Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year with Wentz?

patriotsheatyan

Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year with Wentz?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year with Wentz?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, they don’t even make it

I'm going to say no.

This isn't a knock against Wentz either, just that Foles pretty much played a perfect game in that SB. At best, Wentz could only have matched that performance. And realistically, he probably doesn't go off to the same extent.

With how much Brady and the Pats offense was lighting up the Eagles defense Wentz would have needed to match what Foles did to win that game, and I think it's a > 50% chance that he doesn't do as well as Foles.

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I'm going to say no.

This isn't a knock against Wentz either, just that Foles pretty much played a perfect game in that SB. At best, Wentz could only have matched that performance. And realistically, he probably doesn't go off to the same extent.

With how much Brady and the Pats offense was lighting up the Eagles defense Wentz would have needed to match what Foles did to win that game, and I think it's a > 50% chance that he doesn't do as well as Foles.

I'm not going to necessarily disagree with you. You're correct in saying Foles played the perfect game and we can't assume another QB, even if they're better, would've done the same thing. I think they absolutely make it to the Super Bowl but the Pats' gameplan would've been completely different. The one thing that sticks with me is Belichick talking to Patricia on the sideline during the game and saying (paraphrasing of course), "Just keep doing what you're doing and let Foles make a mistake." The defensive gameplan was essentially play a vanilla defense and let Foles beat himself. They didn't see any way Foles would out-duel Brady. And I'm also willing to bet Malcolm Butler plays if Wentz was the QB. So, I don't know if the Patriots would've won but their defense would've looked completely different.

3 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I'm not going to necessarily disagree with you. You're correct in saying Foles played the perfect game and we can't assume another QB, even if they're better, would've done the same thing. I think they absolutely make it to the Super Bowl but the Pats' gameplan would've been completely different. The one thing that sticks with me is Belichick talking to Patricia on the sideline during the game and saying (paraphrasing of course), "Just keep doing what you're doing and let Foles make a mistake." The defensive gameplan was essentially play a vanilla defense and let Foles beat himself. They didn't see any way Foles would out-duel Brady. And I'm also willing to bet Malcolm Butler plays if Wentz was the QB. So, I don't know if the Patriots would've won but their defense would've looked completely different.

I mean I agree with what you are saying, but that seems to me that it would be more of an argument in favor of the Pats winning that game than it would be the Eagles. The Pats offense still probably torches the Eagles defense, and basically you are saying they have a much better gameplan against the Eagles offense if Wentz plays.

26 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

And I'm also willing to bet Malcolm Butler plays if Wentz was the QB. So, I don't know if the Patriots would've won but their defense would've looked completely different.

Different, yes.  Better, debatable considering just how bad Butler has been this season for the Titans...

Archived