2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

I know this is the 2019 draft thread, but for 2020, Tua isn’t anything special.  Average across the board other than his ability to run, which is slightly above.  Daniel Jones is a more talented prospect then Tua is.

He has literally no zip on the ball, which means he has to be completely reliant on accuracy.  He’s been pressured tonight and it’s pretty obvious that’s new to him.  Accuracy has been abysmal and he looks more like a backup NFL QB than a potential #1 pick.

2 hours ago, germ-x said:

I know this is the 2019 draft thread, but for 2020, Tua isn’t anything special.  Average across the board other than his ability to run, which is slightly above.  Daniel Jones is a more talented prospect then Tua is.

He has literally no zip on the ball, which means he has to be completely reliant on accuracy.  He’s been pressured tonight and it’s pretty obvious that’s new to him.  Accuracy has been abysmal and he looks more like a backup NFL QB than a potential #1 pick.

Is it worth it to suck for another few years to land Trevor Lawrence? I guess I will answer that...only if you think he will be dominant for the next 15-20 years and we are all old and crapping our pants and smoking Marijuana for the arthritis 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Who else is in the 2020 class besides Herbert now that's worth waiting for?

I think the Broncos should built the best defense the NFL has ever known.  The best running game that the NFL has ever seen, and let Keenum ride out his contract and then see what bridge QB is available after that until the Broncos have a chance to draft Trevor Lawrence...then you have the best defense, the best running game, and then a potential stud QB who CAN go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. 

52 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think the Broncos should built the best defense the NFL has ever known.  The best running game that the NFL has ever seen, and let Keenum ride out his contract and then see what bridge QB is available after that until the Broncos have a chance to draft Trevor Lawrence...then you have the best defense, the best running game, and then a potential stud QB who CAN go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. 

There's gonna be so many teams who tank for Lawrence much like luck. Can't bank on that.

18 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Take the QB this year rather than wait with fevor dreams for Trevor.

Numerous teams will tank for him. He is a Luck level generational talent. The kid is a football savant.

That is when you package Von up with some other draft stock and nab the #1 overall to get him.  But you are right, the Broncos haven't shown a history of drafting good QBs, so they have to go with the law of averages and just keep drafting them until they get a good one...unfortunately we don't know when that will happen...could be this draft, the next one, and then the draft when Lawrence comes out.  

That is when you package Von up with some other draft stock and nab the #1 overall to get him.  But you are right, the Broncos haven't shown a history of drafting good QBs, so they have to go with the law of averages and just keep drafting them until they get a good one...unfortunately we don't know when that will happen...could be this draft, the next one, and then the draft when Lawrence comes out.  

Von wont have anywhere near the value to trade up for Lawrence in 2021. Hell, he doesnt have anywhere near that value today.

Its likely that Lawrence will be worth more than, say, Denver's top 3-5 players (Whoever that may be) when he comes out in 2021. Its going to be a bloodbath if a team with a QB lands the #1 spot in 2021. But it wont be a team with a QB landing #1, because so many teams that year in need will blatantly tank. This is a talent that comes across every 10-12 years; Luck and Manning are probably the last two guys you can say that about.

Just now, BroncosFan2010 said:

Von wont have anywhere near the value to trade up for Lawrence in 2021. Hell, he doesnt have anywhere near that value today.

Its likely that Lawrence will be worth more than, say, Denver's top 3-5 players (Whoever that may be) when he comes out in 2021. Its going to be a bloodbath if a team with a QB lands the #1 spot in 2021. But it wont be a team with a QB landing #1, because so many teams that year in need will blatantly tank. This is a talent that comes across every 10-12 years; Luck and Manning are probably the last two guys you can say that about.

Unless of course we read the tea leaves and trade him now for like the Patriots 2021 first, then Brady/Belicheck retire after 2019 so they are the worst in football in 2020. Boom we have #1 overall pick.

5 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

TBH, I prefer Haskins over Tua and Herbert at this moment. Not sure about Fromm though, but I don't think the 2020 QB class is going to be THAT much better than this year's class.

I believe it is more about the depth. The general consensus is Haskins, Tua, Herbert, Fromm (no order) then everyone else (not including Lawrence). So Haskins may be the best of the bunch, but then 2020 has 3 guys that are better than 2019 2nd best guy.

I love Lawrence but as ppl said he’s going to be targeted by every team and at 1.1.   2 years away you can’t plan for that.  And no pick you trade for guarantees even sniffing close to 1.1  2 years is too far away to predict what happens.   He is truly a special talent - Luck level for sure.   

54 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

I believe it is more about the depth. The general consensus is Haskins, Tua, Herbert, Fromm (no order) then everyone else (not including Lawrence). So Haskins may be the best of the bunch, but then 2020 has 3 guys that are better than 2019 2nd best guy.

Yup that’s the issue.  If Haskins had stayed it could have been argued no one in this year deserves a true Rd1 assessment in a vacuum.  No doubt 2 more guys likely go that early out of need this year (JAX & WAS in particular probably have no avenue but the draft to address QB this year, JAX is letting Bortles go & already in cap hell, while Alex Smith's cap hit and career-threatening injury makes getting an expensive 2nd QB via FA/trade really problematic, although who knows with Snyder & Bruce Allen lol).  Ironically at the developmental level it’s pretty deep and far better than last year for projects.  I’d expect 3-4 guys go in Rd3+ like Mason Rudolph & Kyle Lauretta did last year and a couple more well ahead of the JAX/NE picks that were true fliers. 

Edited by Broncofan

Arguably OT but if there is any position worth waiting to draft in 2020, its WR. That class is going to be absolutley stacked. I hope we sign a mid-level WR, draft a mid round guy and then wait until 2020 for a R1/R2 talent.

Right now I am all in on Daniel Jones #10, then CB/OT in R2 & R3 (Obviously I go BPA if someone slips, but the CB/OT depth at the top of R2 is very nice, OT depth last all the way to R3 IMO).

• Like 2