Vikings @ Bears GDT

Nads786

Lombardi saying Lions game was unimpressive just shows stupid or stubborn  people will stick to their take through thick and thin.  Just wait until MN game he says, then we'll see how terrible he really is. Okay lets say he has a bad game this weekend, that means the Lions game was bad?  It means he is a bust that won't make team in near future? That makes no sense.  Are these not NFL games? Not like it's AL playing AL State. Are Bears not 6-3 with close losses?   If he has a good game goal posts will move again or credit will belong to others. 

Some people have this fantasy that their listeners or readers think they are infallible geniuses or should think that. Its okay to be wrong or change your mind on something. God forbid.  

Remember when Tribune had 3 full pages of why Tiger couldn't win his first Masters because he lacked experience? Then he won by like 17 strokes or something.

Keith Jackson was asked why he doesn't make predictions. He replied that it was because it was fastest way possible to make yourself look like a damn fool. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Too much decency going on here and I won't stand it. Not all of us Vikings fans are good people, and I'm a prime example. I hope you guys to to bed Sunday night, frustrated with the results of the game and I specifically hope that @Sugashane and @Tyty suffer the inconvenience of wet and uncomfortable socks for the remainder of the week.

You're going down boys!

I hope you have to be in Minnesota when all is said and done

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Too much decency going on here and I won't stand it. Not all of us Vikings fans are good people, and I'm a prime example. I hope you guys to to bed Sunday night, frustrated with the results of the game and I specifically hope that @Sugashane and @Tyty suffer the inconvenience of wet and uncomfortable socks for the remainder of the week.

You're going down boys!

Die in a fire!

Wait, don't die. But get burned!

No, don't get burned.  

Be mildly uncomfortable too close to a fire!

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Lombardi saying Lions game was unimpressive just shows stupid or stubborn  people will stick to their take through thick and thin.  Just wait until MN game he says, then we'll see how terrible he really is. Okay lets say he has a bad game this weekend, that means the Lions game was bad?  It means he is a bust that won't make team in near future? That makes no sense.  Are these not NFL games? Not like it's AL playing AL State. Are Bears not 6-3 with close losses?   If he has a good game goal posts will move again or credit will belong to others. 

Some people have this fantasy that their listeners or readers think they are infallible geniuses or should think that. Its okay to be wrong or change your mind on something. God forbid.  

Remember when Tribune had 3 full pages of why Tiger couldn't win his first Masters because he lacked experience? Then he won by like 17 strokes or something.

Keith Jackson was asked why he doesn't make predictions. He replied that it was because it was fastest way possible to make yourself look like a damn fool. 

Meh, who cares though?

Mitch was easy to pick on as he's had some real bad throws this that just look terrible on replay.  See one of those, and combine that with the lead the Bears loast in the GB game, plus some lackluster stats in games like the Bills and it's a low-effort lob to call him bad and get some clicks.

We watch every second of every game and still had/have serious concerns about Mitch, although damned if he doesn't answer them all game by game so far this season.  A real critical evaluation of Mitch needs to have nuance, an udnerstanding of where he's at in a tricky offense, an honest assessment of his progress and most of all an understanding that a QB is going to develop over time and have ups and downs. That **** is hard! It takes time. Frankly I wouldn't expect any of that-positive or negative-from a national media guy who doesn't have time to follow the Bears every game. 

And none of it matters;  I am loving this season and watching the Bears get good and innovative, and when I want to talk about it I chat with my bourbon neighbor or on here. 

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

we want to plunder your nice things.

Well ******* mission accomplished sir, frankly driving through Minneapolis is like going to a weird fever dream version of the north side of Chicago.  I lost my **** when I passed the uptown theater and green mill (hint, they're arranged wrong) and -bam!-there's uncommon ground. 

If you're from Chicago and you haven't seen the weird part of MSP that is a Chicago ripoff, you're lucky.  It's all actually perfectly nice when you get there, but the weird factor is off the charts.  It's like going to Asia and seeing all the knockoff products in a street stall, just weird weird weird. 

I really like your town, state and football fans, but you've got about a hundred hours to go get bent

41 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Lombardi is just trolling if he actually said that Mitch was unimpressive against Detroit last Sunday.  His throws were on point and he was dicing up that defense all day.  Don't feed the trolls.

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

You're going down boys!

U SOB!

I hope you see several 'push' doors that look like 'pull' doors this week.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Considering I’m still on my same pair of socks from September it’s pretty much a guarantee already 

In my head I saw you throw Dobby the sock, who refused to touch it and chose to stay a slave instead.

tumblr_nwy5s4dxgm1sfmnojo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Lombardi is just trolling if he actually said that Mitch was unimpressive against Detroit last Sunday.  His throws were on point and he was dicing up that defense all day.  Don't feed the trolls.

He said all the Detroit throws were easy ones to wide open receivers.  

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Disagree with the two bolded parts.  If anything Bears secondary is on par, but not better, with the Vikings who have two big time players in Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes.

I also think Bears defensive front is better than Vikings.  Mack > Griffen, Hicks > Richardson, Goldman > Joseph.  Only exception is Hunter is better than Floyd at this point.

Either way the defenses are both solid and I think it will come down to which offense performs better.  I have to give the advantage to the Bears for being at home here, a place where the Vikings typically struggle.  It's also going to be a cold night in Chicago.  This is prime Bears weather.

I’m not counting Mack as a DL. I’m counting him as a LB because that’s what he is. Hicks is awesome but in terms of the Bears down 3 linemen and the Vikings down 4 linemen, I’m taking Richardson, Griffen, Hunter and Joseph over Nichols, Goldman and Hicks any day.

Smith is really good but Rhodes, despite being good, racks up a ton of penalties. I think the Bears safety tandem is better and I think the Bears corners are better because Trae Waynes stinks.

Archived