2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Well Wentz did hail from there 

Oh I know haha I’ve watched them dominate for the last decade.  I went to college at an FCS school and what they’ve been able to do is super impressive.  There’s multiple NFL caliber players on that roster.  I’m curious to hear your take on Stick because I do think he’s good but I don’t do any in depth analysis of players like you do, or nothing quite so good

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Oh I know haha I’ve watched them dominate for the last decade.  I went to college at an FCS school and what they’ve been able to do is super impressive.  There’s multiple NFL caliber players on that roster.  I’m curious to hear your take on Stick because I do think he’s good but I don’t do any in depth analysis of players like you do, or nothing quite so good

I’ll scout him tonight 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Let's be real: There was no way people named Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch were going to be NFL QBs. The batch of names this year is much stronger. Drew Lock feels like a strong QB name 

I disagree Lock is one letter off from having Andrew Lucks last name is first name is two letters away from Andrew. Maybe he's evil Andrew Luck. Or maybe he's sour Andrew Luck. 

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

Yep. Full game highlights. I chart throws and chart routes run and attempt to guess progressions on each play and analyze which coverage was played and all that jazz

I was super impressed with Jones against temple. His first throw was phenomenal.  Looks off a safety in the face off pressure then places a deep dime. 

I just hate how YouTube has ads now when you watch long videos lol

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I was super impressed with Jones against temple. His first throw was phenomenal.  Looks off a safety in the face off pressure then places a deep dime. 

I just hate how YouTube has ads now when you watch long videos lol

I like Jones a lot. I think this class is actually underrated but we will see.

In today's NFL, you don't have the luxury of "developing a QB." The vast majority of competitive teams are winning with a QB either on a rookie contract or significantly below market value. I think I read that 6 of the highest paid QBs aren't in the playoffs this year. That goes to show that having a young QB that plays immediately is the best path to a SB win. Not having that decreases your chances significantly. Not saying it's impossible, but the idea that in today's NFL you can draft someone and let him sit for 3 years and then he'll become effective would be a statistical anomaly (and that's putting it mildly).

Best recipe for success is having ample cap space, drafting a young QB and starting him early, and then using cap space as a weapon to absorb contracts of talented players (like the Rams are doing). Kansas City has also done a little bit of this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

In today's NFL, you don't have the luxury of "developing a QB." The vast majority of competitive teams are winning with a QB either on a rookie contract or significantly below market value. I think I read that 6 of the highest paid QBs aren't in the playoffs this year. That goes to show that having a young QB that plays immediately is the best path to a SB win. Not having that decreases your chances significantly. Not saying it's impossible, but the idea that in today's NFL you can draft someone and let him sit for 3 years and then he'll become effective would be a statistical anomaly (and that's putting it mildly).

Best recipe for success is having ample cap space, drafting a young QB and starting him early, and then using cap space as a weapon to absorb contracts of talented players (like the Rams are doing). Kansas City has also done a little bit of this. 

Jones May be the most ready made to start now. Haskins isn’t far behind and I think he has more physical talent to develop making him QB1 for me. I don’t think the learning curve will be as big for Haskins as some think. But Jones by far right now has shown the progression reading and technical aspects of playing QB to be vital to a team right away. 

6 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I think I read that 6 of the highest paid QBs aren't in the playoffs this year.

Yep - Rodgers, Ryan, Cousins, Garoppolo, Stafford and Carr - the six highest paid QBs.

Out of the top 10 - Brees and Luck made the play-offs (technically Flacco did as well, but on the bench). Rivers is the 14th highest paid. So 3/4 out of the 15 highest paid QBs.

Edited by jolly red giant