Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

Huge win for Fulham on Saturday. Beat Aston Villa 2-0 and Villa were in 2nd and were on a run as good as us so getting three points against a team we're competing against is massive. We're playing great stuff and if the teams around us could drop points we could have a shot at automatic promotion.

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Huge win for Fulham on Saturday. Beat Aston Villa 2-0 and Villa were in 2nd and were on a run as good as us so getting three points against a team we're competing against is massive. We're playing great stuff and if the teams around us could drop points we could have a shot at automatic promotion.

Villa did what they do best.

Not show up when it matters.

15 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Villa did what they do best.

Not show up when it matters.

Still a long way to go. I think that second spot will change hands quite a few times. That second goal was just awful from the keeper, passed the ball right to Ayite who just kicked it into an empty net. 

11 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Still a long way to go. I think that second spot will change hands quite a few times. That second goal was just awful from the keeper, passed the ball right to Ayite who just kicked it into an empty net. 

Just as long as Neil Warnock doesn't get promoted I don't care who comes second. 

• Like 1

As a Villa fan living in Wolves land this year is killing me tbh.

I was hoping for us to continue our run of form and for the wolves to drop a few points so we could put the pressure on a bit.

I don't care how we go up but it has to be this year.

35 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

As a Villa fan living in Wolves land this year is killing me tbh.

I was hoping for us to continue our run of form and for the wolves to drop a few points so we could put the pressure on a bit.

I don't care how we go up but it has to be this year.

There's nothing like Championship. It seems like windows to go up close so fast. It's so easy to end up like Wednesday and just completely fall apart one year. A lot of clubs just get stuck in the division for ages. 

I think Fulham have a short window, we haven't really spent a lot of money to try and get out and Sessengon clearly doesn't have long here. I'm pretty wary our manager will be leave after another underwhelming transfer window. Matt Targett has been a great get though. 

7 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

There's nothing like Championship. It seems like windows to go up close so fast. It's so easy to end up like Wednesday and just completely fall apart one year. A lot of clubs just get stuck in the division for ages. 

I think Fulham have a short window, we haven't really spent a lot of money to try and get out and Sessengon clearly doesn't have long here. I'm pretty wary our manager will be leave after another underwhelming transfer window. Matt Targett has been a great get though. 

That's my fear for the Villa. 

We have spent, not very well imo and you guys have benefited from that poor spending(Ross McBigmac).

That will have to stop eventually the we become the next Leeds, Forest , Fulham etc etc.

2 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

We have spent, not very well imo and you guys have benefited from that poor spending(Ross McBigmac).

That will have to stop eventually the we become the next Leeds, Forest , Fulham etc etc.

Yeah that's definitely a real fear given the amount you guys have spent. At least we're better off than Sunderland.

15 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

When do the parachute payments expire? Next year?