LeeEvans

Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

Stags are 2-5-1

If you're a betting man put money on either:

1-1 result

Mansfield HT/Draw FT

Over 1.5 goals

Smh

Woooo I finally have my own local club to support. The Michigan Bucks are relocating from Pontiac to Flint after more than 15 years of operation in Pontiac. We have a great stadium for them to play in (11,000 seat Atwood Stadium) and hopefully we can get some great local support like DCFC has in Detroit. 

They are probably one of the most successful lower league soccer clubs in recent history too. 11 US open cup qualifications(including a cup win over the New England Revolution) , 11 divisional championships, and 3 national titles. 

I am beyond excited :D

How do you have a USL 2 but no USL 1?

Will there be promotion and relegation?

Mansfield are unbeaten in 9.

4 wins and 5 draws.

3 points outside the playoffs with a game in hand.

9 hours ago, UKTexans said:

How do you have a USL 2 but no USL 1?

Will there be promotion and relegation?

USL 2 is currently the u23 league for the USL. The speculation is that the move from Pontiac to Flint (to a bigger stadium and Market) is a precursor to a move to USL League One, which is the 2nd division of the current USL and its set to begin play in 2019. So the pyramid right now in US soccer would look like this starting in 2019, with the Flint based team starting in USL 2 with the hopes of joining USL League One. There is no current promotion relegation system in place but its been rumored that the USL wants to incorporate it for its top 2 leagues.

MLS

USL

USL League One 

USL 2 

Edit: Here's some more info about he USL https://www.uslsoccer.com//unitedforsoccer

Edited by Imarobot