Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

Not a good day for my Stags, that's 10 games in a row without a victory over Accrington, we just can't beat them no matter what we try. Apparently the boys were all over them for 70 minutes but then just packed it in. 

Cardiff and Ipswich are the only two sides left with a 100% record in the Championship and look who the managers are. Old pros at this level. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41010587

Mansfield Town have signed striker Kane Hemmings from League One club Oxford United on a season-long loan.

The 25-year-old scored 15 goals in 54 appearances for the U's last season, but has not played a game this term.

The Stags say the deal contains an option to agree a permanent move.

Huge signing for Stags. 

Rangol, Hemmings, Rose as our first 3 strikers. 

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41014149

Not sure of the nomenclature of the agreement, but would be surprised if Barça have any legal ground in this. 

They absolutely don't. It's definitely ****ty by Neymar but he fulfilled what he was contractually obligated to do to get his money. Barca are handling this so poorly, it makes them look so bad and really it would benefit the team if they just moved on and worked on filling that Neymar sized hole in the squad. 

10 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

They absolutely don't. It's definitely ****ty by Neymar but he fulfilled what he was contractually obligated to do to get his money. Barca are handling this so poorly, it makes them look so bad and really it would benefit the team if they just moved on and worked on filling that Neymar sized hole in the squad. 

I have a long standing hatred of Real and Barca. This just compunds my feelings. The player left, move on. Can you imagine if every team bitched and moaned when any of their players got sold.

17 minutes ago, kempus said:

I have a long standing hatred of Real and Barca. This just compunds my feelings. The player left, move on. Can you imagine if every team bitched and moaned when any of their players got sold.

Yeah it is kind of baffling. They obviously went through a lot to sign him but he didn't do anything he wasn't entitled to. If they were that worried they should have offered him a new contract with a higher buyout clause. I read some article that stated every buy out clause for Real Madrid's starting XI is over 500m, Barca only have to look in the mirror if they want someone to be upset with. 

I hope (and it should temporarily) make it harder for them to sign players. I wouldn't want to play for a team like that. Now it probably won't have a big effect but if I am faced with a choice and similar salary between United, Real, and Barca I would choose the others over Barca in a heartbeat 

20 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Another draw. 15 signings, no matter how talented take time to gel. 

Yup. That amount of signings is going to make it incredibly difficult to get a style of play and cohesion about the squad. Hopefully it's not too late by the time they do.