Mock Drafts

bucsfan333

16 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I appreciate your stance on wanting a new QB and they way you go about that discussion but barring an implosion of Cincinatti proportions one of these last 2 weeks, Jameis will be the QB. With this draft class and a free year of Jameis, I’d be shocked if a first time HC just tossed Jameis aside for one of these major project QBs when QB is far from the problem on this team. I personally think it’s OL or DL/CB. Those get fixed and Jameis isn’t hit 4th most in the NFL and it makes this team a playoff contender.

Well, if they do keep Jameis, they can still draft a QB and have him ready when Jameis falters, again. Whether that be in 2019, or 2020. I don't want Fitz as a backup anymore. Competition at the QB spot always is a good idea. It's hard not to let my bias opinion against Jameis play a part here lol. But, I truly believe he isn't capable of being able to rise to the occasion of beating top quality opponents, even if he is actually able to get the team into the playoffs, let alone a super bowl. And that's without any of his on field or off field antics play a factor like it always does. I don't believe guys like this with a long pattern of childish behavior can change that quickly. And he's definitely not worth that 20 mill that he's due to get in March. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Well, if they do keep Jameis, they can still draft a QB and have him ready when Jameis falters, again. Whether that be in 2019, or 2020. I don't want Fitz as a backup anymore. Competition at the QB spot always is a good idea. It's hard not to let my bias opinion against Jameis play a part here lol. But, I truly believe he isn't capable of being able to rise to the occasion of beating top quality opponents, even if he is actually able to get the team into the playoffs, let alone a super bowl. And that's without any of his on field or off field antics play a factor like it always does. I don't believe guys like this with a long pattern of childish behavior can change that quickly. And he's definitely not worth that 20 mill that he's due to get in March. 

Yeah I mean I can’t confidently say Jameis is the savior of this franchise. He’s a question mark and I’m just speaking on field. I do think he’s far better than we’ve ever had and above average in the NFL. Strapping into a 5-6 year contract with him would worry me, but at the same time letting him go only to see him reach his potential with another team would be very disheartening. It’s rare to see above average QBs leave their team. Idk what we will do and what Jameis will look like next year with a new coaching staff, but I do believe he will be given every opportunity to stay as the QB of the Bucs and then some. 

22 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yes 

yes he does

our entire draft last year sucks

first time in a long time thats happened

As good as vea is vs the run, it’s a 60+ % pass first league. 

Carlton Davis and Whitehead are the only ones that showed something decent. Davis is getting all this love but he isn’t a special talent. 

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yes 

yes he does

our entire draft last year sucks

first time in a long time thats happened

Vea just had his first game where he played a lot of snaps and had nine tackles. Almost all of which were three yards or less downfield. His play has drastically improved over the last few weeks.

Whitehead has been pretty good. 

Davis has been up and down but has shown flashes of great play.

Rojo has been a disappointment, yes. Same with Stewart.

Cappa has barely played. Normally I'd question how good a player is when they're stuck behind a guy like Benenoch, but we've seen half a dozen or so questionable personnel decisions from this coaching staff. So I don't know if that's an indictment on Cappa or not.

Watson is buried behind a deep receiving core. We should get a better look at him next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Vea just had his first game where he played a lot of snaps and had nine tackles. Almost all of which were three yards or less downfield. His play has drastically improved over the last few weeks.

Whitehead has been pretty good. 

Davis has been up and down but has shown flashes of great play.

Rojo has been a disappointment, yes. Same with Stewart.

Cappa has barely played. Normally I'd question how good a player is when they're stuck behind a guy like Benenoch, but we've seen half a dozen or so questionable personnel decisions from this coaching staff. So I don't know if that's an indictment on Cappa or not.

Watson is buried behind a deep receiving core. We should get a better look at him next year.

Not a complete wash but very suspect. Rojo doesn’t even look like he belongs. 

Vea has come along but for him to be worth the #12 pick , he better become a pass rusher inside. 

Carlton Davis gets beat a lot. He’s shown flashes here and there but not enough to say we have a future starting corner. 

Whitehead has honestly been the best and he’s been solid at best. 

Cappa and Watson are suspect. And mj Stewart lacks athleticism and can’t run with guys at this level. Not sure what licht was seeing.