Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Yeah really hate the dude

I don't know if telling Nuno Holy Spirit to eff off was worse or his post match press conference about foreigners not having class. 

Mitro the hero did it again and we beat Sheffield Wed 1-0, the press is squarely on Cardiff now, hopefully the lose their heads just like their manager. 

Barca out of the CL and Liverpool to the semis?

All news that doesn't matter because Fulham are into second! Cardiff still have a game in hand but we've got goal difference. We just gone undefeated for 20 straight matches. Absolutely brilliant all around. 

Thank you Aston Villa!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Barca out of the CL and Liverpool to the semis?

All news that doesn't matter because Fulham are into second! Cardiff still have a game in hand but we've got goal difference. We just gone undefeated for 20 straight matches. Absolutely brilliant all around. 

Thank you Aston Villa!

Hope to see you back in the Prem!

Stoke and Southampton potentially relegated, and our London neighbor back - I'm down!

You guys are too big of a club anyways to be stuck in the lower division.

8 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

Hope to see you back in the Prem!

Stoke and Southampton potentially relegated, and our London neighbor back - I'm down!

You guys are too big of a club anyways to be stuck in the lower division.

Definitely don't think we're too big of a club, especially compared to the likes of Southampton but we did have a good run in Premier League for a while. 

I'm shocked we've managed to rebound and challenge to get back in the Premier League, we had a couple of bad first years after relegation and I thought we'd definitely end up down in League One. The last two seasons have been a lot of fun though, much more fun than parking the bus against the top six. 

Definitely don't think we're too big of a club, especially compared to the likes of Southampton but we did have a good run in Premier League for a while. 

I'm shocked we've managed to rebound and challenge to get back in the Premier League, we had a couple of bad first years after relegation and I thought we'd definitely end up down in League One. The last two seasons have been a lot of fun though, much more fun than parking the bus against the top six. 

Yeah, at one point I thought that it would take years to even get back into the Championship when it looked like you we're about to be relegated, so it's a surprise welcome to see that things are on the up again.

While it's obviously more difficult to enjoy football when you're fighting your life in the Premier league, it's still the place where you want to be!

3 hours ago, viks4life said:

And this kid was rotting on Porto's bench, ugh. I'm still so pissed about the way we treated him.

Hell of a goal. His free kick against Cardiff was great too. Grealish against Cardiff yesterday was quite good as well. 

Nuno has done a very good job with Wolves though. It's not just the big money signings that are flourishing either. 

27 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

What a banger.

Sometimes I catch a Championship game or two on my TV, and then I slowly come to the realization that I'm enjoying it more than some of Europe's top 5 leagues.

It seems to me like the lower you go in the league the closer it gets back to what the sport should be about. The Premier League feels almost too clean, while the lower leagues feel more like a communal and close knit. 

I watch some League One and League Two games from time to time and the atmosphere is just brilliant. I love the stadiums that have fans right next to the pitch and you can feel the people in the stadium through the TV. 

I can only imagine what it's like in person if that's what your'e getting through the tv. I've said before that I've enjoyed the Championship, it feels like a breath of fresh air at times. I'll probably find a club in one of the bottom two tiers to follow if Fulham get promoted and probably even if they don't. 

• Like 1

It seems to me like the lower you go in the league the closer it gets back to what the sport should be about. The Premier League feels almost too clean, while the lower leagues feel more like a communal and close knit. 

I watch some League One and League Two games from time to time and the atmosphere is just brilliant. I love the stadiums that have fans right next to the pitch and you can feel the people in the stadium through the TV. 

I can only imagine what it's like in person if that's what your'e getting through the tv. I've said before that I've enjoyed the Championship, it feels like a breath of fresh air at times. I'll probably find a club in one of the bottom two tiers to follow if Fulham get promoted and probably even if they don't. 

I think you're absolutely spot on.

As much as I enjoy watching football played at it's highest tactical level, a big part of me will also always enjoy the pure grit and raw beauty of the game that we can see in the lower leagues. I also love smaller, compact stadiums that are absolutely packed with fans, and there's plenty of that in League One and League Two.

There's just something so romantic about it, and as much as an 80.000 people filled stadium in the CL final can bring out my love for the sport, so too can sometimes these special, smaller things.

• Like 1