The real possibility

BillSabre

Is it realistic to think that our Ram, Chief and Saint players may not be playing or playing sparingly in the last week or two??? 

My league plays right through week 17 and it’s point based. These players sitting would crush me.  Is it worth trading studs for quality stars that you know will be fighting for playoffs and playing right through?

In order of likelihood guys get sat (most likely being first):

1) Rams

2) Chiefs

3) Saints

I don't think Payton sits his guys even if they lock up the #1 seed ahead of Week 17.  That said, with Carolina still twice and the Steelers (though that's in the dome, so I'm definitely favoring the Saints vs Road Ben) to come on the schedule, including in Week 17, I'm not sure they're going to have that luxury unless the Rams gift it to them.

Chiefs are probably the most likely to be in the scenario to bench guys, if the Steelers drop another two games in this upcoming slate of Broncos/Chargers/Patriots/Saints; outcome of the Patriots/Steelers game will go a lot to determining this, but the Pats' home stretch schedule likely makes it that KC may have to defend that home field advantage throughout all the way through Week 17.  If Andy gets the chance to rest guys, I think he will, but I don't know that he gets the opportunity.

If McVay gets the chance to rest guys he's already shown he absolutely will.  And if it looks like the Rams end up entrenched in the #2 seed without a shot at the #1 seed, I'd expect the Rams to do just that especially since we're at home against the Niners (so it will be in the later kickoff set of games being that it's on the west coast) and the Saints/Panthers and Bears/Vikings games will both be in the early slate of games.  Problem being - it could well be a case of you not knowing until after the results of those early slate of games come in (which is all but 6 teams in league).

On 11/15/2018 at 1:10 PM, BillSabre said:

Is it realistic to think that our Ram, Chief and Saint players may not be playing or playing sparingly in the last week or two??? 

My league plays right through week 17 and it’s point based. These players sitting would crush me.  Is it worth trading studs for quality stars that you know will be fighting for playoffs and playing right through?

The Saints and Rams are neck and neck for the #1 seed. They’ll keep playing hard with their starters until that happens. The Chiefs could potentially run away with the #1 seed and Reid has a history of pulling starters asap

Archived