Could James O' Shaunessey become our go to TE..

chrishill1122

11 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

yeah let's bring in the one QB who turns the ball over more than Bortles

I think he'd be less prone to hero ball with a better defense. Yes, he's a gunslinger, but I don't think that's really a bad thing. IMO, you'd be buying low on a guy who still has franchise QB ability.

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think he'd be less prone to hero ball with a better defense. Yes, he's a gunslinger, but I don't think that's really a bad thing. IMO, you'd be buying low on a guy who still has franchise QB ability.

I mean, when he's not being completely awful, Bortles can do a lot of the same stuff as Jameis too. While also being a substantially more respectable human being. But that doesn't mean he's still got "franchise QB upside". 

That whole, "better defense + running game will fix a lot of problems" is the exact same mentality they applied to Bortles. And well...yeah. Mixed results at best. 

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, when he's not being completely awful, Bortles can do a lot of the same stuff as Jameis too. While also being a substantially more respectable human being. But that doesn't mean he's still got "franchise QB upside". 

That whole, "better defense + running game will fix a lot of problems" is the exact same mentality they applied to Bortles. And well...yeah. Mixed results at best. 

You can say that about any QB. The sticking point between guys who can start and guys who can't is how often they're awful. Say what you will about Jameis, but he is awful a lot less than Bortles is. 

18 hours ago, pwny said:

I don’t want Jameis if for no other reason than he’s a pretty worthless person and I’d rather not that be the face of the team I root for.

I'd walk in to the ocean if my QB made that eating W's speech

22 hours ago, Tugboat said:

you also forgot the difference of who can run better. 

4 hours ago, Jags said:

Can someone do a stats comparison between Jameis and Bortles? 

I will. What time frame do you want for the comparison? My charting for Bortles dates back to when Olson was fired and I can expand or decrease that if you want. 

Archived