Vikings @ Bears GDT

Nads786

I've been pessimistic about this team because I've been wanting them to prove to me who they are. Early on in the season (GB, MIA) I thought they didn't know how to win/close out games. With our backs against the wall we win 3 straight in a row and are sitting in first place of the NFC North through week 10. Think about that.

Now we get a game flexed to SNF, the team is excited about it because it means the world will be watching. Does anyone think they're going to **** the bed? I don't. Bears come out and make a statement.

Bears - 34
Vikings - 17

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Incredibly important game. Whoever wins this one has the NFC North by the neck, and barring injury, I'd expect them to make the playoffs.

This seems like a toss-up to me, and I'm kind of surprised the Bears are getting the edge in Vegas.

Can't make a prediction as they're a very good match if you line up all the position groups.

Vegas gives 3 to home team.  A 3 pt. spread means it’s even. 

10 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Pulled this from the Vikings board:

WTF is this guy even talking about!? WAR??  Is this some new made up stat by the IT nerds of PFF?  Anyone who knows a damn about football and who has watched Mitch play this year would agree that he has gotten progressively better as the season has gone and is far from the worst starting QBs in the league in terms of throwing the football.  I mean he absolutely killed it last week against the Lions.  Seems like the media and most significantly PFF have some huge bias against Trubisky.  But haters gonna hate I guess. 

Too much decency going on here and I won't stand it. Not all of us Vikings fans are good people, and I'm a prime example. I hope you guys to to bed Sunday night, frustrated with the results of the game and I specifically hope that @Sugashane and @Tyty suffer the inconvenience of wet and uncomfortable socks for the remainder of the week.

You're going down boys!

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bears have the better secondary, linebackers, RB’s, and OL. MIN’s DL is better as a whole. Trubisky and Cousins are playing equal. The Vikings’ two top receivers are better but the Bears, imo, are deeper there. 

Bears 27-23

Disagree with the two bolded parts.  If anything Bears secondary is on par, but not better, with the Vikings who have two big time players in Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes.

I also think Bears defensive front is better than Vikings.  Mack > Griffen, Hicks > Richardson, Goldman > Joseph.  Only exception is Hunter is better than Floyd at this point.

Either way the defenses are both solid and I think it will come down to which offense performs better.  I have to give the advantage to the Bears for being at home here, a place where the Vikings typically struggle.  It's also going to be a cold night in Chicago.  This is prime Bears weather.

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

WTF is this guy even talking about!? WAR??  Is this some new made up stat by the IT nerds of PFF?  Anyone who knows a damn about football and who has watched Mitch play this year would agree that he has gotten progressively better as the season has gone and is far from the worst starting QBs in the league in terms of throwing the football.  I mean he absolutely killed it last week against the Lions.  Seems like the media and most significantly PFF have some huge bias against Trubisky.  But haters gonna hate I guess. 

It is bizarre, its as if everyone is against the man...and what I cant figure out is why...??

20 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Too much decency going on here and I won't stand it. Not all of us Vikings fans are good people, and I'm a prime example. I hope you guys to to bed Sunday night, frustrated with the results of the game and I specifically hope that @Sugashane and @Tyty suffer the inconvenience of wet and uncomfortable socks for the remainder of the week.

You're going down boys!

Considering I’m still on my same pair of socks from September it’s pretty much a guarantee already 

Vikings 23

Bears 21

I think we see the difference between a team that is ascending [Bears] and one that has more experience at the top [Vikings]. I think the Bears are a little too inconsistent and will make a few too many mistakes to win this.

For the Bears to win Mack or Trubisky need to go off and have a great game.

49 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They have graded him negatively in every game he had a passer rating over 100, including against the bucs and lions.

47 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

They have graded him negatively in every game he had a passer rating over 100, including against the bucs and lions.

Bucs and Lions negative grades.  SMH  

What could you do better? Throw a TD every play? 

Lies, damn lies and PFF grades.  

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Bucs and Lions negative grades.  SMH  

QB play doesn't really improve from what Mitch did last week. He's the NCF Player of the Week, for Flying Spaghetti Monster's sake, yet they're equating him with Peterman. 

Some of the narrative surrounding him is changing, though. Here's the write-up on NFL.com regarding his award this week:

"Trubisky's Bears throttled the division-rival Lions thanks to the quarterback's season-best 76.7 completion percentage and 355 passing yards. Trubisky was responsible for four touchdowns, including three in the first half. This is the ascendant second-year stud's first Player of the Week honor and likely the first of many."

Archived