PRESEASON TEAM AWARDS - BROWNS 2017-18 Team Defensive Rookie of the Year.

EL Brownso

Who will be Browns team Defensive Rookie of the Year?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Browns team Defensive Rookie of the Year?

• Myles Garrett
    • Jabrill Peppers
    • Larry Ogunjobi
    • Caleb Brantley
    • B.J. Bello
    • Najee Murray
    • Kai Nacua
    • Channing Stribling
    • Other

Time for our second edition of the preseason awards. This time it will be the BROWNS defensive rookie of the year. For the team. Not the NFL. So please determine who you think the best first year player on the defensive side of the ball for the Cleveland Browns will be. 

40 minutes ago, killin' it like ki7er said:

Garrett for sure, Larry and Brantley will be too raw and peppers will be hard to compete because he probably won't be on the field as much initially.

I actually expect peppers to be on the field. Just as much if not more often. I doubt either comes off the field often but they both should see plenty of time. 

I disagree about Peppers, I think he is going to be all over the field, defense included, from day 1.  I think Garret is going to be amazing, but I voted for Peppers because I think he is going to be just as special, but in more ways than Garrett.

Tough decision with this one because I think a lot of Myles' impact won't show up on the stat sheet while Jabrill will be a Swiss army knife type guy and a lot of people will take notice of that. If we're going off numbers it'll be Jabrill, if it's overall impact it'll be Myles.

1 hour ago, LouBegaFreak said:

Tough decision with this one because I think a lot of Myles' impact won't show up on the stat sheet while Jabrill will be a Swiss army knife type guy and a lot of people will take notice of that. If we're going off numbers it'll be Jabrill, if it's overall impact it'll be Myles.

This is a really good assessment.  I believe that the impact of both will be huge.  Garrett is going to make Ogbah a beast too I believe.  He will set the edge good forcing backs back into the meat of our DLine.  He will hurry the passer leading to some picks.  I also expect a few strip sacks from him.

I believe that Peppers is going to be cramming some fans own words straight down their throats from pre draft when they said he could not cover.  He wasn't asked to at Michigan, that doesn't mean that he can't.  I think he will have a few picks, a ton of tackles, some highlight reel hits, some forced fumbles, some stuffed runs, a few sacks himself off of safety blitzes, and that is just on defense.

Our defense is scary looking into the future.  I expect (if we don't have to go all in on a QB) for us to get 2 of these 3 positions in round 1 next year.  CB, S, WR, depending upon how the WRs play this year.  If we can land a round 1 stud S and round 1 stud CB next year, I think our D will be set barring injury, and in a few years, most will still be very young, and they will hit their primes together, hopefully still in Williams scheme.  I am thinking maybe even 2000 Ravens level good.

5 hours ago, EL Brownso said:

I actually expect peppers to be on the field. Just as much if not more often. I doubt either comes off the field often but they both should see plenty of time. 

I hope so, a few more strong performances like he had in that tc day and he will make a case for it. It's just with all the different looks Williams will be using i'm not sure how the players will all be utilized. Time will tell I guess.

Archived