๐Ÿˆ Week 11 3-6 TB vs 2-7 NYG

Jimmy Austin

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

hate to say it but I'm going to call it right now

Jones = huge bust

He's not good at doing what we're asking him to do. And he can't stay healthy.

But this year is pretty much a wash at this point. There's too much incompetence in coaching, at QB, and blocking to really get a feel for what he can and can't do.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

ย 

Koetter gonna ride Rodgers and Barber. ย Hope Peyton can stay healthy with his ankle because I think @bucsfan333ย can hit the hole faster then Rodgers at this point in his career. ย And how is Barber not a better option then Rodgers on 3rd down anyway? ย Barber has 9 receptions on the year, Rodgers 21. ย Kinspd of crazy the number 1 back can t get the ball more in the passing game when you have to believe the defense would be keying on the WRs running those vertical routes frequently.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's not good at doing what we're asking him to do. And he can't stay healthy.

But this year is pretty much a wash at this point. There's too much incompetence in coaching, at QB, and blocking to really get a feel for what he can and can't do.

The line is a terrible run blocking unit, so it must be playing havoc with his confidence in games.

Heโ€™s had the injury set back too, which isnโ€™t ย at all good for a player at his stage and canโ€™t ย have helped his development as a receiver/ blocker.

We need to get him some reps as a runner first and foremost, assess what we have with him and not read too much into the stat sheet because his stats will likely be garbage given the performance of the line.

It kinda reminds me of Cadillac in 2006 when Gruden continually told us that some of his 1 - 2 yard runs were some of his bestย from the year.ย 

28 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Koetter gonna ride Rodgers and Barber. ย Hope Peyton can stay healthy with his ankle because I think @bucsfan333ย can hit the hole faster then Rodgers at this point in his career. ย And how is Barber not a better option then Rodgers on 3rd down anyway? ย Barber has 9 receptions on the year, Rodgers 21. ย Kinspd of crazy the number 1 back can t get the ball more in the passing game when you have to believe the defense would be keying on the WRs running those vertical routes frequently.

I'd also slide at anything that resembled contact. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm not about to die.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

The line is a terrible run blocking unit, so it must be playing havoc with his confidence in games.

Heโ€™s had the injury set back too, which isnโ€™t ย at all good for a player at his stage and canโ€™t ย have helped his development as a receiver/ blocker.

We need to get him some reps as a runner first and foremost, assess what we have with him and not read too much into the stat sheet because his stats will likely be garbage given the performance of the line.

It kinda reminds me of Cadillac in 2006 when Gruden continually told us that some of his 1 - 2 yard runs were some of his bestย from the year.ย 

Yup. We've spent so much time trying to fix things that he doesn't do well. I wonder how much time we've spent working on improving the things he DOES do well. He's not a bad RB. He's just bad at what we're asking him to do.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Yup. We've spent so much time trying to fix things that he doesn't do well. I wonder how much time we've spent working on improving the things he DOES do well. He's not a bad RB. He's just bad at what we're asking him to do.

Agreed. This seems to few in to the negative vibes that we seem to put our there.

โ€Young player x needs to get better at ____โ€ reads a lot differently that โ€œYoung player x does ____ well and can contribute there while he develops ____โ€

2 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Agreed. This seems to few in to the negative vibes that we seem to put our there.

โ€Young player x needs to get better at ____โ€ reads a lot differently that โ€œYoung player x does ____ well and can contribute there while he develops ____โ€

Yeah. If we wanna get him involved early (which definitely seems to be the case), we could work him into the rotation more to run and be a playaction guy while he works on pass blocking and catching the ball. No need to just leave him inactive every week.

He's not gonna pull guys tugging on his jersey like Barber does. And he's not gonna lower his shoulder and consistently pick up yards up the middle. But we could give him power runs to the outside or counter plays to try to get him either the edge or a cutback lane while he works on all the other stuff.

There are ways to get him on the field and design plays to his strengths while he practices. And as he comes along in those other things, we can start utilizing him in other ways. It also sets up defenses that try to key on personnel.

Archived