Aaron Rodgers Doesn't Care About Running Backs (Targeting them in passing game)

MacReady

14 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm just gonna leave this here and leave it at that.

While what you posted about Rodgers wanting to give Jones more opportunities is true, it's not what the OP is talking about.  He's talking about "throws" to the running backs, not touches in general.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

While what you posted about Rodgers wanting to give Jones more opportunities is true, it's not what the OP is talking about.  He's talking about "throws" to the running backs, not touches in general.

I didn't even read his post -- just read the title, rolled my eyes and posted that. lol. 

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I didn't even read his post -- just read the title, rolled my eyes and posted that. lol. 

Your post did get me thinking though - we had Montgomery back there for a long time to generate an adequate sample-size to see that he wasn't targeted with throws from Rodgers as much as I thought they would when they transitioned him to RB. 

9 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

"Aaron Rodgers Doesn't Care About Running Backs"

:ph34r:

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

"Aaron Rodgers Doesn't Care About Running Backs"

:ph34r:

And in the first paragraphs the OP talk about "throws" to the running backs, but yes, the thread title will throw off people who don't read the post.  Funny how that works.

Great job with the statistics, that definitely takes time to compile. I would be interested to see if the rest of the NFL has trended this way. It's somewhat simple to see why the Packers went away from it. The Packers fielded a robust group of elite pass catchers during Rodgers time. Makes sense for them hog a fair share of the targets.

I also think your title is click bait and really isn't correct.

Warren Sharp at Sharp football wrote a lengthy and stat-filled post about this very topic ( The Packers need to throw to the RB's more ! )
His take was that throwing to RBs on first down is the easiest and best way to stay ahead of the chains - because the RB will always be matched up with an inferior athlete and he has has a two-way go on most routes. He also went on to note that it's a possession-style of offense that keeps the defense on the sidelines longer

I can't say that I buy what he's selling, but he did a good job of laying out his reasons and why he thinks GB offense is missing out by not doing it more frequently

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

And in the first paragraphs the OP talk about "throws" to the running backs, but yes, the thread title will throw off people who don't read the post.  Funny how that works.

I mean for sure -- but in all fairness, the title of the thread is what I was targeting with my post. If the title throws people off from the context of the actual post, then maybe the title should be changed? 

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I mean for sure -- but in all fairness, the title of the thread is what I was targeting with my post. If the title throws people off from the context of the actual post, then maybe the title should be changed? 

But wait, we already established that you didn't read the post, LOL, so for those of us that did, we understood the content and the title was irrelevant.  That being said - yes - the title should have added, "throwing to RB's" and that would appease the masses.

The downfield offense is superior when firing on all cylinders. The cylinders haven't been firing in... quite awhile.

I wish we would start the season more possession focused and build to a downfield offense. I think this would make our offense more lethal both early season and late. Gives us two identities to pick from in important games where one might be taken away. Also allows for the offense to get a groove earlier.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

But wait, we already established that you didn't read the post, LOL, so for those of us that did, we understood the content and the title was irrelevant.  That being said - yes - the title should have added, "throwing to RB's" and that would appease the masses.

haha exactly! Make it for users like me who don't care to read the posts of "Aaron Rodgers depreciation thread" or "Aaron Rodgers doesn't care about RBs"! It's all about the masses! lol.

Archived