Redskins Waive Holsey

THESKINSFAN21

This sucks, perhaps he isn’t able to play bc of his foot injury.

What are we going to do w/o Mack Brown? Lol jk

Umm and yeah, with Norman likely gone next year we’re going to need to sign a good but not overly expensive vet or draft another corner in round 1 or 2 to replace Norman, if he is cut.

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don’t understand what the deal is with Perine? I think the kid is loaded with talent but they simply won’t play him and it doesn’t make sense to keep him. 

I think it makes sense to keep him because he’ll be a reliable back up to Guice and may be our starter to start next  season if Peterson isn’t re-signed and if Guice isn’t 100%. I think this is why they want to keep him and he’s Peterson insurance.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:34 PM, lavar703 said:

I just don’t understand what the deal is with Perine? I think the kid is loaded with talent but they simply won’t play him and it doesn’t make sense to keep him. 

I agree. I'd like to see Perine get at least a series or two a game . I think he can be good. He also proved to be decent as a receiver out of the backfield last year. Very frustrating. 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:13 AM, RSkinGM said:

I agree. I'd like to see Perine get at least a series or two a game . I think he can be good. He also proved to be decent as a receiver out of the backfield last year. Very frustrating. 

Bibbs is playing well and is a better option as a receiver which is needed because of CTs injury.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, turtle28 said:

Bibbs is playing well and is a better option as a receiver which is needed because of CTs injury.

To be perfectly honest, I think the Redskins would be better off parking Thompson on IR and just rolling with Bibbs. Use the roster spot gained to bring in another lineman or Holsey or one of the schmuck QBs they're apparently going to be looking at today.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

To be perfectly honest, I think the Redskins would be better off parking Thompson on IR and just rolling with Bibbs. Use the roster spot gained to bring in another lineman or Holsey or one of the schmuck QBs they're apparently going to be looking at today.

I see your point, but I think that he’s not far off from returning, either Thursday or next week.

What they should’ve done is IR’d Holsey or Trey Quinn for the season just like they did with Sims. 

That way they could’ve IR’d Crowder with his ankle injury - with designation for return - and had that roster spot the last 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I see your point, but I think that he’s not far off from returning, either Thursday or next week.

What they should’ve done is IR’d Holsey or Trey Quinn for the season just like they did with Sims. 

That way they could’ve IR’d Crowder with his ankle injury - with designation for return - and had that roster spot the last 5 weeks.

Well, they would have had Crowder for only the final two weeks of the season then (and that was before they activated Quinn).

Sufficed to say, I'm not totally thrilled with their IR usage this season.

Archived