WEEK 11 GDT - Steelers at Jaguars

skywlker32

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think its safe to say that Hunter is done in Pittsburgh as it sounds like Eli Rogers will be added to the active roster.

Additionally I am guessing Chickillo is getting put on IR because Adeniyi is also being activated.

Perfectly fine with Hunter being cut, but I’m still not sure what Rogers is on this roster. They want JuJu in the slot and Eli is no better a receiver than Switzer and absolutely not as good a return man. 

Side note from the Jags game: Switzer had a hell of a game, and unfortunately it doesn’t show. Seems like they changed Switz in for Washington in the second half and Switz could have had a monster game if Ben looks for him more. He absolutely owned DJ Hayden a few times. Would really like to see him a little more in 3 receiver sets. 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think its safe to say that Hunter is done in Pittsburgh as it sounds like Eli Rogers will be added to the active roster.

Additionally I am guessing Chickillo is getting put on IR because Adeniyi is also being activated.

you're always up to the minute with news thats for sure. This is good news because I see Adeyini as a legit passrusher , but wait and see. Who gets IR'd thoughtcrimes or cut is what we will learn in the next few days.  If burns had any minor injury, I would IR him . Will the team possibly cut a player instead and if so, who would be your choice for this?

6 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Perfectly fine with Hunter being cut, but I’m still not sure what Rogers is on this roster. They want JuJu in the slot and Eli is no better a receiver than Switzer and absolutely not as good a return man. 

Side note from the Jags game: Switzer had a hell of a game, and unfortunately it doesn’t show. Seems like they changed Switz in for Washington in the second half and Switz could have had a monster game if Ben looks for him more. He absolutely owned DJ Hayden a few times. Would really like to see him a little more in 3 receiver sets. 

and curt rogers then and let Chickillo stay on the roster unless the ankle injury is that bad.  We don' need rogers unless  we lose 2 WR's for the year.  As for Adeyini returning, what are the broncos OT's like this season?

On the Rogers and Adeniyi thing, I am just reporting a rumor just an FYI. The early speculation is that this is what's going to happen. I guess Mike Tomlin sort of danced around the idea that Eli Rogers would be activated off of the pup list he did not come out and say it but he sort of hinted at it. And with chickillo going down and do the Steelers only dressing three outside linebackers they are going to have to activate someone at that position.

40 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yes let’s let one good year override years of  poor drafting lately. 

I won’t forget his poor drafts, just like I won’t forgot his successes and the fact that (like jebrick mentions) the draft is insanely difficult and he has done a better job than the majority of the league for a long period of time. 

There is far, far more good that he has done than there has been negative - the negatives are just headline makers. But lookin at 31 other teams, there is really no other situation over the last 15 years I’d rather have (not just draft specific), excluding the patriots and their insane set of circumstances. 

The crap that Colbert gets is remarkable considering the talent actually on this team and the talent that has come through over the years. 

3 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

The 2017 draft is probably our best draft this decade for sure, imagine if Dobbs ends up being our starter of the future.

it helps to have the players fall or have gifts in the draft. We can't hit every year,  because this draft could be 2 pro bowlers (Watt and Conner) with JuJu being a legit WR2 and he is better than some WR1's.  That draft makes up for some of the other bad draft picks and signings. A few pro bowl players can be the buffer to save the team.   Right now I would say Watt and Connor help this team major because if we had players like dupree of previous seasons instead of Watt and then say a driver archer instead of Connor and Sweed instead of JuJu, we can see how much different the team would be.  

On 11/20/2018 at 9:26 PM, wwhickok said:

"Unfortunatley" Chick was a Full Participant at practice. 

Archived