šŸˆ Week 11 3-6 TB vs 2-7 NYG

Jimmy Austin

10 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Donovan Smith is good in pass pro when he wants to be, but he looks lazy on film and heā€™s just bad at getting out to the second level. Imagine watching him run the track on stretch left? Heā€™s not getting the LB.

Marpet should be the only survivor tbh. Iā€™d expect 4 new starters and Iā€™d shift Marpet back to RG, where he was actually playing well before we started messing about with it for no reason.

Weā€™ve needed a draft focused on the oline for a long time, which 2015 aside, hasnā€™t happened since 2006.

We're stuck with Jensen for next year. And I'd pencil in Cappa for RT and bring in competition. Or keep Wester and Liedtke and have them a part of the competition.

I honestly think Benenoch would be ok at LG. He'd have help almost every snap. And he's good if he can get his hands on someone.

I'd also draft at least two olinemen.

Throw them all into the mess and start the last five standing. No rotations. No waiting on guys while garbage play starts in front of them.

Gimme something like:

Liedtke/Wester/Cappa/new guy-Benenoch/Cappa/Liedtke/new guy-Jensen-Marpet-Cappa/Wester/Liedtke/new guy

Cut the fat and move on. Jensen can go next year if he doesn't step up.

49 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I wonder how much of the league views D Smith as a LT. Ā I think we 're going to find out because I doubt a new regime is going to franchise him. Ā I m okay with Marpet and Jensen. Ā Dotson is physically beaten down. Ā I don t even know how much better Dotson is then Ā Wester at this point. Ā There will be no changes besides injury this year. Ā Could #TossRight work in '19?

USC also ran a lot of zone blocking. Which is good for cutback lanes. And that's a big part of what made Rojo so dangerous. He'd either get the edge or cut it back and be gone. He broke a lot of arm tackles.

Zone blocking is also what Le'Veon Bell ran behind in Pittsburgh. Not sayin', just sayin'.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

USC also ran a lot of zone blocking. Which is good for cutback lanes. And that's a big part of what made Rojo so dangerous. He'd either get the edge or cut it back and be gone. He broke a lot of arm tackles.

Zone blocking is also what Le'Veon Bell ran behind in Pittsburgh. Not sayin', just sayin'.

So you re saying Jones excels in a zone blocking scheme, but has an offensive line who doesnt t zone block. Ā Almost like the CB drafted a few years ago plays well in press, but constantly has been asked to play 8 yrs off the LOS. Ā Oh, I m sorry the former DC said he let his CBs had the freedom to line up where ever. Ā So is the player just stupid not knowing whereĀ he lines up best. Ā Or could the former DC may just be doing a little white lie?

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Thatā€™s at USC not the nfl. He also doesnā€™t seem to run hard either.Ā 

Also I wouldnā€™t touch leveon bell for that money. Not when Connor is almost replicating what heā€™s done.Ā 

30 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Thatā€™s at USC not the nfl. He also doesnā€™t seem to run hard either.Ā 

Also I wouldnā€™t touch leveon bell for that money. Not when Connor is almost replicating what heā€™s done.Ā 

Conner is outdoing what Bell did.Ā 

I don't really wanna pay Bell what he wants either. And we don't have a history of guaranteeing enough to match what he's gonna want.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Conner is outdoing what Bell did.Ā 

I don't really wanna pay Bell what he wants either. And we don't have a history of guaranteeing enough to match what he's gonna want.

Bell is as close to Faulk as I have seen as a dual threat. Ā Gurley is terrific, but can t run the route tree like Bell. Ā I would expect him with the Jets.

I m okay drafting another RB, round 3 or later. Ā I m not down on Jones or Barber, but I m assuming a new coaching staff won t be as vertical. Ā Having another RB who can run more routes then the current onesĀ I find beneficial. Ā Ā 

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think the biggest question can a team be in the playoff with D Smith playing LT and not on a rookie contract?

Not if he wants (and gets) that $16M he reportedly wants.

Maybe if he gets closer to $10M. But that puts us on the hook for a lotta money on an underperforming line. We're already doing that on the dline.

Archived