MNF game moved from Mexico to LA due to field conditions

Manny/Patrick

20 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

To be fair, it's not like the Rams, Chargers, or Jaguars have much of a local fan base.

I know watching the Chargers home game in London this season it seemed like there were more Chargers fans in the crowd than there usually is at Chargers "home" games at StubHub.

StubHub is a much smaller stadium than Wembley. Of course there will be less Chargers fans at StubHub

14 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

That field is totally destroyed. Makes sense that they're moving it.

Side thought... Webby, any thought into being able to "dislike" posts?

I doubt they would ever do that. Too many people would whine about having their posts disliked. 

19 minutes ago, Master of Suspense said:

StubHub is a much smaller stadium than Wembley. Of course there will be less Chargers fans at StubHub

I meant, of course, percentage wise. Chargers fans seem to always be outnumbered in their own stadium. I've watched the Rams have about even if not a little more than opposing fans.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m a big fan of the NFL, but I am not a fan of the London and Mexico crap. The league needs to cut it out, they are taking a home game away from a teams fan base when they play games overseas or in a place like Mexico.

Keep in mind that prior to JerryWorld opening, the 49ers-Cardinals game in 2005 at Azteca Stadium held the record for the single largest crowd for a regular season football game (103,467).

But yeah, @turtle28, you were not alone when you saw the picture of the field and thought "Hey, that looks like FedEx late in the season."

36 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I meant, of course, percentage wise. Chargers fans seem to always be outnumbered in their own stadium. I've watched the Rams have about even if not a little more than opposing fans.

The Rams are building a good base.

The coliseum is a big deterrent, and opposing fans won't be as numerous once the novelty of seeing their teams in person wears off.

Chargers might take a little longer but they will be able to build too. If the Clippers can build a fan base anyone can.

Archived