Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

41 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

now we see how many of these players we can keep through next season. honestly if we only keep Grealish, I'll be happy. that's the one that'll sting if he's sold

I don't think he'll stay.

Get rid of the old guys and let the next gen boys play.

On 26/05/2018 at 8:16 PM, DTMW78 said:

I don't think he'll stay.

Get rid of the old guys and let the next gen boys play.

I think next season will be a reality check for Villa. They are losing money hand over fist right now with their wage bill, even if the owner is happy to continue the FL will clamp down.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

I think next season will be a reality check for Villa. They are losing money hand over fist right now with their wage bill, even if the owner is happy to continue the FL will clamp down.

It's got to be a full rebuild in my opinion. That backline that started in the Playoff final was ancient and the likes of Snodgrass and Jedinak arent getting any younger. I could definitely see Grealish going and that would leave them with very little. They gambled on experience getting them up and unfortunately they failed and are stuck with an expensive and aging squad. 

12 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

It's got to be a full rebuild in my opinion. That backline that started in the Playoff final was ancient and the likes of Snodgrass and Jedinak arent getting any younger. I could definitely see Grealish going and that would leave them with very little. They gambled on experience getting them up and unfortunately they failed and are stuck with an expensive and aging squad. 

They have a few decent players but they're quickly resembling a championship side.

Lansbury, Hogan, Hourihane etc are very much suited to this level.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

They have a few decent players but they're quickly resembling a championship side.

Lansbury, Hogan, Hourihane etc are very much suited to this level.

Yeah there really aren't a lot of star players to build around, especially if Grealish goes. Adomah is a good player but hes 30 and not a Premier League player either. 

20 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah there really aren't a lot of star players to build around, especially if Grealish goes. Adomah is a good player but hes 30 and not a Premier League player either. 

Their owner has basically come out and said they need to cut costs now to fall in line with FFP.

Just now, kempus said:

Lampard is the new Debry manager. That came out of the blue.

Weird one for sure. I actually quite like Lampard but I dont have high hopes that this works out well. Derby arent very patient with managers and Lampard doesnt even have any experience as an assistant. Seems like a weird roll of the dice from a side that finished in the playoff spots.

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Their owner has basically come out and said they need to cut costs now to fall in line with FFP.

Once those parachute payments run out it's a scary time. Going up was such a relief for us because we'd have likely been in a similar situation and our window probably would have shut. 

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Weird one for sure. I actually quite like Lampard but I dont have high hopes that this works out well. Derby arent very patient with managers and Lampard doesnt even have any experience as an assistant. Seems like a weird roll of the dice from a side that finished in the playoff spots.

It makes way more sense for Lampard than Derby.

Derby are a playoff calibre side year in year out and have one of the larger budgets in the league, for sure he will have sought guarantees around funds etc before signing up.

For Derby it's strange, Neil Warnock has just proven experience can be key in that division unless you have Ruben Neves in midfield. I hope they smash Stoke though.

39 minutes ago, drd23 said:

This story probably deserves more press than it seems to be getting

The club is technically bankrupt now. The lose of these players has driven their assets way down and effected their bottom line, its incredible. The players made the right choice the ultras and president are the ones to blame. William Carvalho being able to walk away is astounding, the figures being quoted for him over the last three years or so were so high.