Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

I'm going to the Guangzhou derby tomorrow night. Evergrande vs Fuli. I went a few seasons ago and it was a great game. Looking forward to seeing Paulinho and Talisca vs Dembele. Hopefully The Mouse dominates them.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to stop by and say Leeds is a dirt bag club. Between the hard tackles all game, the fake passing the ball out, and Bamford flopping drawing a red card they have been absolutely pricks. No wonder they have been throwing away their season this late. 

Leeds keeps continually advancing the football right away and possibly maybe they would have been dubiously alright. Players going down during the advance of a side forward are not really subject to on field unwritten fair play rules. Bunches might be dropping in unflattering droves if not for that notion. Still though it does not matter regarding this and they even passed the football backwards at one point. Pretty shameful in play and marginally more by allowing the free goal. Altering natural courses of the game anytime for any purpose is definitely wrong even though righting those wrongs might seem appropriate and right. Games are for determining who becomes athletically greater and the strategical superior on that pitch.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:05 AM, PurpleLion said:

Leeds keeps continually advancing the football right away and possibly maybe they would have been dubiously alright. Players going down during the advance of a side forward are not really subject to on field unwritten fair play rules. Bunches might be dropping in unflattering droves if not for that notion. Still though it does not matter regarding this and they even passed the football backwards at one point. Pretty shameful in play and marginally more by allowing the free goal. Altering natural courses of the game anytime for any purpose is definitely wrong even though righting those wrongs might seem appropriate and right. Games are for determining who becomes athletically greater and the strategical superior on that pitch.

It'd be fine if they played on normally but they didn't. The winger slowed down and picked up his hand, acted like he was going to pass it out then blasts it down the line. If you are going to play on that's one thing and I don't have too much of a problem with it but don't act like you are going to pass it out then naaaaaaaaaaaah when the defense stopped.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2019 at 1:50 PM, teamorange said:

Just want to stop by and say Leeds is a dirt bag club.

You will not get a single complaint from any Mancunian that supports United, I can promise you that!

Right now, I am in a no-lose situation when it comes to Leeds. If the bottle it (AGAIN) in their promotion attempt, I can laugh at them. If they come up, then it will renew what is one of the more intense rivalries in English football between Leeds and Man United.

I was in the away at Elland Road for the last time the 2 teams played, which was a League Cup game back in September 2011. The walk into the ground was one of the most ropey experiences of my life. Just go on youtube and I imagine you will see enough videos of what happened when United fans arrived.

But yeh, it's fun to mock Leeds, but what you can't deny is how big of a club they are. They have a huge following and that city is still football mad.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:38 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

You will not get a single complaint from any Mancunian that supports United, I can promise you that!

Right now, I am in a no-lose situation when it comes to Leeds. If the bottle it (AGAIN) in their promotion attempt, I can laugh at them. If they come up, then it will renew what is one of the more intense rivalries in English football between Leeds and Man United.

I was in the away at Elland Road for the last time the 2 teams played, which was a League Cup game back in September 2011. The walk into the ground was one of the most ropey experiences of my life. Just go on youtube and I imagine you will see enough videos of what happened when United fans arrived.

But yeh, it's fun to mock Leeds, but what you can't deny is how big of a club they are. They have a huge following and that city is still football mad.

It's happened again.

It's happened agaaaaaaain

Leeds United

It's happened again

• Like 1

Leeds fans make a chant (that goes viral) using the Oasis song, 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' with the words changed to 'stop crying Frank Lampard'.

Derby, in spectacular fashion, knock Leeds out of the playoffs at Elland Road, with Lampard and his players belting out the same song in the  changing room.

Don't tell me that football isn't the best sport in the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know where to put this question, or if anyone will even know. 

Do you have to be a citizen of a country to ref it's top flight league? For instance can a non English or Welshman ref in the EPL? A non Spaniard in La Liga? And can you ref in Champions league if you are not European but ref in one of those countries, say an American reffing in Italy? Or does refereeing pretty much follow nationality.

21 hours ago, mse326 said:

Don't know where to put this question, or if anyone will even know. 

Do you have to be a citizen of a country to ref it's top flight league? For instance can a non English or Welshman ref in the EPL? A non Spaniard in La Liga? And can you ref in Champions league if you are not European but ref in one of those countries, say an American reffing in Italy? Or does refereeing pretty much follow nationality.

I believe so in the CL at least. One game Madrid played had an American Line Judge.