Week 11 - @ Ravens

theJ

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

One step closer to the possibility of moving on from Marvin. Somehow I still don’t believe we do 

The only positive thing from today is that this loss ticks up the chance a lil bit that Marv might be gone this offseason. But that thought brings on more anxiety that it won’t even happen.

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

Somehow I still don’t believe we do

I think they were || close before.  They're definitely not going to make the playoffs this year, third year in a row.  I have to think it happens.

But yeah, still doesn't feel like it could be real.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:52 AM, theJ said:

In all seriousness, i predict that the Ravens come out running some form of the wildcat or w/e you want to call it (basically the same offense they've run when Jackson has come in all season).  The Bengals LBs are so wretched that it's entirely likely he runs for 100+ yards and a few scores.

ahem

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think they were || close before.  They're definitely not going to make the playoffs this year, third year in a row.  I have to think it happens.

But yeah, still doesn't feel like it could be real.

Brown will point to all of the injuries as the excuse.

Still annoyed they threw it to Core on 4th. What happened to Tate, he actually had a nice grab early in the game but didn’t get to go in again?

Any why does it seem like everyone can run drag routes against us with their speedy guys but we have yet to throw one to Ross. All I’ve seen Ross do is run long and do comebacks. 

19 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Still annoyed they threw it to Core on 4th. What happened to Tate, he actually had a nice grab early in the game but didn’t get to go in again?

Any why does it seem like everyone can run drag routes against us with their speedy guys but we have yet to throw one to Ross. All I’ve seen Ross do is run long and do comebacks. 

This team doesn’t understand modern nfl offense. They’ll catch on a few years from now when the good teams have moved on to something new. 

I also don’t understand the thing with Tate. Apparently after the game Marvin said something like “he was undrafted for a reason”. Maybe because he didn’t run the route to the sticks? Not sure. 

But yeah, they need to stop with the nonsense of throwing to Core or Erickson. 

13 minutes ago, theJ said:

I also don’t understand the thing with Tate. Apparently after the game Marvin said something like “he was undrafted for a reason”. Maybe because he didn’t run the route to the sticks? Not sure. 

But yeah, they need to stop with the nonsense of throwing to Core or Erickson. 

What's wrong with Erickson?  He catches everything actually thrown to him.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

What's wrong with Erickson?  He catches everything actually thrown to him.

He plays on a team where he's the 4th best slot receiver (behind Green, Boyd and Ross).  There's just no reason to throw to him in this current offense.

Now, if someone wants to make the argument that this team should spread it out more, play 4 WR's more often, then i'm all for getting him a few opportunities.  But as the offense is structured today, it's not smart.

5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Marvin Lewis is the dumbest head coach in the NFL...

He's just not very innovative.  The NFL has moved on, and he's still stuck in 2005.

Given this roster and this set of coaches, this could be a 10-12 win team 15 years ago.  But it's not 15 years ago.

Archived