2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

BTW, if ppl want to get some video footage and a very indepth analysis, check out Thor Nystrom's RW piece on the QB draft class.  I like it because he backs it up with skills analysis, shows tape, and he's also willing to show BOTH the positive and negatives on players - because they can't all be great/worrisome.   And he does it indepth on all the guys we're looking at, and likely to go top 3 rounds (top 10 get a deep dive, and even includes 8 more after, less in-depth).  Highly recommended.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-qb-deep-dive?page=1

He's higher on Jones than I am, but he also points out the flaws that worry me - and he points out everything that terrifies me about Lock, and backs it up with historical comps and skill comps that are just downright sobering to consider at 1.10 (get him at 2.11, I can live with, but that's not happening in his QB-need driven era).    Although I still think it unlikely Haskins is there at 1.10, and Murray won't be, I enjoyed the analysis of those 2 (and it did help me feel better should Haskins fall into our lap, with only that 1 year of tape).

Like I've said before, if you gave Jones mental / processing skillset and toughness, and put in Lock's tools, you'd have a top-of-draft QB.   As it stands, I just cant' feel good about anyone in this QB class, although skill-wise, Haskins at least shows me the skills I want to see from the pocket.

Edited by Broncofan

5 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Here’s my bold prediction on this QB draft class. None of them will receive a second contract from the team that drafts them. 

Because you don’t think any of them will be good or do you think there will be a general movement away from handing out massive second contracts to QBs?

48 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Because you don’t think any of them will be good or do you think there will be a general movement away from handing out massive second contracts to QBs?

Kyler will have some success his rookie year, struggle/get injured his second and third year and both he and KK will be out of the league by 2022. 

Haskins, jones and lock will all be ok/solid starters who will get a 5th year, but much like Famous Jamis and Mariota will probably not get an extension by the team that drafted them.

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

BTW, if ppl want to get some video footage and a very indepth analysis, check out Thor Nystrom's RW piece on the QB draft class.  I like it because he backs it up with skills analysis, shows tape, and he's also willing to show BOTH the positive and negatives on players - because they can't all be great/worrisome.   And he does it indepth on all the guys we're looking at, and likely to go top 3 rounds (top 10 get a deep dive, and even includes 8 more after, less in-depth).  Highly recommended.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/nfl-draft-qb-deep-dive?page=1

He's higher on Jones than I am, but he also points out the flaws that worry me - and he points out everything that terrifies me about Lock, and backs it up with historical comps and skill comps that are just downright sobering to consider at 1.10 (get him at 2.11, I can live with, but that's not happening in his QB-need driven era).    Although I still think it unlikely Haskins is there at 1.10, and Murray won't be, I enjoyed the analysis of those 2 (and it did help me feel better should Haskins fall into our lap, with only that 1 year of tape).

Like I've said before, if you gave Jones mental / processing skillset and toughness, and put in Lock's tools, you'd have a top-of-draft QB.   As it stands, I just cant' feel good about anyone in this QB class, although skill-wise, Haskins at least shows me the skills I want to see from the pocket.

The best thing a QB can do, and I think it always has been.....but in today's football where DLs a getting faster...having a QB who can get rid of the ball quickly is key...in which case, Haskins makes the only sense.