Week 11: Houston Texans GDT

Ghostnote

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know, not with the Texans guarding the boundaries. Attempting a pass with 8 seconds left on the clock especially when you’re facing the Texans pass rush and were missing 3 starters is a huge risk. 

Yes. Absolutely it is/was. I said like 5% chance. Which is about a 4.8% chance better than Hopkins nailing that kick in those conditions with an injury. 

*math is estimated xD

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I still can’t get over the fact they didn’t call PI on the pass to Doctson. If you aren’t going to call PI on that, what the hell are you going to call it on? 

They won’t make game changing calls like that at the end of games......except against Norman.

I was at the game yesterday so I wasn't able to get anyone's thoughts on this, but remember the (at least) three times we attempted a downfield streak to Doctson on the sideline?  I saw at least twice that he was being pushed around by the corner- some wanted a penalty called in our section.  This is also one of the last plays of the game.

Am I wrong for expecting a 6-2, 202 receiver to be able to hit back and assert his positioning?  Even if that would've been called for offensive PI earlier in the game, showing the corner that he wouldn't get pushed around could've made that play open later in the game.  

Doctson was supposed to be this big target for us in the red zone and I just haven't seen him assert himself like someone of his size should be.  

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I was at the game yesterday so I wasn't able to get anyone's thoughts on this, but remember the (at least) three times we attempted a downfield streak to Doctson on the sideline?  I saw at least twice that he was being pushed around by the corner- some wanted a penalty called in our section.  This is also one of the last plays of the game.

Am I wrong for expecting a 6-2, 202 receiver to be able to hit back and assert his positioning?  Even if that would've been called for offensive PI earlier in the game, showing the corner that he wouldn't get pushed around could've made that play open later in the game.  

Doctson was supposed to be this big target for us in the red zone and I just haven't seen him assert himself like someone of his size should be.  

Totally agree... mean while Ohio State’s Michael Thomas is on pace to break NFL records. Just wonderful ugh 😑 

just got around to watching the second half of the game. We looked so much better on offense with Colt there.

Doctson is coming around, will never be a top guy, but could grow into a possession receiver. He's just so damn soft. He needs more Dez attitude

Yeah the ref's did blow a number of calls, but we also received some bad calls against Houston in the first half. Its a wash

Their kicker- making the long field goal and then blowing the chip shot made the game interesting

MVP is Peterson.

Colt is so injury prone and a history of concussions, but he is fearless running the ball. Can we somehow get him to stay healthy through the season? If so, I still think and in fact think we have a better chance of getting into the playoffs with him at QB than Smith

our ILB's especially 54 is really a big weakness on the team. If I were a QB I would be looking for 54 and then passing to the guy he is covering or running outside because he is so so slow

Image result for thinking too much gif

Gruden blew the game- how many times do we have to see him lose games with 1. the team not being ready to play at the beginning, 2. extremely poor clock management. In this game his first instinct was right on the last play- throw a 13 yard sideline pass to harris in 6 seconds and then kick the field goal. Every professional team has that play and should be practicing it.  Houston calls a timeout and Gruden hurt his pea brain over-thinking and sending an injured Kicker out to try a 63 yard field goal that he had no chance of making. Missed opportunity 

I think we do better on offense as long as MVP and Colt are healthy. Quinn is a keeper. 

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I still can’t get over the fact they didn’t call PI on the pass to Doctson. If you aren’t going to call PI on that, what the hell are you going to call it on? 

Well Lavar looks like the damn league agrees with you and I and all the other people that saw that and said WTF where is the flag.

John Keim tweet

FWIW: The league told the Redskins that, yes, there should have been a pass interference penalty called on the deep ball to Josh Doctson. That will not make anyone feel any better.

36 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Well Lavar looks like the damn league agrees with you and I and all the other people that saw that and said WTF where is the flag.

John Keim tweet

FWIW: The league told the Redskins that, yes, there should have been a pass interference penalty called on the deep ball to Josh Doctson. That will not make anyone feel any better.

Redskins Rulebook, folks, Redskins Rulebook.

On 11/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Btw, when someone touts the stat about starting field position of opposing teams and how its proof Alex is a good QB, point them to this drive. We got the ball becsuse of our defense, on the 45. Gained 1 yard. Punted. Now they are starting on the 4 

Not saying the drive was Smith's fault. Just pointing out the starting field position stat means nothing as a support for an individual player

Would say that's more a facet of our better-damn-be-a-Pro-Bowl punter, Tress Way.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:12 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Why am I cursed? You figure after a decade of Les Miles. The football gods would be kind. But they give me another Les Miles.

Dude.

I'm a freakin' Virginia fan.

You've got no room to complain.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, e16bball said:

If you had a timeout (and the middle field available)

I wonder where that time out went ... wait ... are we saying that Gruden wastes timeouts in the second half?! NO! THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE!!

10 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

John Keim tweet

Man this crap really chaps my arse! A day later? That the hell good does that do us? It cost us the game! 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:04 PM, MikeT14 said:

If I have ANY hope of saving my season, it's Friday.

As you should have.

My coworkers laughed at me when I bet against Virginia. I'm enjoying my free large pizza. I know my team; they will collapse. Granted, they will do it in new and interesting ways (that comes with the PhD in Losing that Virginia Football has), but they will collapse against Tech.

Archived