Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

100% taking the LT if we can. Peters has been a huge help in Philly for years. Franchise LT all day.

You can see the difference with Dallas too when Tyron Smith is out.

I'm all for it. It isn't the sexy pick but we've gotta do something to fix the line. And there doesn't seem to be anyone better than the top two guys in the draft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

You can see the difference with Dallas too when Tyron Smith is out.

I'm all for it. It isn't the sexy pick but we've gotta do something to fix the line. And there doesn't seem to be anyone better than the top two guys in the draft.

Defense is deep this year and I promise the offense will look 1000x better with proper blocking. Fix one position and you fix the whole thing.

Edited by Lil' Shorty
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Who is wanting Jameis to stay the starting QB for next year as of now?

Or, even if you don't want him, do you think he will stay the starting QB? 

I prefer Jameis to the field because he's already here, the offense is built around him, and he has excellent chemistry with guys like Evans, Brate, and Hump.

I don't care who our franchise QB is as long as we have one. But we've gotta find one first.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Who is wanting Jameis to stay the starting QB for next year as of now?

Or, even if you don't want him, do you think he will stay the starting QB? 

Yeah I want Jameis to stay for next year and let’s see what happens. I know the guys past isn’t really a beacon of foundational morals and upstanding character but we know what we know about those situations and the last one was now almost 3 years ago.

For the football side of things Jameis has shown over the past 3 weeks that he can reel it back in and not play to be the hero every single play. He has been incredibly efficient and still put up fantastic numbers doing so. Despite the horrid OL performance against NO we were still in that game late because Jameis took a beating rather than trying to play hero. I think this year, not just season, really helped him mature as a man and athlete.

He will get one shot with a new coaching staff to see what he can put together in a year where he is completely focused. Considering Koetter let Smith be the clown who didn’t care about player skill sets or input on the defense, I’d question if Koetter did similar things on offense. This is an awful year for the QB draft and Jameis is still only 24. Give him one year with a new voice and let’s see what happens.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Kind of curious how Little grades out from Ole Miss.  Doubtful Jonah Williams makes it out of the top 6. 

I would still want to add more youth on that dline by no later then the 2nd round 

I think we can all agree that we lack some serious talent and effort on the OL. Franchise LT I think needs to be the pick in the 1st. I’d be down for either player at this point. Not sure what we need more of on defense as everything seems somewhat lacking. However, I feel we have more talent than advertised this year and we might not have as many personnel issues as initially thought. Let a new FO and coaching staff come in here and evaluate what we have then target the one week area exclusively rather than adding one player at CB, another at DL. Make one position of weakness a strength in one offseason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think we can all agree that we lack some serious talent and effort on the OL. Franchise LT I think needs to be the pick in the 1st. I’d be down for either player at this point. Not sure what we need more of on defense as everything seems somewhat lacking. However, I feel we have more talent than advertised this year and we might not have as many personnel issues as initially thought. Let a new FO and coaching staff come in here and evaluate what we have then target the one week area exclusively rather than adding one player at CB, another at DL. Make one position of weakness a strength in one offseason. 

Earliest I go CB is round 3.  The true shut down CB in today s NFL is gone because of the rules.  Between Davis, VHIII, Smith, Stewart, and Harris I ll risk finding 2 guys to play on the outside and get their hands on a WR once and awhile and have no issue setting the edge on running plays.  My positional rankings right now:

Tackle

DE who can rush inside in nickel

CB

RB

Punter and kicker.  Anger hasn t been good for 2 yrs, and kicker need I write more.  I m not advocating use draft picks for these positions, but upgrades are needed.

36 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Earliest I go CB is round 3.  The true shut down CB in today s NFL is gone because of the rules.  Between Davis, VHIII, Smith, Stewart, and Harris I ll risk finding 2 guys to play on the outside and get their hands on a WR once and awhile and have no issue setting the edge on running plays.  My positional rankings right now:

Tackle

DE who can rush inside in nickel

CB

RB

Punter and kicker.  Anger hasn t been good for 2 yrs, and kicker need I write more.  I m not advocating use draft picks for these positions, but upgrades are needed.

Thoughts on LB? This is the one position I feel no one is really talking about but we need to upgrade. David is solid and should stay. Idk about Kwon but either way we’ll probably need a new SAM. I’d prefer a SAM who can rush the passer some. Not really a 3-4 rush end but as there are packages for SAM LBs more so in today’s quicker NFL, do the same thing, but with a guy who has more pass rush.