lock takes a precipitous fall like Aaron Rodgers did. 

Saying all that I personally like a couple Day 2 and Day 3 prospects. 

Jarrett Stidham is one of those guys. He should have stayed in school one more year, but who wants to be in that 2020 class. It’s starting to make the 2018 class  look like a heap of garbage. Stidham can sling it. Nice quick compact delivery and good ball placement. Not the strongest arm, but I’ve seen him make just about every throw. His 2017 game against Alabama shows what he is capable of. I also have heard from multiple outlets that Scangarello is a fan of Stidham. 

The other guy I have studied and liked is Ryan Finley. Really smart accurate passer. Can really get in a rhythm and punish a defense with timing and precision. His weakness is consistent pressure. He really gets rattled sometimes and makes really bad throws.  The 2018 game against Clemson is a great example albeit against a stellar defense.  May not have the skill set to be anything other than a quality backup, but I do like his game. 

I like Stidham as well.  Biggest concern for me with him is this past year on a poor Auburn team he started seeing ghosts and looked really poor when facing pressure and in the NFL, even good OLs require a QB to be tough in the pocket.

Kyle Shanahan raves about Stidham at the Senior Bowl as well (Shanahan was his coach) and Scangerello basically modeled his entire offense and career by following Shanahan, so I am sure he was also impressed.

I also think Stidham is a great fit in the WCO he’s athletic and while not an elite arm, can make all the throws.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:15 AM, French Fan said:

FitzTragic (or FitzMagic) to Miami. 

Giants say "Haskins no fit New York philosophy" smoke ? Trade back with Miami ? 

Any idea ? 

I think it’s Smoke. But I could also see the Giants take Daniel Jones at 17. They can take a difference maker on D at 6 like a Sweat or White. Jones is very Manningish in his movements without the arm strength. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do think we are taking a qb in the first round................within the last few days it has been confirmed that all 4 of the top qb's - Murray, Haskins, Lock and Jones will be hosted by us.  Last year there was quite a bit of disappointment that we did not get a qb and admittedly I wanted Chubb from the onset thinking Keenum was serviceable.  Well that was not the case and I actually believe Flacco is less serviceable.  He is not agile and compounding that problem is our O-line which needs heavy improvement for Flacco to succeed.  He also has not played well in a few years.  As Elway raved on about Flacco I couldn't help but think that possibly the air in Colorado is poisoned with weed.  However, the fact that it has come out that all top four qb's are being hosted by us confirms in my mind that Elway was putting up a smokescreen regarding masking the intent of drafting a qb in the first.  In fact it may be that the Bronco's are now in the driver's seat with regard to picking a qb after Murray goes one.  Many mocks have no qb's falling after Murray making us next in line at ten.  Also today Rotoworld advises Rosen will be moved possibly eliminating another team from having a qb need.  The only thing that messes up us being in the drivers seat is a qb needy team jumping ahead of us which is why I can see Elway moving up to number three on draft day.  I think it is clear Elway is desperate here and may even trade with his buddy Lynch should someone beat us and move to three (if they are qb needy).  I think in a way we all are desperate for true hope - a true possibility of a qb of the future.  Last year we picked five but it was clear that qb's were going high and they did, eliminating the qb's Denver wanted.  This year we pick ten and in actuality may be in a better position than last year to end up with our qb.  The only issue is which one?  I actually like Haskins the best but am very intrigued by Murray and I like Lock too so I am ok with all three though I only would trade up for Haskins.  Now I should clarify that I really don't want to trade up but if it gets us the qb I want (Haskins) I am all for it.  But Elway is in the driver's seat there and perhaps he should pull a Costanza and pick the opposite of what he is thinking meaning the qb he likes the least -lol.  

2 hours ago, anewdawn said:

