Vikings @ Bears GDT

Nads786

I've been a member since 2005 and I'm pretty sure this is my first GDT. I'm really hoping this is a lucky charm of sorts.

The Bears are 6-3 and favored by 3 points against a evenly balanced Vikings team with a new QB and new OC.  The Bears are coming off a dominating game over the Lions resulting in a blow out much larger than the final score indicates. 

10Gawd had a near perfect game and was dialed in from the start. Can he build on this momentum and shred a top 10 Vikings defense that is starting to figure it out?

I have on idea if the Vikings OL is any good, but if Mack has his way I can see a couple fumbles from Cousins. 

Fun Fact- Cousins is from Barrington so he should throw a couple of picks to his favorite team growing up. 

Bears 27-23 in a evenly matched game that's decided in the fourth quarter. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

You know you make it hard to hate a division rival. Vikings fans here don't seem very douchey, hence hating the Packers and Lions is way easier.  Lol

The Vikings fans seem to be a more level headed and informed group. The Packers fans, in large part, are pretty sad (but that's not universal). The Lions fans, at the moment, seem to be on suicide watch--so I'm not going to mess with them right now. 

I picked the Bears to lose this one but win in week 17. Which could decide the division. If the Bears lose this game and the Vikes beat the Packers next week, the division probably gets decided in week 17. If the Packers win next week, then the division most likely comes down to Bears/Packers on week 15.

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

It’s that whole “Minnesota nice” thing.

I'm from southern IL, surrounded by farmland. Minnesota is America's 'New Canada' as far as I know.

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

The Vikings fans seem to be a more level headed and informed group. The Packers fans, in large part, are pretty sad (but that's not universal). The Lions fans, at the moment, seem to be on suicide watch--so I'm not going to mess with them right now. 

Agreed. They aren't in the CAR, AZ or ATL level, which their subforums are effectively like the elephant graveyards of the forums. We have more posts in the "Checking in with Trubisky" and "NFC North" threads than they do in the entire ATL or AZ forums.

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Likewise.  I’ve got nothing to back it up, just like you said - gut feeling.

I'm oddly confident we will win this one, so I'm in pretty unusual territory here. Could either be from good deduction or might end up being one of those "that won't happen to me" stories come to life, but I feel like we win this one handily then MIN gets revenge later. Cousins is 1 for 4 in games he throws for 300+ yards, so the obvious solution is to let them get a few really long passes early so we can seal the game up. That's how this works, right?

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Likewise.  I’ve got nothing to back it up, just like you said - gut feeling.

Programmed negativity as defense mechanism for crushing disappointment.

Shake it.  Any game can be lost, but no reason to think they are going to lose. Teams are evenly matched right now, but Bears arrow is pointing up.

Always remember in greater scheme these games are meaningless.  Just have fun and don't get too high or too low.

Incredibly important game. Whoever wins this one has the NFC North by the neck, and barring injury, I'd expect them to make the playoffs.

This seems like a toss-up to me, and I'm kind of surprised the Bears are getting the edge in Vegas.

Can't make a prediction as they're a very good match if you line up all the position groups.

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

You know you make it hard to hate a division rival. Vikings fans here don't seem very douchey, hence hating the Packers and Lions is way easier.  Lol

Always thought the exact same thing about this board haha.

Going in to this three-game division stretch I was eyeing up going 2-1. It'll be tough to go 3-0 with the very quick turnaround to Thanksgiving. If we can come out of this little run at 7-4 we're in a good spot, if we can manage to come up with one of those two wins against Minnesota then we're in a great spot.

I believe. Bears win 24-20.

Archived