Week 11 non-Viking games

vike daddy

Weird game.

Packers should've gone for it on 4th and 2. With Daniels hurt, there was no way to expect their defense to get the ball back by stopping 3 Seahawks run plays. Calling a slant pass on 3rd and 2 and then punting instead of handing the ball twice to Aaron Jones is just terrible decision making by McCarthy -- he's actually a good coach in many ways but not for game management. Jones dominated the first half and then hardly got the ball in the second half. They had lots of time for that final drive and passed 3 times, why not run the ball?

If Wilson doesn't miss the wide open TD to Baldwin in the 1st quarter, it wouldn't have felt like a blowout early. But then he hit a couple of pinpoint passes late in the game including the back-to-back completions to Lockett on the game winning drive. 

Rodgers had some amazing plays tonight (the bomb to Adams was crazy) but he couldn't sustain drives on 3rd down. Some of that was due to the OL struggling with pass blocking, even Bakhtiari had an uncharacteristically leaky game (despite some characteristic getting-away-with-holding). 

Fackrell was surprisingly excellent both in run defense and as a pass rusher, even if most of his pressure was in pursuit late in the play. 

The rash of presnap penalties on Seattle OL was being provoked by the Packers DL, according to former Vikings OL Geoff Schwartz: 

Packers will be in tough next week at US Bank if Daniels and/or Graham can't go. Their DL depth has been paper thin as it is, and they don't have anyone who can take Graham's place.

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Week 17, my man... Week 17.

I'm hoping you guys see Chase Daniels and Kevin White in week 17.  But I'm certainly not counting my chickens.  The weirdest scenario would be if the Bears and Vikings already are 3 and 6in some combination.  It would be 3rd string on 3rd string and probably offense that would resemble the 1980s

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I'm hoping you guys see Chase Daniels and Kevin White in week 17.  But I'm certainly not counting my chickens.  The weirdest scenario would be if the Bears and Vikings already are 3 and 6in some combination.  It would be 3rd string on 3rd string and probably offense that would resemble the 1980s

Lol that'd be hilarious, but Norv Turner is gone, so no 80s offense. 😥

But plenty of lulz

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Lol that'd be hilarious, but Norv Turner is gone, so no 80s offense. 😥

But plenty of lulz

I cant speak for Flip, but I saw Nagys preseason offense and it in no way resembled his regular season offense.  That game would be a glorified preseason game. It would be especially hilarious if that game got flexed

After scoring 21 points in the first half, the Packers were held to a stream of punts and a single field goal. Asked what the Seahawks did to restrict the Packers in the third and fourth quarters, Rodgers was candid.

Rodgers: “No disrespect, but not much. I think we beat ourselves in the second half. We moved the ball at will in the first half and in the second half we didn’t get the run game going and we didn’t convert any third downs. They brought a little more pressure, but I don’t think there was anything special that they did that was slowing us down. We just didn’t click in the right spots.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/16/aaron-rodgers-explains-the-frustrations-that-flow-from-short-week-football/

Archived