I do think we are taking a qb in the first round................within the last few days it has been confirmed that all 4 of the top qb's - Murray, Haskins, Lock and Jones will be hosted by us.  Last year there was quite a bit of disappointment that we did not get a qb and admittedly I wanted Chubb from the onset thinking Keenum was serviceable.  Well that was not the case and I actually believe Flacco is less serviceable.  He is not agile and compounding that problem is our O-line which needs heavy improvement for Flacco to succeed.  He also has not played well in a few years.  As Elway raved on about Flacco I couldn't help but think that possibly the air in Colorado is poisoned with weed.  However, the fact that it has come out that all top four qb's are being hosted by us confirms in my mind that Elway was putting up a smokescreen regarding masking the intent of drafting a qb in the first.  In fact it may be that the Bronco's are now in the driver's seat with regard to picking a qb after Murray goes one.  Many mocks have no qb's falling after Murray making us next in line at ten.  Also today Rotoworld advises Rosen will be moved possibly eliminating another team from having a qb need.  The only thing that messes up us being in the drivers seat is a qb needy team jumping ahead of us which is why I can see Elway moving up to number three on draft day.  I think it is clear Elway is desperate here and may even trade with his buddy Lynch should someone beat us and move to three (if they are qb needy).  I think in a way we all are desperate for true hope - a true possibility of a qb of the future.  Last year we picked five but it was clear that qb's were going high and they did, eliminating the qb's Denver wanted.  This year we pick ten and in actuality may be in a better position than last year to end up with our qb.  The only issue is which one?  I actually like Haskins the best but am very intrigued by Murray and I like Lock too so I am ok with all three though I only would trade up for Haskins.  Now I should clarify that I really don't want to trade up but if it gets us the qb I want (Haskins) I am all for it.  But Elway is in the driver's seat there and perhaps he should pull a Costanza and pick the opposite of what he is thinking meaning the qb he likes the least -lol.  

I think FO have 1 QB in mind. If his QB is here at 10 good take him. But no trade up. 

Next year we will not be a top 10 draft team. So even if the QBs are better next year the cost is too much to jump inside the 5 in 2020.

This is a good choice to take IN 2019. Murray seems to be first so. Haskins and Lock are the choice for the 10th. If the QB is not here take BPA at 1.10

38 minutes ago, French Fan said:

I think FO have 1 QB in mind. If his QB is here at 10 good take him. But no trade up. 

Next year we will not be a top 10 draft team. So even if the QBs are better next year the cost is too much to jump inside the 5 in 2020.

This is a good choice to take IN 2019. Murray seems to be first so. Haskins and Lock are the choice for the 10th. If the QB is not here take BPA at 1.10

If they have a QB to take in mind at 10, they should have no problem trading up for him.

It would be nice to get our guy at 10, for sure. But if they really truly believe there is a franchise QB that is not Murray (assuming 1st pick), they would be idiotic to not trade up for him.

49 minutes ago, French Fan said:

I don't trust next year at all...........first I think we have a decent team and will have close to seven wins everything remaining equal which puts us in no mans land for a qb next year.  Also next years class is chalk full of hype but there are cracks in the armor so to speak.  Fromm disappointed this year, took a step back - what will he do next year?  Tua has one major injury and I love him but man he is already damaged goods.  The way Alabama works their players I can see him getting overworked and that knee will only get worse.  And this is strictly a personal thought and you guys know how kind of stupid I can be but I lost faith in Herbert because he didn't declare this year - lol - how stupid can you be to saddle yourself in next years draft versus this years though this post may actually make an argument as to why he may have done the right thing.   Basically we don't really know how next year shapes up so lets deal with where we are today.    Anyway I see the rumour mill for Rosen has heated up with the Chargers offering a second.  The Giants had offered a third but if Gettleman doesn't match that second he truly is a moron.  Gettleman knows what Rosen was worth last year and now he has some NFL experience to boot and the Giant second is better than the Charger second any day.  If Gettleman falls short on Rosen he will truly look like an idiot.  To conclude I kind of think we may be in the drivers seat re qb this year and one way or another I would secure that valueable asset!!  Like I said remember all the moaning on the board when we didn't get one last year.  We are going to slip out of the high qb pick if we wait and we still won't have a legitimate qb of the future.

So here in NY, they’re convinced the Giants are going to pass on a QB and ride Eli.  Furious about it, but convinced that is Gettleman’s plan.

Dont know if that’s the way it will play out but....if the Giants don’t take a QB, it’s very possible that Haskins is sitting there st 10.

IF Haskins is there at 10, Elway HAS to take him, right?  Like Run to the podium and take him?

15 hours ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

So here in NY, they’re convinced the Giants are going to pass on a QB and ride Eli.  Furious about it, but convinced that is Gettleman’s plan.

Dont know if that’s the way it will play out but....if the Giants don’t take a QB, it’s very possible that Haskins is sitting there st 10.

IF Haskins is there at 10, Elway HAS to take him, right?  Like Run to the podium and take him?

I would hope so. Also I could see the Giants taking Oliver at 6. I think it would be a good move for them. And then get Daniel Jones at 17. 

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You guys should take a flier on Brett Rypien in the 4th, kids tape is impressive and he’s a Midwest guy already and already a Bronco. Him and Finley are my sleeper QBs in this draft. 

Finley is garbage 

Archived