Seahawks LT George Fant tears ACL

SteelKing728

On 8/22/2017 at 11:50 AM, SteelKing728 said:

They expect him to start?

Probably. The other option is Rhees Obdiambo and he could barely hold his own (actually he didn't) against a UDFA trying to make Minnesota's roster. The Seahawks have always basically thrown poo at the wall at OL, why would this year be any different?

On 8/22/2017 at 0:37 PM, DingoLadd said:

Can someone explain to me how Russel Wilson doesn't die on the field behind that line? 

Because of his mobility and Seattle's ability to maintain at least an above-average run game, which also stems largely from Wilson's mobility.

On 8/19/2017 at 5:45 PM, TitanLegend said:

I honestly have no idea how you can have a QB like Russell Wilson and keep trotting out the complete unknown(or known to be trash) players to protect him like they do. I'm still dumbfounded how they traded their only good offensive lineman(Unger) for Graham when they did, luckily for them Britt has developed well enough as a center...everything around him though? Yikes.

It honestly just seems like they have an insane overconfidence in Tom Cable's ability to get something out of scraps.  It's the only way you can explain what an otherwise top notch organization is doing with that OLine year after year now.

On 8/26/2017 at 1:19 PM, Tugboat said:

It honestly just seems like they have an insane overconfidence in Tom Cable's ability to get something out of scraps.  It's the only way you can explain what an otherwise top notch organization is doing with that OLine year after year now.

Remember that Schneider started in GB and the Packers have done quite well with mid-round OL.

LT Bakhtiari was a 4th, Sitton a 4th, Lang a 4th, Center Corey Linsley a 5th. And those guys could play at a very high level. That may have influenced Schneider and how much he invests in the OL. Hasn't worked out yet, but maybe it offers a little insight into their thinking.

Archived