Week 11 - @ Ravens

theJ

In all seriousness, i predict that the Ravens come out running some form of the wildcat or w/e you want to call it (basically the same offense they've run when Jackson has come in all season).  The Bengals LBs are so wretched that it's entirely likely he runs for 100+ yards and a few scores.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:55 AM, SmittyBacall said:

It looks like RGIII is getting the start. 

So i have to question where you saw this?  Is it because Jackson missed practice yesterday?  Because that was just a stomach bug.  

I'm still betting Jackson gets the start.

41 minutes ago, theJ said:

So i have to question where you saw this?  Is it because Jackson missed practice yesterday?  Because that was just a stomach bug.  

I'm still betting Jackson gets the start.

The Athletic's Jeff Zrebiec reports the Ravens have "continually mentioned" Robert Griffin III as a candidate to start this week.
This isn't the first time we've seen Griffin as an option over Lamar Jackson if Joe Flacco (hip) sits. Griffin outplayed Jackson in the preseason, but Jackson has been active as the No. 2 quarterback for his role in Baltimore's dual-QB packages. The expectation has been that Jackson would get the start, but this is a situation worth monitoring. Nov 14 - 12:10 PM

Looks like it could still be up in the air. You also have to think, why even give RGIII a roster spot if he's a legit 3rd stringer? Maybe they wanted to include Jackson in specific packages but weren't eager in giving him a start. That coupled with Jacksons absence yesterday could be enough for him to get the nod.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

@SmittyBacall good catch.  Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

In other news, this game is on in my area this weekend.  Question is, do i want to torture myself with it?  Or just pretend it's not happening?

I have an eerie feeling we're going to win. Call me crazy, but I feel like our defense is going to play really well. WJIII snapchatting something about man-to-man makes me feel like we're going to play a more press and in your face style. We could surprise them by going with a style of defense that they're not expecting. I'm probably crazy though.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

I have an eerie feeling we're going to win. Call me crazy, but I feel like our defense is going to play really well. WJIII snapchatting something about man-to-man makes me feel like we're going to play a more press and in your face style. We could surprise them by going with a style of defense that they're not expecting. I'm probably crazy though.

It would seem odd to me if the defensive philosophy changed overnight.  It's what should happen, but Marvin was in charge of the defense before.  It's not like Austin was just out there doing his own thing and Marvin couldn't change it.

I think we'll see a better defense by virtue of playing an offense that's not the Saints.  But i don't think they're going to ohmygod amazing or anything.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

It would seem odd to me if the defensive philosophy changed overnight.  It's what should happen, but Marvin was in charge of the defense before.  It's not like Austin was just out there doing his own thing and Marvin couldn't change it.

I think we'll see a better defense by virtue of playing an offense that's not the Saints.  But i don't think they're going to ohmygod amazing or anything.

It's not what we're accustomed to nor should we give him the benefit of the doubt, but Marv seems extra desperate based on his last press conference. It's just a gut feeling.

While all the talk has been about the Bengals D (With Marvin taking over) and the Ravens O (Lamar Jackson/RGIII), the real question is going to be how the hell are the Bengals going to score in this game?  Dalton without AJ Green and possibly without Mixon as well?  Gio is going to get the ball 30 times or until his legs fall off...

EDIT: Looks like Mixon participated in walk-throughs today after missing yesterday.  Still Mixon on a gimping knee against the Ravens D can't be good for us...

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

While all the talk has been about the Bengals D (With Marvin taking over) and the Ravens O (Lamar Jackson/RGIII), the real question is going to be how the hell are the Bengals going to score in this game?  Dalton without AJ Green and possibly without Mixon as well?  Gio is going to get the ball 30 times or until his legs fall off...

EDIT: Looks like Mixon participated in walk-throughs today after missing yesterday.  Still Mixon on a gimping knee against the Ravens D can't be good for us...

Both clubs are probably poor offensively, and we know the Bengals are poor defensively.  It doesn't look good for the good guys.

Archived