Week 11 GDT: Chiefs @ Rams

KC_Guy

And now into something completely different (tip to the hat to our US friends if they recognize that one):

Chiefs @ Rams officially moved back to LA:

Adam SchefterVerifizierter Account @AdamSchefter

Monday night’s Chiefs-Rams game now is being moved from Mexico City to Los Angeles due to poor field conditions in Estadio Azteca, per sources. Back to LA for the Rams, who have been training for altitude in Colorado Springs.

It's the right decision. I don't want to risk any injury of a player due to bad field conditions. It's good that we decided to stay in KC to prepare for the game and didn't change any routine in that regard. The Rams just went to Colorado to train for the height in Mexico City. Maybe they would have been forced to move somewhere else to train, due to the fire in LA that might influence the air condition, but moving to Colorado isn't probably the perfect move for them to prepare for the game now that it's going to be played in LA. Playing in LA might be a bigger disadvantage for us in general, but we'll see. The matchup is going to be exciting either way.

8 minutes ago, Edge said:

It's the right decision. I don't want to risk any injury of a player due to bad field conditions. It's good that we decided to stay in KC to prepare for the game and didn't change any routine in that regard. The Rams just went to Colorado to train for the height in Mexico City. Maybe they would have been forced to move somewhere else to train, due to the fire in LA that might influence the air condition, but moving to Colorado isn't probably the perfect move for them to prepare for the game now that it's going to be played in LA. Playing in LA might be a bigger disadvantage for us in general, but we'll see. The matchup is going to be exciting either way.

Yeah the Rams are forced to travel now, that's about the only advantage you get from a LA game is not traveling. But maybe the clean air and training in thin air will be worth it? 

Honestly weather it was Mexico or LA I think the out come will be the same...if they were going to KC that would be huge for you guys. You have one of the best places to play by far.

Chiefs fan in San Diego - was all set to attend this game (booked hotel yesterday) so devastated by the news.

Received an email from vividseats stating that they would be refunding me the game tickets in 3 to 5 business days.

Seems fishy that they didn't move the game to Estado Olympoci Universitario stadium - it's also in Mexico City and seats 72K.  Finally an International game between two legit teams and it gets moved back states side. 

Still going to Mexico City and not watching the game.

2 minutes ago, footballfan81 said:

Chiefs fan in San Diego - was all set to attend this game (booked hotel yesterday) so devastated by the news.

Received an email from vividseats stating that they would be refunding me the game tickets in 3 to 5 business days.

Seems fishy that they didn't move the game to Estado Olympoci Universitario stadium - it's also in Mexico City and seats 72K.  Finally an International game between two legit teams and it gets moved back states side. 

Sucks, but Mexico seems to be worth a trip even without a game. My father spent 2 weeks there businesswise a while ago - really enjoyed it.

14 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Sucks, but Mexico seems to be worth a trip even without a game. My father spent 2 weeks there businesswise a while ago - really enjoyed it.

Yeah, def still going.  Living in San Diego, I go to Tijuana all the time, but Mexico City is a trip I wouldn't pass up on.

Feel bad for Mexican fans since they were finally getting a marquee match up.

10 hours ago, footballfan81 said:

I'm sorry for you. Obviously it sucks for every fan that wanted to attend the game in Mexico City. Especially for the ones, who just wanted to see the game and didn't wanted to stay there for a few more days, also because they likely just get the refund for the tickets, but not for anything more. I hope you can still enjoy it there.

Archived