GDT Week 10: It all comes down to this...

AFlaccoSeagulls

Kickoff: 1pm EST

Where: Tha Bank

Well peeps, it's another season where the Ravens got off to a hot start, potentially had the best defense in the NFL, only to piss everything away in October and November and arrive in the final quarter of the season hoping for the last wildcard spot.

So here we are again, facing a "must-win" game against a Bengals team that appears to be spiraling out of control. They just fired their Defensive Coordinator and handed over the reigns to Marvin Lews, who hasn't coordinated a defense since his time in Baltimore over 15 years ago. Sound familiar? Last year in week 17 we had a "win and in" game against a spiraling Bengals team. A 99% chance to make the playoffs which only grew as the game went on. Then came that fateful playcall from Dean Pees and the fateful 4th quarter, 4th down pass to Tyler Boyd. And the rest is history.

So how did we change things up this year? We fired Dean Pees (YAY!) and promoted Wink Martindale (BOO!). In the first matchup of the year on TNF Tyler Boyd was all like "lol y'all remember last year? Imma do that on every single play!" and he did. But that was after AJ Green was all like "yo Imma only catch TD passes on Jimmy Smith tonight" and he did. Same old story.

It's now week 10. Our pass rush has disappeared. We can't create turnovers. We can't cover over the middle of the field, and our offense is pitiful. Sound familiar?

It's the same story every. single. year with John Harbaugh since 2012. So basically this game either signals change for the Ravens and Harbaugh, or more of the same. A victory against the Bengals keeps our season alive, while a loss likely signals the imminent departure of the 2nd best Ravens coach in franchise history since it's inception in 1996, behind only Brian Billick. What an accomplishment!

Discuss.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I don’t understand your argument for why Brian Billick is superior to Harbaugh. I’d love to see which pillar you are resting on for such an argument.

Probably not being a Ravens' fan during Billlick's tenure.

Also, not sure how Green scored TDs on a suspended Jimmy Smith. He kept scoring when they put him in the slot and we refused to double or give any help there. 

But the part about this game being a must win for the org is right on.

If #1 Raven killer AJ Green is out, I'd consider it to be even with us playing our QB3

Honestly I’d love to see both RG3 and LJ8 on the field at the same time. It also wouldn’t surprise me if the “illness” was a reason for the coaching staff to give all the snaps with the first team to RG3 to make sure if it comes down to it, he will be ready to go on game day. Only if it’s an illness, we don’t have to worry about the media saying, “Ravens looking to trade bust, Lamar Jackson, as RG3 takes all the snaps at practice.”

My guess is Flacco starts. He played, albeit not great, through the injury at it's peak in the last game. It happened on the first drive apparently. The limp he had during that game is according to reports gone. So I think John is just giving him the 14 days of rest and then will trot him out against the league's worst defense on Sunday. 

Archived