šŸˆ Week 11 3-6 TB vs 2-7 NYG

Jimmy Austin

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. If we wanna get him involved early (which definitely seems to be the case), we could work him into the rotation more to run and be a playaction guy while he works on pass blocking and catching the ball. No need to just leave him inactive every week.

He's not gonna pull guys tugging on his jersey like Barber does. And he's not gonna lower his shoulder and consistently pick up yards up the middle. But we could give him power runs to the outside or counter plays to try to get him either the edge or a cutback lane while he works on all the other stuff.

There are ways to get him on the field and design plays to his strengths while he practices. And as he comes along in those other things, we can start utilizing him in other ways. It also sets up defenses that try to key on personnel.

Heā€™s a different type of back than Barber, definitely. Thereā€™s no reason we couldnā€™t run outside zone to take advantage of his speed, let him settle in and let him build confidence looking for the rollbacks.

Thereā€™sĀ so much we could have doneĀ to help him. Instead,Ā we constantly told him he needed to get better, asked him to do those thingsĀ during games and then sat him down the second he did something bad.

Just now, Buc Ball said:

Heā€™s a different type of back than Barber, definitely. Thereā€™s no reason we couldnā€™t run outside zone to take advantage of his speed, let him settle in and let him build confidence looking for the rollbacks.

Thereā€™sĀ so much we could have doneĀ to help him. Instead,Ā we constantly told him he needed to get better, asked him to do those thingsĀ during games and then sat him down the second he did something bad.

And it's not like we're a machine that constantly spits out wins and makes the playoffs. Every guy on this team sucks at something. There's no reason to single out anyone. Especially when we're starting guys like Benenoch. šŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Good points and if we can agree the oline needs 2 or 3 new starters because of their performance, how good can a RB perform. Ā @bucsfan333Ā mentioned watching tape of Jones at USC, how much of their running was stretch outside. Ā This oline cannot run block very well outside at all throughout the entire season.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Good points and if we can agree the oline needs 2 or 3 new starters because of their performance, how good can a RB perform. Ā @bucsfan333Ā mentioned watching tape of Jones at USC, how much of their running was stretch outside. Ā This oline cannot run block very well outside at all throughout the entire season.

Like all of them.Ā 

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Like all of them.Ā 

I wonder how much of the league views D Smith as a LT. Ā I think we 're going to find out because I doubt a new regime is going to franchise him. Ā I m okay with Marpet and Jensen. Ā Dotson is physically beaten down. Ā I don t even know how much better Dotson is then Ā Wester at this point. Ā There will be no changes besides injury this year. Ā Could #TossRight work in '19?

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

And it's not like we're a machine that constantly spits out wins and makes the playoffs. Every guy on this team sucks at something. There's no reason to single out anyone. Especially when we're starting guys like Benenoch. šŸ˜‚

Absolutely not. The culture installed by Koetter and his staff doesnā€™t appear to be a good one to be honest. It seems to focus on negative messaging and putting guys under pressure immediately.

Its the very antithesis of Bellichick, who literally brings players in, identified their strengths and plugs them into a very specific role which maximises thoseĀ strengths.Ā 

The sad thing is, thatā€™s basic common sense.Ā 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Donovan Smith is good in pass pro when he wants to be, but he looks lazy on film and heā€™s just bad at getting out to the second level. Imagine watching him run the track on stretch left? Heā€™s not getting the LB.

Marpet should be the only survivor tbh. Iā€™d expect 4 new starters and Iā€™d shift Marpet back to RG, where he was actually playing well before we started messing about with it for no reason.

Weā€™ve needed a draft focused on the oline for a long time, which 2015 aside, hasnā€™t happened since 2006.

31 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder how much of the league views D Smith as a LT. Ā I think we 're going to find out because I doubt a new regime is going to franchise him. Ā I m okay with Marpet and Jensen. Ā Dotson is physically beaten down. Ā I don t even know how much better Dotson is then Ā Wester at this point. Ā There will be no changes besides injury this year. Ā Could #TossRight work in '19?

Apparently he wants (or wanted) top LT money.

File that under ā€œthings that wonā€™t happenā€.

Archived