Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

25 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I think it will be Jacksonville making the move.  Marrone is on a short leash, but Coughlin isn t going anywhere.  Bortles cap hit is going to limit their options getting a QB in free agency.  And Oakland at 4, Mayock is working for Gruden not vice versa  so who knows how the Raiders draft board will be.  I would not shocked to see White gone by 5.

If White's hips are elite, Mayock will love him. 😂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

If White's hips are elite, Mayock will love him. 😂

Nice I wouldn t be shocked to see White go at 2. Lynch has not been afraid to go off script in the first round.  Of course, having 5 yrs left on your contract helps.  For me, Allen is a wild card becuse he is a terrific edge rusher, but I don t think he can play as a full time 4-3 DE.  Maybe he could play SAM and then move to DE in nickel.  

52 minutes ago, indifference said:

God no @ Devin White at pick #5. Do not see enough film on him in coverage. Everything is a blitz or a run stuff. Need my MLB to able to show spatial awarness when dropping in coverage and making plays in space. Can get a good off ball LB in r2.

the great unknown is what is the respon of a MLB in a Bowles defense.  Is the position still on the field in most nickel and dime personnel? Resign Minter and keep Beck at MLB will probably cost 2 million combined.  Certainly, major savings if it isn t a priority position on the defense.  Scheme is going to determine a lot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

the great unknown is what is the respon of a MLB in a Bowles defense.  Is the position still on the field in most nickel and dime personnel? Resign Minter and keep Beck at MLB will probably cost 2 million combined.  Certainly, major savings if it isn t a priority position on the defense.  Scheme is going to determine a lot.

im with that. I see a lot of hybrid type packages being implemented. Maybe Bowles can salvage MJ Stewart like he did with buchanon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indifference said:

God no @ Devin White at pick #5. Do not see enough film on him in coverage. Everything is a blitz or a run stuff. Need my MLB to able to show spatial awarness when dropping in coverage and making plays in space. Can get a good off ball LB in r2.

White would not need to come off the field. He has no issues with movement. I think a 3-4 group of Ford, David, White and JPP would tear it up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

White would not need to come off the field. He has no issues with movement. I think a 3-4 group of Ford, David, White and JPP would tear it up. 

Movement is not the issue. Its spatial awarness and ball skills. I havent seen it displayed. Lavonte David was an all around LB in Nebraska. Run stopper, deflections in coverage, and good blitzer. White is overhyped rn based off his size and speed. I dont see him anywhere close to Luke Kuechly as a prospect. I’d hold off unless Im sure he can cover. Pop in his tape you literally see no pass defense plays besides LOS PD when sent on a blitz. We can do that with beck or minter 

36 minutes ago, indifference said:

Movement is not the issue. Its spatial awarness and ball skills. I havent seen it displayed. Lavonte David was an all around LB in Nebraska. Run stopper, deflections in coverage, and good blitzer. White is overhyped rn based off his size and speed. I dont see him anywhere close to Luke Kuechly as a prospect. I’d hold off unless Im sure he can cover. Pop in his tape you literally see no pass defense plays besides LOS PD when sent on a blitz. We can do that with beck or minter 

If you view him as just a meathead then yes a huge reach at five. Not saying its him or bust I can just see us signing a dline and edge rusher come FA. If Smith franchise you go another edge rusher bring back Kwon at $10,000,000? We had the worst def of all time. Not sure how many main guys from that until we really need back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

If you view him as just a meathead then yes a huge reach at five. Not saying its him or bust I can just see us signing a dline and edge rusher come FA. If Smith franchise you go another edge rusher bring back Kwon at $10,000,000? We had the worst def of all time. Not sure how many main guys from that until we really need back.

Not calling him a meathead by any means because he does show good awareness and takes good angles in run support. He really reminds me of a bigger Kwon to be honest. Just need to see some plays in space vs TE’s and RBs just to see how he holds up. 

Conversely, you pop in the tape of Josh Allen from Kentucky and you will see instances of him in coverage. Hell in the bowl game I witnessed him run stride for a stride with a receiver. Same with the LB Pratt who is a coverted safety. 

What the coaching staff thinks of beckwith, this FA class, and MJ Stewart will be telling.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Not calling him a meathead by any means because he does show good awareness and takes good angles in run support. He really reminds me of a bigger Kwon to be honest. Just need to see some plays in space vs TE’s and RBs just to see how he holds up. 

Conversely, you pop in the tape of Josh Allen from Kentucky and you will see instances of him in coverage. Hell in the bowl game I witnessed him run stride for a stride with a receiver. Same with the LB Pratt who is a coverted safety. 

What the coaching staff thinks of beckwith, this FA class, and MJ Stewart will be telling.

I would like to go o/dline or a rush lb with the 5th pick. I honestly see most of the holes being filled in FA. IF going into the draft you go another rusher if we already have JPP and Ford? Smith tagged we go with a RT with the 5th pick? I'm not touching $12,000,000 per for Kwon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

I would like to go o/dline or a rush lb with the 5th pick. I honestly see most of the holes being filled in FA. IF going into the draft you go another rusher if we already have JPP and Ford? Smith tagged we go with a RT with the 5th pick? I'm not touching $12,000,000 per for Kwon.

I like that idea. Jonah can play RT his rookie year then the following we kick his butt to LT and move on from Don Smith. If we sign Dee Ford, I still would not mind a DL. Preferably a guy who can play next to Vea. Agreed on not touching Kwon for that much. 

caveat on D White:

LSU linebackers job are simplified in what they are asked to do. They werent asking to play much C2 and the different variations of C2 (cover 2 trap zone)...I seen a lot of C3, man and quarters ran in Baten Rogue. 

Bowles running 24 nickel and dime will see our ILB play over the weakside. Its up to the coaching staff to determine if White can handle all this responsibility. There will be struggles for sure and some good too.

Back to your OP, bucs havent draft a first round OL since Davin Joseph? That needs to change and fast. 

• Like 2