Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Depends on who’s Available. Stud LTs  don’t grow on trees. Upgrading Smith might be difficult. 

That's why I'm coming around to the idea of tagging him. We should have the cap space to afford it. If he doesn't vastly improve next year, we let him walk and take the comp pick.

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's why I'm coming around to the idea of tagging him. We should have the cap space to afford it. If he doesn't vastly improve next year, we let him walk and take the comp pick.

I agree with this. If we pick top 5 I’d take the LT from Bama and plug him on the right side. 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I agree with this. If we pick top 5 I’d take the LT from Bama and plug him on the right side. 

Yeah Smith has been a disappointment but who else is there in FA or the draft really? I feel like we’d only be worse at LT next year if we cut Smith. Now what he’ll get paid if he’s tagged will not be worth it but if it gives us 1 more year to imbrove the defense and interior line it’s probably the right call.

He's got Herbert and Haskins in here, so that's gonna change things. Early reports are that both guys might stay in school.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

PICK: Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

Tampa Bay’s defensive struggles continue and Thompson is the type of talent that can impact the unit in all the right ways. First off, his versatility to function at a high level in single high coverage, split zones and man coverage affords more scheme multiplicity.

The Bucs are also allergic to creating turnovers on defense and Thompson’s range, ball skills and versatility on the back end would enable the Bucs to be more aggressive with its pressure packages knowing Thompson is lurking in the secondary. Thompson is the game-changing defensive back Tampa Bay is severely lacking.

38. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald Willis, DT, Miami

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's got Herbert and Haskins in here, so that's gonna change things. Early reports are that both guys might stay in school.

Passing on Josh Allen would be horrible. Pass rush needs to be worked on..STILL

JPP/Allen would be nice to have off the edge. Round 2 needs to be an OL at G/T. DT is far from a need.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:07 AM, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah Smith has been a disappointment but who else is there in FA or the draft really? I feel like we’d only be worse at LT next year if we cut Smith. Now what he’ll get paid if he’s tagged will not be worth it but if it gives us 1 more year to imbrove the defense and interior line it’s probably the right call.

i can live with tagging Don Smith only because we have sooo many other holes. And even with him being so inconsistent he is far from the main issue. He is a problem but we have bigger issues. RG/RT play has been bottom tier. Smith at least has been an average tackle. Buys us a year to get his replacement. I think 2020 is the year we should be looking at qbs though. Don’t think Winston is the future but he can stick around until we find the guy.

• 2 weeks later...